T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 18!! Welcome!!

Options
Welcome to Week 18 Team!
ani-whos-awesome.gif

Yes, thats right... YOU ARE!! 18 weeks of working twards your goals and accomplishing great things!! Pat yourself on the back!! You should be so PROUD!

Wanna join THE TEAM?? Come on in and introduce yourself. Share your goals, success & struggles with us. Most of us check in every day. Everyone on THE Team is here to support you and motivate you when you need a kick with the padded slipper! A very friendly group, we love new faces and you will love it here!
Several of us are sharing our food journals now in "friend" mode, some of us are public. If you need some new idea's or wanna share some advice, feel free to check them out. Dont forget to send a friend request if you wanna see the "friends" mode shares.
Final week of the BMI Challenge. (yes it has been 5 weeks already since we started!) You are welcome to keep posting it in the future if ya like. Please state your starting BMI and how much TOTAL it has dropped DURING THE MONTH OF MAY. Best of luck to everyone!!

Name- SW / GW / CW / total loss or gain this week

Replies

• cjchism
    cjchism Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would love to join the team. How do I go about doing this? Am I too late to join? I see it is in the 18th week. Please let me know. I would love to do this with a team and support.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    cjchism ~ never too late to join! Welcome to THE Team (THE stands for Trying Hard Everyday):bigsmile: We are glad to have you!
    welcometrain.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    CJ- Welcome aboard!! A few of us may be on week 18, but there are several who joined us after that time. We welcome new people each week and would love to have you!!!

Our official weigh in days are Fridays, so this thread is the start for the next week. You'll see alot of activity here then.

Welcome again!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    indianagranny - sw216.2/gw160/cw188 -.2 loss
    indianagranny - sbmi31.6(for the contest)/gbmiunder30/cbmi30.3 -1.3

LI4G - Another beautiful start to the board - thank you so so much. Each and everyone of these either by you or Adopt4 means a lot to me.

It has been another week full of stress especially from work which drove me crazy and to do some off the wall things - like no exercise for 3 days and minimal on others. TOM finally hit this morning so that don't help. But hey gang I HAVE A .2 LOSS And I AM HAPPY. It could have been worse but the things like stress or emotional eating cause of work - I finally figure out it was happening and worked hard on dealing with it on Thursday and being more honest on logging even during my over eating days So that was my victory for this week

Next week - I already know it is going to be stressed filled for various reasons - So I am going to strive again to overcome turning to eating at these times and getting more exercising in. I am also going to strive to look for something good in everyday and rejoice in it. I know there are the obvious of being alive, etc etc but I will look for something of speciality in each day. Am I looking for weight loss this week - well yes, but hoping and knowing it will come through the actions I put into the week.

I will be back before I go to work at my second job to see how everyone else is doing. Good - luck
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    Good moring :drinker:

This week had been nuts, last week of school and all, but I managed to stay on track. I even said no to a peice of cake :smile: .

SW 198, GW 135, CW 175= 2 lbs loss

I hope you have a wonderful weekens. I should be able to post a little more once I'm not so busy. Thanks for all the support.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    I am quite disappointed this morning. I have been staying on my 1300 calorie diet, walking over a mile a day and basically no loss. I am trying to stay positive.

Aprilrenee-SW(245)GW(150)CW(240) 2 oz lost.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    manda1111 - sw198/gw135/cw175 - -2pound loss

Manda1111 - Congratulaions girl - with all you have going on , you are doing fantastic. Keep it up. Looking forward to when you can post more.

CJCHISM - Welcome to the thread - you will love it here.

Cyndeebee - I hope you get your new computor table soon. But thanks for taking the time to post yesterday, at least we knew you were ok.

Lulu - I got your names and added them to the list. Thank you for keeping my friend and I in your prayers, He is struggling hard with acception but we will get there.

LI4G - Got your names too and added them to the list. Hope you survived the storm! And I definitely can't wait to see this cake - definitely do not forget to post pics ASAP.

Maria - I join you in your stormy feelings girl. They will past and you will have much better days.

