It is not good idea to count calories in vegetables!!

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thank you to Google and Wikipedia for allowing us all to run to you, search for the "answer" and post it here so we look smart!
    :happy:
    conspiracy-keanu-meme-generator-what-if-cats-and-dogs-are-really-smart-and-they-re-just-acting-dumb-to-freeload-off-humans-731f5c.jpg
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/not-all-calories-are-created-equal.html

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/articles/nutrition/a-calorie-is-not-a-calorie.aspx

The "a calorie is a calorie is a calorie" argument isn't quite right, I think. Every body is different, but if the lady doesn't count her veg cals and still loses weight, and if you're not her, I don't see how we/you can say she's wrong.

Because she didn't say, "This works for me." She said, "It is not a good idea to count calories in vegetables." She made an absolute statement directed at the general population. That's why we can say she's wrong.
  • fmvillatoro
    Options
    calories are calories are calories
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    carrots and lettuce and peppers might not have alot of calories, but starchy veggies sure do. Beans and potatos and corn are loaded with calories. I count them all.

Corn has a lot of sugar AND starch...vegetable...harldy ever eat this....
    don't forget Hominy!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If it passes my lips it's on my list.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Just keep in mind that canned veggies have lots of sodium and some canned fruit has sugar syrup. You probably already new this just wanted to add that. Because some people should limit sodium and sugar and thats why i count all calories
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't you want to know your vitiman/protein/fiber/sugar/iron/etc intake? I log everything....

I adore MFP because, for me, it's more than just calories, fat, or carbs. It's about examining everything I eat and learning more about nutrition as well as how to create a better lifestyle for myself.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Have to agree with the majority on this one. You should log EVERYTHING.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    Don't you want to know your vitiman/protein/fiber/sugar/iron/etc intake? I log everything....

I adore MFP because, for me, it's more than just calories, fat, or carbs. It's about examining everything I eat and learning more about nutrition as well as how to create a better lifestyle for myself.

WELL SAID!!!
  • tnacey
    tnacey Posts: 4
    Options
    The whole point of counting calories for everything you eat is to become more conscious of what you put in your body, the quality and quantity of what you eat, as well as the discipline it takes to make healthier choices for a healthier body.
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am a vegetarian and often get told, "I didn't know there were fat vegetarians".

[/quote]

Well that's F'ing rude!
    I like your pic!
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you bite it....write it.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    And here is the reason this is at the bottom of the page lol
    * Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • Shawna_831
    Options

This could go so wrong.... :wink:
  • Shawna_831
    Options

This could go so wrong.... :wink:

Yep....it has gone
  • Shawna_831
    Options
    And here is the reason this is at the bottom of the page lol
    * Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.

A FREAKING MEN!
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Is this really happening right now?
  • tightnup
    tightnup Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    this couldnt BE more incorrect.

if i ate my OVER my calories from cabbage, and you ate LESS cals from Mc'Donalds - you would lose weight and i would NOT.

IN vs OUT.

when you start getting into nutritional value (thats when it matters WHAT exactly you are eating) -
    ...but on the surface, which is what your comment was- calories are calories. cabbage or cheeseburger.

yes, i can eat more volume in cabbage than you can in a cheeseburger- but cals are what matter.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I consider veggies free calories. I never counted them and hit my goal weight without any issues.

Thank you!!!!
  • xoxcuppiexox
    xoxcuppiexox Posts: 15 Member
    Options