Hey Ladies ~ Where do you get your Fav workout clothes?

Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    The Champion sports bras at Target are the best. The material is cool and soft and they come in awesome colors!
  • ConniD
    ConniD Posts: 15 Member
    Target!!!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    This thread explains why I can no longer find my beloved Danskin leggings at Wal-Mart! :sad:
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    I'd suggest Target and Old Navy (although I haven't been there in a while to see the selection lately). I also like a lot of the fitness clothing they've had at Lane Bryant over the past year or two but that's really only good if you're size 14 and up.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Target mostly with a few Lululemon pieces... they are expensive but worth it! wish i could afford to buy more!
  • carrie564
    carrie564 Posts: 44 Member
    You definitely need quality bottoms, since your legs are doing most of the work. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having Nike capri style running pants- super spandex, but thick enough that bad bulges don't show, so I can be in public. :) You can get those at a sports store like ****'s or Sports Authority. Expect around $50. Don't skimp and get Walmart or Target stuff, at least for the bottoms.

For tops make sure you get dri-fit style tops (the slick, breathable, thin active tops). It makes a WORLD of difference. You can find these at official running stores, or even at Kohl's for slightly cheaper. I think Nike brand is the best fit & material! I can usually find them at Kohl's for around $26 for a short sleeve, originally priced; but we all know Kohl's stuff is on sale all the time, and you can find coupons all the time! :) I also picked up a great running track-style jacket on Kohl's clearance for $11 (from $58)! So I'd definitely go there.

I've also surprisingly found a few nice items at places like TJ Maxx & Marshalls. Check them out. But just don't skimp on your bottoms. You really need to be able to move those legs comfortably, with full range of motion, without them shifting on you. It's VERY worth it! :)
  • luvwindycity
    luvwindycity Posts: 15 Member
    Target or Kohls. I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes I sweat in and the brands at either store holds up well.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    I'm a bargain shopper, so typicaly I hit the workout apparel in TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I also am lucky enough where we have some outlets close by so will hit up Under Armour (mostly for sports bras), Nike and Reebok.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    I'm also a cheapo.... I get Danskin stuff at Walmart. I don't like spending a ton of money on clothes right now as in a month or two, they don't fit anymore. I don't feel bad throwing away a pair of pants that only costs me 11 bucks.
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    I LOVE the clothes they have at Walmart in the States. We have Walmart here too, but it's different, not as good a selection and certainly not the terrific prices. I wait until I'm on vacation down there and then I stock up at Walmart. I love their workout clothes.
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Im a cheap skate (+ since I am losing weight I dont want to spend a lot as I go thru different weights on my way to my goal weight). I go to Walmart or Target. They actually have cute stuff.

I'm cheap too. Target and Kohls. I figure Im just gonna wear then half an hour to an hour a day and get them drenched in sweat why spend a ton on them.

Yes I agree with the both of you!
  • amy3cc
    amy3cc Posts: 16 Member
    I'm a huge Adidas fan, but hate spending the cash. However, I have an outlet store close to me, and they have FABULOUS sales, and then I can afford them. :)
  • dougherty35
    dougherty35 Posts: 1 Member
    Underarmour sports bras.
    Bj's has yoga pants.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Honestly, I get my stuff at target or Walmart...it almost similar to the high priced stuff you see in the mags.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    I am in Canada so there aren't as many options. I have no Target or other stores like that.

You obviously have the internet. target.com

I have had miserable experience shopping online. I am one of those people who need to try stuff on, and shipping to Canada can be freakin expensive, especially when I have to return stuff. Unless they have free shipping for returns, I waste $20-30 just to try an item on.

And they don't ship to Canada.

Target is coming soon :) I dont like online shopping either as I have a hard time finding "fit".....I love costco for workout gear!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Underarmour sports bras.
    Bj's has yoga pants.

under armour sports bras are my fav...worth every penny!
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    I wear lululemon when I teach yoga but I wear cheap target and old navy stuff when I'm just taking class or at the gym.

However I also did splurge for a lulu sports bra - they have the best, most supportive, least uniboob causing bras I've ever seen. And they have fantastic names like "tata tamer" and "the bust stops here".

Old Navy stuff seems to be decreasing in quality - I have some yoga pants from like a decade ago that I can still rock, but a pair that I bought last year is starting to pill.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    I have always loved Nike gear... Bought my first pair of shorts way way back probably 10 years ago, and they still look great (just a little faded). Since then, and since finding the Nike outlet near my work I have purchased lots more, and its just such great quality, great colours, and tons of variety in styles. LOVE IT! It's all I can do to not go there and buy one of everything!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    my favorite pants are from target, they were the higher end champion ones and came in petite length (woohoo!) they were about $40 and i almost didnt buy them, but so glad i did. No rolling down and they are comfy too and stay in place. I also love underarmour, but its more expensive, so the one piece i do have i got at TJ Maxx.
  • Ross has good cheap stuff too