40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, I know I am. The temperature was perfect to head out race walking today - it was tough with the snow and ice. Went about 7.5km and I feel fabulous right now! I've dropped a pound this past week and have made it to 20 lbs lost so far. I feel so happy and motivated!

Have a great day, everyone!!
  • KYMUSE
    KYMUSE Posts: 66
    Options
    "Inveniam viam aut faciam ("I will find a way or make one")"

Can I steal this quote - LOVE IT!

Please do!! I got it from a photography website-loved it!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    On my run this afternoon, I noticed a lot of little lizards running around on the pavement. Meanwhile, a couple are coming toward me walking their dog. I always keep a close eye on dogs, especially the ones with the super long retractable leashes. I like dogs, and dogs usually like me, but you never know what they will think about a runner. So, this dog appears to be behaving then all of a sudden it appears to be darting right at me. Fortunately, it wasn't after me, it had just suddenly noticed all the baby lizards, lol.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    hi all - and welcome to all the newbies. Great seeing so many new faces on the board.

Did manage to get my long run in today. It warmed up considerably today, which made it pleasant to run outside. Did NOT want to do a treadmill run for my long run.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.:flowerforyou:
  • sdereski
    Options
    Hi all,

I am 43 and on the path to reclaiming my "fighting weight" after a 3 year ordeal with cancer. My last surgery was in 2010 and I think I was scared on some level to get back in shape...part of finding that "new normal" they talk about, I guess.

I am a complete health nut, avid juicer and yoga student. I also love to run and lift weights 2-3 times a week.

Goals?? My first goal is to get back to 139, which is what I weighed at the time of my diagnosis in 2008. Phase 2-drop to 130 lbs, then increase calories and the intensity of my lifting. I'm a lifelong gym rat, my muscles are there, I just have to "chisel" a few layers away to find them.

Good luck to us all,
    Marissa

Inveniam viam aut faciam ("I will find a way or make one")

Welcome! You truly are a survivor. After reading your profile (yes, I peeked) I am positive you will reach all your goals. :happy:
  • sdereski
    Options

bexdc - why do I recognize you from somewhere? Were you on here before? Great workout week btw. :flowerforyou:

I left MFP for awhile, but now I'm back!

I thought so. I am sure you were one of my friends. :laugh:
    Glad you're back!

Thanks! Yes, I didn't delete my MFP account but I left it dormant. When I came back, I only had one MFP friend left, so I've had to start over with a new batch of folks.

Awww, I feel terrible for deleting you now. :sad:
    So glad you're back.
  • sdereski
    Options
    down 2 more pounds. am very pleased with my level of focus. i figure 10 more lbs down and then i'll be ready to start running, so by end of februaryish.

Great job!!:drinker:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    BUMP,bump
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    I'm here. Tired. For some reason, I'm waking up at 4:30 every morning and having a REALLY tough time falling back asleep. Doesn't bode well for my work-day. Nevermind my work-outs.

It's strength-training, today.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options

bexdc - why do I recognize you from somewhere? Were you on here before? Great workout week btw. :flowerforyou:

I left MFP for awhile, but now I'm back!

I thought so. I am sure you were one of my friends. :laugh:
    Glad you're back!

Thanks! Yes, I didn't delete my MFP account but I left it dormant. When I came back, I only had one MFP friend left, so I've had to start over with a new batch of folks.

Awww, I feel terrible for deleting you now. :sad:
    So glad you're back.

Haha! No big deal--just stating a fact. :tongue:

In other news: I didn't get my 11-mile run in yesterday b/c of a family event.
    So I did a quick tempo run this morning:

Mile 1: warm-up @ 9:56 pace
    Miles 2-4: 8:06/mile tempo pace
    Mile 4-4.5: cool-down jog
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hope I'm not too late to join. I'm a 53 yo female. I am doing the Supreme 90 Day second round. I had success with the first round but did a bad bad thing during the holidays. I gotta get rid of this weight. It is causing me back and knee problems. This time I am determined to keep it off. I lost 8 poinds the first go round so I am back at it. Need all the inspiration I can get.

I am now 152 pounds and my goal is 135. It's amazing how five or even 10 extra pounds can cause back and knee problems. Can't jog but can do the Supreme 90. Just finished day 6, today. It's hard getting up at 5:30 a.m. but gotta do it because I know I won't do it after work. Have a great day MFP peeps.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone: Had a great weekend at our cabin. Got a foot of new snow. Sledding and snowshoeing so much fun. Will be weighing in tomorrow, so will see how that goes.

Everyone sounds like they are doing a great job taking care of themselves! Welcome to all the newbies!

Chris, Alf.....think we better start thinking of starting the Cool Kids Part 2 plan as we are all ready at 421 posts and at this rate could be locked out by Wens! What do you think?

Mel :flowerforyou:
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    On my run this afternoon, I noticed a lot of little lizards running around on the pavement. Meanwhile, a couple are coming toward me walking their dog. I always keep a close eye on dogs, especially the ones with the super long retractable leashes. I like dogs, and dogs usually like me, but you never know what they will think about a runner. So, this dog appears to be behaving then all of a sudden it appears to be darting right at me. Fortunately, it wasn't after me, it had just suddenly noticed all the baby lizards, lol.

hewhoiscd - Heh heh!! Glad he was just after the lizards, yikes. That would have made my heart stop!
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am so excited. I bought my first two piece swim suit ever and I can say it actually looks okay. I am going on a cruise in a few weeks and I am actually going to hit my goal of wearing a two piece. I would of never thought over a year ago that I would be doing this. Have a great day.
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Chris, Alf.....think we better start thinking of starting the Cool Kids Part 2 plan as we are all ready at 421 posts and at this rate could be locked out by Wens! What do you think?

It will automatically create a new thread titled like this one, but with "Part 2" added onto it.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Pure cardio (insanity) today. Did 35 pushup-jacks to end it. Personal best for me.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Got my HRM at the first of the year.

This month so far I have burned 16,364 Calories. I want to break 20,000 for the month!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    I am feeling much better, today. I slept better. And, the sun is getting up earlier....almost up by the time I get to work. So, the "deep winter humdrums" should fade, soon. (The SAD lamp I rec'd as a xmas gift doesn't seem to be adding any benefits - although I still use it everyday, so who knows??)

Today is an HIIT/stretching day.
  • hewhoiscd
    Options
    Medium Run Today (Lunch): 2.5 miles in 22:37 at an avg 9:01mm pace. Splits: 1st mile @10:03, 2nd mile @8:49, and last half mile @3:45. Also did a .4 mile warm up walk and a .7 mile cool down walk.

Have to get back to work. Will post more later.
  • Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    45 here, single mom to two boys (ages 12 and 8), and looking to drop a boatload of weight this year. I got a Fitbit on January 5th, then found this site and linked the two. I've made some great changes in both my eating and exercise. Lost 4 lbs my first week and have been stalled ever since. I'm seem to be one of those people who need to do killer workouts every single day if I want to lose weight. That doesn't fit in with being an executive assistant with a 60-90 minute commute both ways. And grade 4 arthritis in both patellas. But I'm doing what I can. I certainly FEEL better and have more energy. And I'm excited about this for the first time in maybe forever. :)