Hey Ladies ~ Where do you get your Fav workout clothes?

Options

Replies

• divaturner
    divaturner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to purchase my work out clothes from Wal-mart, Target and JC Penney's. You can actually go online and purchase clearance items from JC Penney's unless you like to shop in store. Also stop by any Old Navy store during clearance sales. Hope this helps you. :happy:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am in Canada so there aren't as many options. I have no Target or other stores like that.

WHAT? We have tons of options. Any athletic store, lulu, walmart. My goodness. It's not hard to find somewhere to get yoga pants!

That being said, I just hit up the LuLuLemon warehouse sale and I bought 2 shorts, 1 crop, 1 pant and a sweater for $200.00 booya!

I said there aren't AS many options, not that there aren't any. And I was referring to options others were giving like TJ Maxx, Target, JC Penny. I can't think of the other ones like that.
    I also suggested Lulu, but I also mentioned I don't have Lululemon near here, nor do we have Costco or Old Navy. Just about the only one mentioned here that I do have is Zellers and Walmart or a sports chain store.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I am in Canada so there aren't as many options. I have no Target or other stores like that.

WHAT? We have tons of options. Any athletic store, lulu, walmart. My goodness. It's not hard to find somewhere to get yoga pants!

That being said, I just hit up the LuLuLemon warehouse sale and I bought 2 shorts, 1 crop, 1 pant and a sweater for $200.00 booya!

Well, I'm not sure what area you are in but I'm from the Maritimes and their is lots of options: Walmart, Costco, Sports Check, Running Room, Old Navy, Cleves and I'm sure I am missing a whole bunch! And of course the good ole internet!

I like Costco for everyday activity, walking or light sports/exercises. I have a lot of stuff from Nike that I get on eBay for a very good price!
  • jacs20
    jacs20 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love Old Navy for their workout clothes. They have a great sale going on now.
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    another vote for target. costco has some champion yoga pants and shirts a couple of weeks ago so i picked some up 14.99 for pants 11.99 for tops. love them so comfy and wicks the sweat away
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am a hardcore Lululemon fan. It is expensive, yes, but it lasts forever, is comfortable, fits well and looks good. It is my treat to myself for working so hard. I spend 6 days a week at the gym and run 3-4 times a week. I wash and wear them constantly and they still look great. I have a friend who teaches spin class and swears by them as well.
    I buy one piece at a time (there is no store here so I buy them on trips and save for it) and have built up a decent wardrobe.

I also like the tops because they are long. I have a long torso and brands like Nike tend to be too short.

Agreed! I wash my yoga crops at least 3 times a week and have had them for over a year with no problems AND they make you look at least 20 pounds lighter, seriously. I buy whatever is on sale. :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Im a cheap skate (+ since I am losing weight I dont want to spend a lot as I go thru different weights on my way to my goal weight). I go to Walmart or Target. They actually have cute stuff.

Exactly my feelings. :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    :smile: Happy Monday to you!!!! Well now that I am working out like crazy and have lost some weight and inches I want some more nice work out clothes and headbands. I checked out Lucy.com, saw it in a yoga magazine....cute but WOW $$$$$

Just wondering what are your favorites. I might have to just spend some $$ for some quaility stuff since I will use it. I do everything....weights, spin, step, hot yoga, run.

Thanks!!!!!!!

About five miles from where I live is a gigantic Sports Direct place. I go there once per year, pick up around five pairs of bottoms and six or seven tops a pair of trainers and some socks and that does me until the next year. The stuff very inexpensive and often there will be something like 70% off the price, deals all over the place. I am not bothered about the name, as long as the stuff fits and is comfortable.

It lasts all year too, bit of a result!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Well, I'm not sure what area you are in but I'm from the Maritimes and their is lots of options: Walmart, Costco, Sports Check, Running Room, Old Navy, Cleves and I'm sure I am missing a whole bunch! And of course the good ole internet!

I like Costco for everyday activity, walking or light sports/exercises. I have a lot of stuff from Nike that I get on eBay for a very good price!

See above - I clarified that. And I have none of those stores here. It doesn't really matter anyway, my preference is Lulu.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Target! I like the Champion brand--they actually have V-neck t-shirts, the only style t-shirt I wear!
  • meghan_cr
    Options
    Love my Lululemon (yes it's expensive but it lasts forever and their tops are super cute!). Lulu pants are also great to wear while running errands/on the weekends.

I love my Sugoi knickers for running -- super comfortable. Also love Underarmor/Nike tops. I get all this stuff at Sports Basement (in the bay area, California) -- great prices and they have a huge selection.

For running make sure to invest in a good pair of socks and shoes!
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Target and Kohl's are the best and affordable! I do splurge on Lulu on occasion.
  • LaurenJn83
    Options
    One more vote for Old Navy from me :)
    Athleta and Old Navy are both owned by the same parent company, so I figure for a lot less, Old Navy's work out clothes can't be too bad!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Goodwill!!! While I am losing weight.... I don't like to spend more than I have to for something that won't fit me in the near future!
  • Yvonna59
    Options
    Goodwill or other second-hand shop. Doesn't make sense to spend lots of money on clothes that will only fit for a little while. One of my rewards for reaching my goal will be to buy new clothes. I've found some sweet clothing at second-hand shops too!
  • marigold77
    Options
    I live in Canada -- but Joe Fresh is AWESOME. I think they just started to open stores in the US... I love their clothes, and their gym stuff is very durable and reasonably priced... highly recommended.
  • ConkreteChic
    ConkreteChic Posts: 72 Member
    Options

You obviously have the internet. target.com

I have had miserable experience shopping online. I am one of those people who need to try stuff on, and shipping to Canada can be freakin expensive, especially when I have to return stuff. Unless they have free shipping for returns, I waste $20-30 just to try an item on.

And they don't ship to Canada.

Have you ever tried Zappo's? Not sure if this is US only, but you can buy a TON of stuff from many different brands, it ships in one business day, for FREE, and anything you don't like you can ship back for FREE as well. They have workout clothes, tons of shoes, regular clothes, swimsuits, you name it. We just "bought" $1800 worth of stuff to try on for our cruise, as most stores around here aren't carrying things like swimsuits and shorts yet.
  • thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am in love with the new line from Old Navy. Their compression pants are to die for and keep everything from jiggling around. Their dry-tech tops are awesome too and absorb the sweat. They are having an awesome sale right now! Dry-tech shirts for $7.50 and compression pants for $19.50, Yoga pants for $12.50
  • afassett
    Options
    Walmart, Joe Fresh, Zellers are all great!
  • divaturner
    divaturner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fitness clothes for a great deal or steal, I was told this morning Academy Sports and Outdoors have their 2 pc warm-up sets for $10.00. This is the time for the stores to have clearance sales on their winter items. :happy: