ever been told you werent good looking?

Options

Replies

• Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I got picked on unmerceslessly in middle and high school. I was told to my face that I was ugly, unattractive, fat, ect. My best friend at the time had big boobs (I am not well endowed) and all the guys would make comments to me about how hot she was because of her chest, and I was just "one of the guys" or that I was the "token ugly friend"- words hurt.

I would like to think that I have grown up, and moved past that, but I still have those insecurities.

What it did give me was a wicked sense of sarcasm and humor- if I made the joke first, meant they couldn't.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    KI7sj.png

True Story
  • somedayone20
    Options
    I've never been told that outright, but I have had rude comments about my hair/clothes/etc. before. I know it's cliche, but the people who say these things are really just insecure about themselves, and you shouldn't let it get to you.
    If you are confident in yourself, then you are good looking.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I get told I am not good looking almost everyday. Granted it's almost always myself telling me this, but I'm always right!

Stop telling yourself that! Clearly you are not always right!

But I hear ya...personally I have never had anyone else tell me I wasn't good looking but I am my own worst critic/enemy when I look in the mirror.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've never had anyone blatantly tell me to my face that i'm ugly but they could well have been thinking it. I do however get alot of if you werent so fat you'd be really attractive, which i guess is a backwards way of calling somebody ugly.... so actually my answer is yes! lol.
  • krist3ng
    krist3ng Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    do you count seventh grade bullies?

...no one's ever bluntly said it (other than in seventh grade as aforementioned) but my looks are not a one-size-fits-all thing (it's the glasses! either they're sexy or dorky!!!)

...don't believe my profile pic, I am consistently bespectacled
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I've never been called ugly. I get one of two things:

1) "You're awesome but I'm not really into "big" guys"

2) The look. If you are unfamiliar with "the look", picture a woman entering a room and seeing a cockroach on the floor. That look that crosses her face is about what "the look" is.
  • harv456
    Options
    I used to get "if you were thinner you'd be good looking".... Well if you were good looking...end of sentence..LOL!
    It used to bother me, but that was because my self esteem was down due to my weight.
    I am losing weight and feeling good about myself. :laugh:
  • Ninja_Bunny
    Ninja_Bunny Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry someone said something so hurtful to you. I have never been told I was "ugly" it has always been a passive aggressive weight comment. My grandfather said to me, " It was great to see you this Christmas, but how about next visit we see a little less of you." It was years ago and it still haunts me today Everyone has beauty and value regardless of the size or physical appearance We just have to realize some people over indulge on the Hateraide :)
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My former boss continually kept telling me I looked tired... everyday... several times a day.

Eventually, I snapped told HIM that HE looked pregnant and then I quit. :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I haven't been told to my face, but I've heard people talk about me to others "Erin is fat." This was years ago during high school. I'll admit I wasn't the skinny popular girl, but I wasn't fat either. I was actually smaller than I am now. I wore one size smaller in high school, I only wear 13/14 now! I didn't have the best fashion then. I liked t-shirts and jeans. Normally, I had my hair pulled back. I wasn't too incompetent because I was on the dance team and we wore short skirts, tight clothing, and sleeveless things at every game. I still have not forgotten that comment to this day! I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing and who said it.

People can be so mean!! Especially teenagers because they are still young and don't see the reality of people (most teenagers anyway). The ideal is not always model body!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    This probably sounds so conceited or maybe I shouldn't even post this, but no I've never been told I wasn't good looking. People should learn to keep their comments to themselves though, as in my opinion, every single person is beautiful. Maybe not to your's or my standards, but someone in the world is going to look at them and think, "OMG that person is absolutely stunning."

What a nice message!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I've never been called ugly. I get one of two things:

1) "You're awesome but I'm not really into "big" guys"

2) The look. If you are unfamiliar with "the look", picture a woman entering a room and seeing a cockroach on the floor. That look that crosses her face is about what "the look" is.

I have a reply to each of your two points
    1.Bigger guys = better snugglers. I love bigger guys!
    2. I'm not afraid of bugs, so if I saw a cockroach on the floor, I would try to catch it and set it free outside.

I may be a little weird.
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, I was told I was "built like a Mustang", "healthy", "thick" and "wearing my winter coat". I feel those are just as bad as calling someone unattractive because they're playful ways of calling someone overweight and unattractive. The people who called me those weren't complimenting me on curves.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Your friend (ex-friend?) is a dirty liar.
    [/quote]

This. lol. She was a dirty liar and probably trying to throw you off track. You're a total cutie. I would keep ignoring her :)

Oh, and to answer the thread, yeah i've been called ugly before.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    @ HorrorChix8, I think you are beautiful.
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my older brother told me i was so ugly my parents had to be paid to bring me home from the hospital. I told him he looked like a monkey's a** directly after a bowel movement so I guess we are even.
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    @ deena. I've been called thick but it was said as a compliment :-) the others though, were mean.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I dunno if i was ever told out loud but i know that i never had a boyfriend till i was 20 and i never looked my age i also took forever to get boobs (lol) and even then they are nothing to brag about, had acne etc, one time in high school i had someone throw an apple core at me, when i hit my 20's i finally had some attention but could never register it as real cause i couldn't believe it, but now that i stopped giving a crap i seem to attract more positive people and now i am 27, and on new years i was told i was hot and that i looked 19 lol (made my night) so all those 27 year olds from high school that now look like they are 40 can suck it!!! I am a mom of 2 who can pull off being hot and 8 years younger hahahahaha
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow! The nerve of people. Yeah, that is how it goes though. It really shows you who your true friends are. I had that happen to me when I lost the weight before. I didn't like the attention at all because I felt like it was only because I lost weight that they were looking at me. I want someone to love me or like me for me. You are doing the right thing. Her loss.