30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• vls324
    vls324 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just bought mine today after reading all the posts from everyone about how great it is! Starting tonight after I take some measurements :) Can't wait to lose some inches in my arms and mid-section. Thanks for all the inspiring posts and Good luck to everyone!
  • vls324
    vls324 Posts: 5
    Options
    Just bought mine today after reading all the posts from everyone about how great it is! Starting tonight after I take some measurements :) Can't wait to lose some inches in my arms and mid-section. Thanks for all the inspiring posts and good luck to everyone!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just bought mine today after reading all the posts from everyone about how great it is! Starting tonight after I take some measurements :) Can't wait to lose some inches in my arms and mid-section. Thanks for all the inspiring posts and good luck to everyone!

I know, right? I've read so many rewievs and saw the before and after pictures that it just makes me wanna do the 30 day shred right this moment. I am waiting for Monday to start.

Good luck and do tell us about your progress. There's never too much motivation :)
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I finished day 2 last night and I'm still loving it! My posture feels much better even after only 2 days :D

I haven't taken before pictures or measurements. After reading some of the above comments I feel like I really should
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking measurements. That way you will have encouragement when you don't think there is much difference. The tape will tell. Measure your upper arm and thigh as well as the standard measurements.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 23, so today will be day 5 level 1 for me. You can add me if you'd like. We wouldn't be that far apart on days!
  • heather_renee
    heather_renee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've have looking into this too!!! I am going out this weekend to get it and I will be starting on Monday.. can't wait.. I'm so pumped.. Best of Luck to you ALL !!!!
  • StephJ0nes
    Options
    Can anyone tell me what equipment it requires and how much space ... If I have the space to do it count me in! I have heard good things from other people too!

The dvd says it requires some weights and a mat. I don't have any weights but I did some experimenting and found that a 16.9 oz bottle of water weights about 1.1 pounds! If you are new to working out these work out perfect because at the end of the workout those little water bottles feel like 10!!!

I just use a towel as a mat.

And the space required I have found is that you require to do jumping jacks.
  • w3lchi
    w3lchi Posts: 16
    Options
    I did the shred in November and finished on 12/27. Loved it. I'll try to paste the link below to my posted results.

Feel free to add me if you would like. We're all in this with the same goal....fit and healthy future.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/428296-30-day-shred-results?error_user_id=11973017&error_username=brushe
    amazing results!!! :D
  • mommoms1
    Options
    On day 11...have done mainly level one, tried level 2 a couple of times and last night tried level 3! I AM NOT ready for level 3!! Been keeping calories at 1200 per day and doing the shred since Monday and have lost 6 pounds:) Trying to stay motivated and not give in to all of the food I REALLY want to eat!!
  • ADthatsme
    ADthatsme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So I am a little late, but I will start on Monday. I am currently doing TurboFire ( a Beachbody workout) BUT I would love to start on two-a-days and I think t he 30 day shred would be a nice change of pace.

I was also wondering if anybody could recommend a good monitor that will also tell me my calories burned? I use the presets that are given but would like a more accurate account
  • pinkstarr
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 4. I've done it before but have never made it past Level 2 because I spent more time at the gym taking kickboxing. I plan to commit fully to it this time because I no longer have a gym membership. It's definitely an intense work out. I hope to see some results.

Anyone, please feel free to add me!!
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump ( read after work :) )
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 4...wowza..feels good to have gotten this far!!

Im going to run into a problem the next few weeks. I live in an old apartment building on the 2nd floor. I can hear everything from my neighbors including the girl that lives above me walking everywhere. My floors are SO loud!!!!! just walking not to mention doing jumping jacks. I have been doing the shred while the guy that lives below me isnt home since i've only been working half days....but soon enough I'll be getting home and he will be already back. I dont want to be annoying...............what to do...

Anyway hope everyone is keeping at it!!
  • VictoriaSnape
    VictoriaSnape Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Im going to run into a problem the next few weeks. I live in an old apartment building on the 2nd floor. I can hear everything from my neighbors including the girl that lives above me walking everywhere. My floors are SO loud!!!!! just walking not to mention doing jumping jacks. I have been doing the shred while the guy that lives below me isnt home since i've only been working half days....but soon enough I'll be getting home and he will be already back. I dont want to be annoying...............what to do...

It's only 30 minutes a day and that isn't too bad... unless he starts complaining i think you have the right to be a bit 'selfish' and do whatever you want to, specially something like exercising.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Well, the jumping isn't 25-minutes constantly. It is briefly at warmup, and then 2 minutes of cardio, 3 times during the workout. And some of the cardio is not jumping. So 6 minutes of jumping in Level 1.
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    My neighbor has the DVD and I'm going to start tomorrow. I've heard it's a butt kicker!

Glad you posted, I look forward to reading them for a little advice and incentive.
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Maybe u can go explain it to him and he will understand. Then u don't have to worry or feel guilty that u r disturbing your neighbors. I'm in the same boat as you, except, thankfully, my floors don't squeak much.
  • karrowr
    karrowr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to mfp but love it!!! I start this Dvd on Jan. 5 & did level 1 til Jan. 22. It was really out of shape so I took my time. I also was keeping track of my eating too. On Jan.23 I did level 1&2 to increase calories burned and have been doing both levels everyday this week. Since starting all of this ii have lost 9 lbs, 2 inches off my waist & 1/2 inch off my arms. I am really happy with my progress and this Dvd has helped so much with it. It is tough, but I feel so energized and great about myself after I get done, despite all my aches & pains!!
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I day two yesterday( missed day two on Wednesday due to knee bothering me)
    Going to start day 3 later today. I am SORE!!!
    Still trying to compelete jumping jacks and pushups without taking a 5 second break..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!