To u girls yet to weigh in - GOOD - LUCK
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Aprilrenee - sw245/gw150/cw240 -2 oz loss

April - first of all - it was a loss Congratulations. There could be many factors affecting this. You are staying within your calories - how is your sodium. are you staying under your sodium intake number? Are you any ways near time of month time? Plus with your exercising, could it be muscle weight girl ?Have you loss inches? Are your clothes fitting better? So don't let it get you down? Be more determined this week - and keep up the good work. Keep posting and readind the other threads for more knowledge.
  • cjchism
    Options
    Thank you so much. I have been weighing in on Mondays but will switch to Fridays. How do I post my ticker to my messages like you all have it? I do have a ticker already set up. Thank you and I look forward to being a part of your team.
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    Well 2 pounds is better than gaining.....why am I disapointed? :grumble:
  • cjchism
    Options
    Hello again, just wanted to post me cw.
    sw:200/gw:140/cw:197
    I did figure out how to make my food and exercise log public, thanks
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    cjchism-sw:200/gw:140/cw:197
    prayerfulmom- +2

Dang it. I am a ball of stinkin' emotional this week with my daughter graduating high school tonight. I overindulged last night. Had to fess up. :cry: I kept trying to connect with people to talk about it but no one had time for me yesterday. I'm angry with important people in my daughters life who don't take the time out to make her feel special. I'm sad my dad is gone and can't share in this special day. I'm excited and sad at the same time to see her moving on to adulthood. Should have vented here yesterday before I blew up:explode: I guess I'll have to work extra hard this week!

OK, I need to focus on some goals this week:

Cycle-75
    Run-8-10
  • indianagranny
    Options
    cjchism - sw200/gw140/cw197
    4maria - sw/gw/cw - 2 pound loss

Maria, I have thought long and hard to give you an answer to your question - Why am I disappointed?
    First of all 2 pounds is FANTASTIC. Losing weight slowly, correctly and the way MFP has it set up is safe and you probably won't gain it back as fast. I have been able to hold my weight off every time I go through a stressful situation. I once gained 5 pounds back and did cry hard, posted, got up off my rear more the next week and fought hard to lose it. Then realized after all that it was probably water weight and muscle weight from exercising more.Learn and try to focus on many other things on this journey also such as
    1. measurements - are you losing inches/
    2. healthy choices - are you eating and selecting healthy things to eat?
    3. eating enough- to eat too few calories will stall the weight loss?
    4. attitude about yourself - accept that the weight loss will be slow and find features about yourself that change faster than others (the weight dropped off my face quickly and was a huge difference)
    5. emotions inside your body - learn a lot here FINALLY. Learn to like yourself.
    6. exercise - exercise - exercise. the more you move that your body is not use to doing in a day, the more help it will be.

I am sure the others can most more. Please try and have a good day. Celebrate the two pounds with a long leisurely walk. And strive to make it two pounds next week. Good - Luck. I hope this helps
  • 4Maria
    4Maria Posts: 18
    Options
    THANK YOU! I needed that. I was expecting a "Biggest loser" drop in weight...but 2 lbs is goo....plus I feel better!

Thanks for the support, I'm so glad you're all here for me!:love:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Congrates on the pounds lost...

Welcome to the New comers we are glad to have you...

April, dont get discouraged..in due time the pounds will fly off... just stay patient and keep doing what your doing by walking and staying in the calorie range.. if you can change your habit just a bit so that your body isnt use to just one thing at the same time.. you can confuse your body.. it might work better... lossing inches is just as good.. How did the Dr.'s go what did he say???

Li4g- What an awsome start of the thread... I love it... so once again you ROCK....

Indiana - You are such a wonderful person for caring our family and friend that are near and dear to us on you walk it really means a lot...

okay well I have to go to my dad's to weigh in but I am not heading over there until 1 so I will be posting later.. its friday and seems like all I am doing is driving in the damn car droping everyone off and then picking everyone up... I need some me time!!!! lol

I started again at 6 took hubby to work at 7 Julia to school at 7:30 Neko to school at 8 and cassie to school at 8:30 got home at 9 ate my breakfast then went out and started messing around with the pool... and now I am off to the store to get some more dirt for the garden!!! then I have to pick neko up at 1pm go to my dad's and weigh in then pick julia up at 2 the cassie at 3 and hubby at 3:30 then drive them all home then go pick my sister up in Ann Arbor which is an hour drive.. cuz she is coming over for the weekend.. so i should be out there at 4:30 then my daughter has her diversity club dinner at 6.. and then our friends are coming over and yep I am tierd just thinking about what I have to do today!!!... so I will post as soon as I get a moment !!!

Good Luck to all that havent posted yet...

