Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    welcome back pink.... congrats on the 4lbs lost. that is great.... and I'm glad to hear that you minimize your wog for safety, that is #1 priority. but good luck this week and keep up the good work.

I just finished my workout today, my upper quads are to sore to wog, I tried and only got in 4 min's, so i had to only walk today. but I did do 25 min.'s uphill and completeed 50 min. total. it is still early so I am thinking about going out a bit later and doing some more. after the little one goes to nap and the teen gets home from school I might have some time. My hubby works an evening shift so that leaves us girls here to fend for ourselves. it really helps with the eating.
    well, I'll check in later to see how you all did today. good luck girls.

Thanks!!! :smile:
    I know what you mean about being too sore to wog! I started the 30 Day Shred last Monday and my legs were killing me! But even when you just walk instead of wog, that's still great exercise!!! Especially when you add some hills!
    Good luck with your wogging this week!!! :flowerforyou:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey Woggers!

I have something for you guys to think about (I thought this all by myself . . . )

My TV is very old, and the sound reception isn't great. You hear this crackling sound, and it just drives me crazy. Well today, while my favorite show was on, the crackling got so loud, you couldn't understand anything the people were saying. I was begging to accept the regular habits of the TV, in exchange for me actually following the story. So, finally, it stops crackling enough that I can hear again. And I think to myself, that actually isn't so bad.

Now you're wondering what my point in telling you this is. Day to day we obsess over little things. What we don't realize is that things can be much, much worse. Once you experience something horrible, then go back to your normal life, you realize that you're actually lucky.

Just thought that would be a nice thing to share.:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    wow! that's awesome! I hope I see some results! I'm on my 3rd day :smile: I can't wait to melt those inches away!!! :happy:
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody: Its been a few days since I last logged in. Went on a mini vacation to Laughlin. It was very relaxing. I was able to put away my sadness and enjoy spending time with other family. Got a nice tan!!!! Anyways, since it had been a few days since I last wogged, I started slow this morning. I walked three miles. No wogging, I'm gonna have to ease back into the wogging. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be back to wogging.
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Well, today I did my first "official" day of C25K. I did ok, but had to walk through one of the running sessions. I think the problem is that I actually wogged Fri, Sat., Sun. and today. I probably should have taken yesterday off, but I was just really compelled to go! So tomorrow I will take it easy so that I can do the full program on Wednesday.

Oh, and the iPhone app I downloaded worked pretty well! It was nice to be able to listen to my own playlist and just have it interject with when to walk and when to run.

Vanessa
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Abuelita60 - hope you enjoyed your mini-vaca! Welcome back!

vanessa915 - yeah, you should probably not Wog every day. It's good to rest in between, or else you may overwork yourself.

PinkShoes - good to see you again!

And to everyone else - keep pushing yourselves . . . you're doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Glad to see everyone back :smile: Keep up the good work :happy:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    my day ended up to be pretty good. the wogging was rough, but I was able to do about 10 run,40min walk. the first session. then about 2hrs later I was back out there for another 48 min.s this time with a 15 min run and a 33min. walk. I was so not into it today so I really don't know where this came from, but I wish I could do it everyday. But, tomorrow I am hoping to maybe have a repeat of today. we'll, see.....I really need to get some of this weight off and get myself to the place I'd like to be.
    But, with all that said and all my lofty goals,, I think PMS is on its way, I should be a real princess by this weekend. :huh: :ohwell:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey Kimss :smile: you did a great job at exercising! I wish I could run for 10-15 mins lol I really need to get on that...I think I can run 5 mins before falling over and dieing haha.

oh by the way, is your HRM acting any better? I saw you posted on the one HRM thread last night. Mine does the same exact thing yours does. Did you find out anything on how to fix it?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well, today I did my first "official" day of C25K. I did ok, but had to walk through one of the running sessions. I think the problem is that I actually wogged Fri, Sat., Sun. and today. I probably should have taken yesterday off, but I was just really compelled to go! So tomorrow I will take it easy so that I can do the full program on Wednesday.

Oh, and the iPhone app I downloaded worked pretty well! It was nice to be able to listen to my own playlist and just have it interject with when to walk and when to run.

