Words that Should be Banned for 2012

Options
167891012»

Replies

• januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at how many people use the word "loose" instead of "lose". My pet hate! :happy:
    This annoys the crap out of me too!!!:grumble: :laugh:
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    This is so unfortunate that PEOPLE don't REALIZE which Message Board they are on. This is the Fun/games/chit-chat board. This Banned 2012 was inspired by Yearly words that have been overused throughout the Year on Fox News. I made suggestions as well for words that I used in 2011 and used this a recent as this a.m. SexyCook has the most humbled personality that you could ever find. She has loads of friends and they all including me just adore the Heck out of her! To those who got offended from this Topic and decided to just Single her out from the many who participated from the board; SHAME ON YOU! I guess when things are too obvious for people, THE DUMBER THEY GET. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So get your Panties out of that Bunch and Stop being Party Poopers.

I couldn't have said it better myself! !
  • jfox625
    Options
    I appreciate any encouragement I get and that someone took the time to comment.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I really don't have a specific word I would like banned but I would like to see things that IMO are not intentional exercise and/ or activities banned for our own sakes really and especially if we are not doing any other exercise. DISCLAIMER: And before people go getting bent out shape it is my opionion and I am entitled to my opionion and if you don't agree, lets agreee to disagree. :glasses: :tongue: :happy:

Shoveling snow, walking the dog, washing the car, heavy cleaning and/or moving are all good to me for intentioal activity and getting an actual calorie burn, BUT.

But light moderate cleaning, doing hair and cooking perparations are all questionable to me and I personally choose not to use them because these are things I have to do and not a real workout. I have used light cleaning but only when I have on my HRM otherwise it is just work that I am going to do that day and not exercise. Personally I would banned the ones I stated as questionable.:wink:

DISCLAIMER: And before people go getting bent out shape it is my opionion and I am entitled to my opionion and if you don't agree, lets agreee to disagree. :glasses: :tongue: :happy:

No need for disclaimers! I love this posting:wink::wink:
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Damn, D!! tell us how you really feel, why don'tcha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    On a fitness site I don't wanna hear about a woman's period and every month u gain weight bc of time.. and they say the **** every month.. Shut the **** up!! This **** isn't an all female site.. Us men don't wanna hear or care about tom.. and I hate people logging 5min walks.. foolish.. lol
  • pjholcomb
    pjholcomb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So right ... be thankful for people's acknowledgement of your effort. Y'all can acronym and repetitively word comments to me as much as you want. :flowerforyou:
  • debtfre12
    debtfre12 Posts: 203
    Options
    What does HCG mean?
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    who cares what people are saying to your accomplishments- at least they are acknowledging them. They could say nothing.

^^Totally agree!!

Would you guys like some cheese??? :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    What does HCG mean?

I think they may be referring to the HCG diet.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    TOM
    what would you prefer to TOM?? just wondering cuz we use that to be polite instead of saying...bleeding, period, blood, raggin it, aunt flow, ...etc...lmao so what would be better??

Period or menstruation works for me.

UUUM Wow that's funny ^^^^!!!

I am guilty of GM (just b/c it's fast and I got work to do) & LOL (my sister's fault!) & Hubby. I'm not particularly fond of preggers - ugh!
  • davidc_81
    Options
    EPIC...it is like nails on a chalk board to me.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    "Really???" (said in a b*tchy, snarky tone when someone does something that irritates)- also see: seriously.

"No offense, but...." Why do people say that and then almost invariably say something patently offensive? Is it like giving yourself a free pass to be a turd?

"Just sayin'...." is along the same lines. It's filler speech; what people say when they can't think of something useful or relevant to add to the conversation but they're not quite ready to quit talking yet.

I could go on and on.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    crap, double post.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    1. Bump...
    2. Winning
    3. LOOSE (it is LOSE ppl!) lol