Sheia
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    AprilRenee- down 2oz
    Prayerfulmom- +2lbs
    Losingit4good- SW 240 / GW175 / CW 217.2/ Lost .6 pounds (I'll take it!)
    Losingit4good- SBMI 30.2/ GBMI under 27/ CBMI 29.5/ Dropped .7 points during May.

Well, Im up and as soon as I eat breakfast I'll be ready to hit the gym before the little ones get here at noon. Also planning on filling in my food log for the remainder of the week so I can have a plan. Its easier for me to do that ahead of time and make changes, then it is for me to wing it and get my calories in. Not too disappointed with the half pound loss today. TOM is around the corner, so any loss showing now is a blessing..:laugh:

Prayerful- So sorry that your daughter isnt getting the support right now from people who should be there. I get to do the graduation thing next year with my oldest, in fact, Morgolis and I were just discussing that last night and I am mortified! Once they start high school things just go soooo fast! Congratulations as a parent for raising a sucessful student! What is she planning to do after graduation?

April- Keep it up, it will happen for you! Its gonna take a little time for your body to get used to eating good and doing new things. If you have been walking for a while, maybe try to add something else to your routine also. Maybe try some weighted gloves while your walking to tone your arms. They are a great workout! Anyway...dont get frustrated! A huge loss each week isnt the healthiest way to get it off and doing it slowly will help you keep it off once you reach your goals.

Indiana- you amaze me girl! Your willpower and strength! I love that about you! Keep up the great work! I will post a pic of the cake when its finished tonight.

CJ- if you go up to tools, you can create a weight loss ticker like we all have. It will give you a code to copy and paste into your signature. To get to the signature editing section, go to HOME, then SETTINGS, Then EDIT SIGNATURE and paste it into the little box. Hope that helps! :wink:

Welp...Im off to eat and get moving!! Oh...almost forgot...there are 3 new pictures (from last night) of each of the babies on my blog. Did some comparison on the web and we definitely have 3 boys. :laugh: :laugh:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom- +2
    Losingit4good- SBMI 30.2/ GBMI under 27/ CBMI 29.5/ Dropped .7 points during May.
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 235.6/-3.9!!!!

Almost a 4 pound loss this week! Well, I had a little help.. LOL But looks like my month+ plateau may be broken, I'm so excited I'm doing the happy dance!!!

Was going to do water aerobics and then the storm hit so we were hunkered down and watching for tornadoes (was a few funnel clouds, but nothing touched down). So went way over on cals last night because I was stressed... going to do step+abs class this morning which will totally make up for anything I went over last night.

At least it's cooled off a bit for now, the last few days were totally miserable. Last night was good sleepin' with it all cooled off! I didn't realize how much the heat/humidity really saps your strength until I woke up this morning ready and rarin' to go get my butt kicked at the gym.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    ndianagranny - sw216.2/gw160/cw188 -.2 loss
    prayerfulmom- +2
    adopt4 - sw 273/gw 165/cw 235.6/-3.9!!!!
    stillkristi - sw 461/ gw 195 / cw 394 2 lbs lost (May 1 = 429 June 1 = 394 total pounds lost 35
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.5 At the beginning of May, BMI was 61.5 - total loss = 5

Hey team, how is everyone?? Way to go Kelli!!! Happy dance for you!!! Good job everyone. Everyone who isn't really happy with this last week - remember our weight can swing as many as 5 pounds in a day. Don't worry, keep doing what you are doing. WE ROCK.

Gotta answer the door. More later!
  • cjchism
    Options
    I changed my signature, let's see if this works. Thank you and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    I know what you mean. I lost 2 lbs too and I have to remind myself that its good. My husband was teasing me saying "you did two weeks of work this week" and he's right but that part of me that wants to tell me that all my efforts need to be ever more to be good enough was already working on me. So I stopped and tried to remeber my real motivation - life change-. I don't want to "just" loose weight. I want to lean how to love myself and respect the body that I was given, not dispise it or force it to be something that its not. Its not easy to remember that I am learning a whole new way of being and I'm going to make mistakes and have set backs, but I also know that I don't want to be that sad fat girl ever again. So the only way to do that is to change me from the inside out. As I love myself more I love my body more and stop juddging myself so much. I work and work hard but with self love as the center of my motivation. This is the only way that change, authentic change is possible. You have all that you need inside you already.