It is not good idea to count calories in vegetables!!

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are just like any other food, they contain calories & sometimes quite a few!
    Vegans eat mostly just veggies & not all of them are skinny, so to say that veggies don't put weight on you, is ridiculous!

Just because the food is natural & nutritious doesn't mean you can dis-guard it calorie wise.
    The reason you're still loosing weight is probably because you're under your calorie goal/ exercising already & you're not eating enough veggies to go over your limit whilst you don't count them.
    I would suggest you start counting them before we see you back here in a few weeks complaining that you're eating your goal cals & not losing weight & you don't know why.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm lazy at recording lettuce but everything else gets logged but I don't break into a sweat if I underestimate a salad (and I'm not talking about dressing/sauce etc). : )
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It's a fantastic idea to count all of your calories..it just may be "too much work" for some ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    rule of thumb.. "in your mouth .. on your log "
    I'm too perverted to take this how you meant it.
    Aaaaand...now the thread is done. It's just done. Nothing more to see.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

I'm too perverted to take this how you meant it.

me too .....
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    calories are calories are calories

^^^ She kinda nailed this one.

~Calories in vs Calories out. Logic ~

Also, if you don't input your vegetables, how are you watching your nutrients? Anyway- to each their own.
  • laurendanielle84
    laurendanielle84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can get FAT from eating ANYTHING in excess.
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are "good calories" and should count. But, if I was to go over my daily count do to one of the two...I would be A O K with it. :smile:
  • sandeev
    sandeev Posts: 44
    Options
    some veggies do add calories. ie: potatoes, yams, some squashes, etc. If I snack on carrots or celery I don't worry too much about those. I congradulate you on your wt loss without counting your veggies. You must be doing something right with the other food you're eating. Keep on keepin' on
  • luvwindycity
    luvwindycity Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Totally agree!!

You also have to remember that some vegetables such as corn/carrots can be high in carbs and that adds weight. And if you are diabetic like I am I count every carb that goes into my mouth.
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options

^ bwahahaha^ ( But I agree in the context of which it may or may not have been intended)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Trust me the 110 calories in a medium baked potato still show up on your hips.
  • HeidiLynnM
    Options
    A bannana is 102 calories!!! :=( I keep track.......
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    so does that mean I can eat all the potatos I want and still lose weight? yay!!!!!! *throws french fries in air like confetti*

potatos ARE a vegetable...

Really potatoes are a starch...you count it as a carb!
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    BTW...elephants eat only fruit and veg...have you ever seen a skinny one?

I eat mostly only fruits and veggies. Have you seen me?
  • judgejava
    Options
    first of all weight and fat are not equal.

You can gain weight but not get fat, you can gain fat but still lose weight.

calories are calories no matter what it comes from.

However one of the good things about some veggie calories is they are are negative calories, in that it takes more calories burned to digest them than the caloric value in the first place.

Cheers
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options

&

Trust me the 110 calories in a medium baked potato still show up on your hips.

hips and mouth.. i agree this thread is done..
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It's a fantastic idea to count all of your calories..it just may be "too much work" for some ;)

I hope their expectations are low then.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    A bannana is 102 calories!!! :=( I keep track.......
    another good example of a veg...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I was nearly convinced by your compelling argument, but alas, I will continue to count vegetables.