Vanessa

You will build very quickly. The program is amazing - I finished week 6 day 2 yesterday....I started the program on 5/6 and when I look back and realize that on 5/6, the 60 seconds was TOUGH and on 6/1 I jogged 2 miles - I feel like I can do anything! If you need to repeat week one or one of the workouts - go ahead and do it.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Okay, y'all! I wogged 2 miles yesterday! WOOO HOOO! Yesterday was my first day back at work in two months and I got to walk again with my "team." It was sssoooo goood! I'm back!!!!
  • kimss
    Options
    Hey Kimss :smile: you did a great job at exercising! I wish I could run for 10-15 mins lol I really need to get on that...I think I can run 5 mins before falling over and dieing haha.

oh by the way, is your HRM acting any better? I saw you posted on the one HRM thread last night. Mine does the same exact thing yours does. Did you find out anything on how to fix it?

:smile: you just have to add another min. each week. if you can run 5min. do that as often asyou can for a week or two, then add another min. for a week or two, and so on and so on....eventually you will work your time up there. I started in March. I have never been a runner "nor did I want to" I was a smoker for 28yrs and I never thought that I would be able to run more than from my front door to the car on a rainy day. so If I can do it, you can too.
    ON my HRM....I figure it's a piece of s*%T:grumble: . it works fine for walking but as soon as I start to run, it goes crazy, one min. I'm having a heartattack at 256, the next I'm dead at 0, and that is all i get when I run. I wear it as tight as it gets, under a sports bra tht is so tight i feel like i'm in a straight jacket, and I even changed all the batteries,"even though they were brand new" So I give up. I will only use it to walk and I will just use the site estimates and my treadmil to find a happy medium.
    I'm thinking of selling it ......hahaha.... but I feel guilty giving my problem to someone else, so I guess I'm stuck with it.:ohwell:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    where did you buy your HRM at? and how much did you pay for it?
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    YAY ME! Was able to wog 2 miles again today! I'm trying to get everyone to go a mile more. Wish me luck tomorrow!
    :tongue: :drinker:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    awesome job! keep it up! :happy:
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    Just got back from wogging! It felt great! Maybe that week off was a good thing - I'd been having pain behind my left knee - it felt like maybe I'd pulled a muscle. But today that pain was gone!!! I was using a knee bandage thing but didn't need it today! Woo-Hoo! Maybe I just needed a brief rest from wogging.
    Only wogged for 30 minutes today. But I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred tonight too!

Happy Wogging Everyone!!! :happy:

133914.png
  • PinkShoes
    Options
    YAY ME! Was able to wog 2 miles again today! I'm trying to get everyone to go a mile more. Wish me luck tomorrow!
    :tongue: :drinker:

That's so awesome!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
    Good luck tomorrow! You can do it!!!

133914.png
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Wogged for 3.5 miles today. I just wasn't into it tho. I think half of it was bc I normally workout in the morningand wasn't used to working out in the evening...and bc I'm frustrated with my HRM...I wish it wouldn't be stupid...ugh...

Doing the 30 day shred later on. Hopefully my HRM isn't a pain in the *kitten*.
  • kimss
    Options
    Wogged for 3.5 miles today. I just wasn't into it tho. I think half of it was bc I normally workout in the morningand wasn't used to working out in the evening...and bc I'm frustrated with my HRM...I wish it wouldn't be stupid...ugh...

Doing the 30 day shred later on. Hopefully my HRM isn't a pain in the *kitten*.

i got my HRM new at amazon.com paid 30$ for it. I've given up on it working for running and will just use it for walking. :grumble: :angry:
    I walked 75 min. today. mostly uphill no running. I was talking on the phone the whole time so I couldn't run. My friend just sent her only son off to college this weekend and she sure is sad. :cry: :cry: So I was at least glad I got in some part of a workout even if it wasn't as intense as I had hoped. instead of taking tomorrow off, I may try to run then.
    I hope you all had a good day today.
    good job pink and ahmee.... you go girls..... your doing great.:wink:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yea I got mine off buy.com and it was 29.99...I did my 30 day shred yesterday and I thought it was going to go all nuts...but it actually wasn't that bad. Whenever it would go to zero (which it did just a few times) I would just push down on my chest strap and it would be fine. *shrugs shoulders*
    I'm just happy I'm losing weight now. I was completely off with my cals and wasn't losing weight before I got my HRM. So at least it's somewhat accurate :smile:
    Hope everyone has a great day!