Does anyone else struggle to feel sexy?

Options

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't even try right now. I was self conscious beyond belief even when I was skinny. All my imperfections were all I could think about. I wouldn't even consider dating right now, hot men could throw themselves at my feet, and I'd run away. Although I admit I'd run away with a slightly less bruised ego!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I think all women need to take a belly dancing class.
    a. The most popular belly dancers do not have 6 packs
    b. you'll learn some fun new moves
    c. everyone will be looking forward to seeing these new moves ;)
    d. its a good workout too, you'll feel much sexier as you learn some new hip moves (watch out Shakira!)
  • khedl85
    khedl85 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I feel this way whenever I'm about to be intimate with my fiancé. The extra weight I've got really carries a burden in the back of my mind.

Totally feel that way too.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've got a partner that rarely says anything about me. In the gym and in the street I get stopped and chat about muscle, but it means nothing when the person you love rarely comments on you without being prompted. Makes me feel unattractive and ugly.
  • jadedone
    Options
    I recommend anyone who wants to feel accepted and sexy in their body join a burlesque class.

Or a belly dancing one!

We were totally on the same page!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I recommend anyone who wants to feel accepted and sexy in their body join a burlesque class.

Or a belly dancing one!

I'd feel a complete idiot doing that, being a bloke LOL :laugh:
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    hell no why dont you know Thor is the god of sexy!
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My Partner is going through this at the moment & although you might not want "guy input" here it comes. I Love her, do I wish she was healthier, YES, do I still wish to touch & make love to her OH BOY YES. I luv making out, touching & well you get the idea, I have a pretty high sex drive & she used to match if not exceed this. But a number of things have contributed to her lack of drive BUT it is the extra pounds that really concern her.

MY POINT - ladies your man loves you(unless he is a user, negative pig/you'll know the difference) & he STILL fancies you, yes a little bit because he is wired to get erect at a tree falling down BUT SERIOUSLY, he took care of himself before & during(when you're at work/asleep/cooking, etc) So if that is what he wanted he would leave you alone.

BUT HE WANTS YOU :)

Russ

You rock! And she's a lucky lady :wink: Thanks for posting!

Sláinte
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options

Or a belly dancing one!

I used to teach belly dance at the college when I first moved to the US. There was always at least one guy in each class. Matt you would be welcome to attend any of those classes and would probably have a blast too :flowerforyou:
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am 26 and single& do not feel at all sexy i look in the mirror& do not see anything attractive looking back. If approached in bars i just dont know what to do
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I've got a partner that rarely says anything about me. In the gym and in the street I get stopped and chat about muscle, but it means nothing when the person you love rarely comments on you without being prompted. Makes me feel unattractive and ugly.

on the same boat as you...

she gets flattered by strangers on the street but doesnt care if i comment her...

for me its the other way around... compliments from people close to me mean million times more than some stranger on the street..
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes I do.
  • ANNABELLEMoorsey
    Options
    It's true. To feel sexy you have to believe that YOU ARE sexy. Regardless of what anyone else thinks or what society says, condition your mind and really start telling yourself day in and out that your'e sexy. Don't rely on anyone else to say it to you cos just like a person can make you feel good they can make you feel **** to. Confidence is key!
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    nope!! i feel hot!! and sexy when i go out!! if anyone doesnt agree, then they can kiss my round *kitten*! me losing weight is my choice. not societies. :bigsmile:
  • TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Stop fishing for compliments lol. You know you are sexy!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    My sister is in a similar situation. When she was almost 400lbs she would wear her hoochie clothes and didn't care. She felt beautiful and sexy. She had lap band surgery done a few years ago, lost a ton of weight, but she struggles with self esteem now. Weird how that works.
  • jadedone
    Options

Or a belly dancing one!

I have seen a few men in the belly dancing classes. :P
    You'd make some new friends for sure. Good odds if you are straight. ;)
  • jadedone
    Options
    nope!! i feel hot!! and sexy when i go out!! if anyone doesnt agree, then they can kiss my round *kitten*! me losing weight is my choice. not societies. :bigsmile:
    +100

:)
  • CharityPearce
    Options
    My Partner is going through this at the moment & although you might not want "guy input" here it comes. I Love her, do I wish she was healthier, YES, do I still wish to touch & make love to her OH BOY YES. I luv making out, touching & well you get the idea, I have a pretty high sex drive & she used to match if not exceed this. But a number of things have contributed to her lack of drive BUT it is the extra pounds that really concern her.

MY POINT - ladies your man loves you(unless he is a user, negative pig/you'll know the difference) & he STILL fancies you, yes a little bit because he is wired to get erect at a tree falling down BUT SERIOUSLY, he took care of himself before & during(when you're at work/asleep/cooking, etc) So if that is what he wanted he would leave you alone.

BUT HE WANTS YOU :)

Russ

Awww...this is sooo sweet! You're awesome, and your Partner is super lucky!