McDonalds Anyone?

Options
Okay seriously, i know it's bad for you, but i still have one every week!
Well, actually to be honest yesterday I had A sweet chilli sandwich (no mayo), a large fries and large diet coke? and it was 900 Calories, and it DIDN'T make me go over the recommended daily amount.

6 chicken nuggets, 250 calories and same for hamburger? Not bad really. But i guess i don't like Big Macs and things like that.

Gahh at the end of the day, i know it's bad and you can't really argue against it.

Anyone else still go there quite regular? lol

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do. The Egg McMuffin is only 300 calories. The hamburgers are 250. The grilled chicken sandwiches also aren't bad.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I don't go once a week anymore but I do LOVE McDonalds. It's always been my favorite. Since joining MFP I have changed my standard meal there from a two cheeseburger and large fry to a hamburger and small fry (only 480 calories) but I won't give it up completely.
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i gave it up totally :( I didnt want to but if I go I know I will not order a hamburger and be happy my FI and I used to each get our own meals I would get big mac meal with medium fries, large sweet tea and then we would spilt a 10 piece nugget uuuggghhh
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Im not a regular but I love it! :D
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Since I started my healthy lifestyle, I've been there on occasion for the wraps or Chicken Legend, but generally if I'm going to be enjoying the delicious taste of McDonalds I want it to be for breakfast...their sausage, egg and cheese bagels are just unbeatable. This means I barely ever end up going...it's hard to get me up and ready in time for a McDs breakfast at the weekend!
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    Read the part of this article that describes the ingredients of nuggets. You will lose your urge...I did

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/chicken-nuggets-how-bad-are-they
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Although youre staying under calories, fast food is soo unhealthy in so many ways. Packed with "bad carbs", is processed and Full of fats and preservatives. Very high in sodium which makes you retain water and leads to weight gain. If you fill your diet it with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and protein you'll feel so much better physically. For me, if i eat fast food I feel sluggish and like total crap. Once in a i think its ok to splurge, its normal, but i don't think eating fast food should be made into a habit :p
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Although youre staying under calories, fast food is soo unhealthy in so many ways. Packed with "bad carbs", is processed and Full of fats and preservatives. Very high in sodium which makes you retain water and leads to weight gain. If you fill your diet it with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and protein you'll feel so much better physically. For me, if i eat fast food I feel sluggish and like total crap. Once in a i think its ok to splurge, its normal, but i don't think eating fast food should be made into a habit :p

I quite agree! Well said.
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    hard to justify McDonalds....no doubt it is horrible for you, but it can be used in moderation as a splurge, but probably should not be more than once every couple weeks. Their low fat ice cream cones are actually only 150 calories, and much lower carbs than most other types of ice cream. I do get these when I am really craving a dessert because it is way better than other options. Egg McMuffins without meat are also not so bad. I focus more on the ingredients than just the calories and these two are some of teh best they have
  • healthyfitandskinny
    Options
    I try to avoid McDonald's as much as possible. If I don't have any other choice, I take a salad or a grilled chicken wrap.
  • ashleyELrose
    Options
    I work at McDonalds and it can become VERY tempting not to touch some of the product and those tastey little McSnack Bites but I think that as with any diet you have to watch what you eat and do it in moderation. I do not think that even on a diet we should deprive ourselves of our "cheat" foods but at the same time just make sure that you are staying on your goals and don't over do the McDonalds foods.

Good luck :)
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This is easy for me being a vegetarian, I do crave their salty french fries from time to time though!
  • Claible
    Claible Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We eat out at McDonald's rarely now but I now choose a salad and their apples or the fruit and yogurt parfait. I will steal one of my kids fry's because "they smell sooooo good." but want to gag every time I do. I just can't handle fast food anymore.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I love egg McMuffins! Just as healthful (not "healthy"!!!) as if I made them at home, for all the processed-food Nazi's out there!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Once a week? Not a big deal, as far as I'm concerned. I allow myself one day each week where I allow myself the good, greasy fast food I've always loved and have no regrets about it. Enjoy your once-a-week treat and just keep on plugging away.
  • tbresina
    Options
    Read the part of this article that describes the ingredients of nuggets. You will lose your urge...I did

• ashleyELrose
    Options
    OMG I work here and I stay away from those. McNuggetts are not all they appear to be. A lot of the fast foods that we indulge are not what they seem which is why I try to stick to home made and fresh ingredients.
  • tbresina
    Options

Yep, another reason to be a vegetarian!
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options

Yep, I saw how nuggets were made and I will never eat them again! Nor will I buy them for my kids. I was never a huge fan of chicken nuggets anyway, Big macs were my weakness! Have not had one in...oh....10 months at least! But I have had a mac snack wrap twice, they are a nice substitute.
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options

I quite agree! Well said.

I also so agree, maybe not once a week, but I am sure once a month for your "spike" meal is not going to hurt, you can let your self indulge but don't over do it.