Never eating Mickey D's again...

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    To each his/her own. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I pulled through McDonald's for anything other than a Diet Coke. But ..........

When it's time to enjoy McDonald's, Burger King, DQ, KFC, Wendy's or any other restaurant I admit, I enjoy it.

So frequent flier or not, do what works for you.

This is how I feel... I say this site is about 50/50 about what type of calories you eat... Many are for clean eating or not eating processed food when others, like me, are more like "it doesn't matter where you get your calories, just that you get more than 1200 and less than your BMR." To each his own.
  • lawmama_
    lawmama_ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/mcdonald-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-six-months.html check that out for a pic of a happy meal that spent 180 days sitting out and it is not moldy!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have not eaten at McDcdonalds or any fast food Chain in over 5 years!
    I consider fast food anywhere there is a drive thru, anywhere you do not have a waiter or waitress, restaurant food is almost as bad but you can carefully plan out options like plain spinanch with vinegar, unseasoned lean meats, and grilled or steamed veggies.
    Oh, THANK YOU!
    That sounds as good as tofu and bean sprouts....
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I like mine with BBQ sauce
  • Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I don't hate Jamie Oliver or what they did to school dinners-in fct, I love the fact that I know my children can go to school and have a healthy meal on days when I am working late so I am assured they have had a hot meal for the day.

Personally, one of the reasons why I am limiting my own (and 2 childrens' ) fast food intake is because it is laden with sodium, sugar and fat. Once and a while is ok-everything in moderation!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Ohh yummm!! My favorite! :P Buttt, its fast food...what were you expecting?
    I think it would be much more compassionate for them to sing lullabies to the chickens before wringing their necks.
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I don't hate Jamie Oliver or what they did to school dinners-in fct, I love the fact that I know my children can go to school and have a healthy meal on days when I am working late so I am assured they have had a hot meal for the day.

Personally, one of the reasons why I am limiting my own (and 2 childrens' ) fast food intake is because it is laden with sodium, sugar and fat. Once and a while is ok-everything in moderation!

I'm really glad you don't hate him! I'm American but I'm a bit of an anglophile and I never understood the hate! Is it because he's from Essex? lol
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Also, I really do appreciate those who are turned off by fast food and never ever going again .........

makes my wait in the drive through shorter. Thanks.

All the Fast Food haters be walking by & we'll be like tumblr_lyiu8ujnsC1r8md3yo1_500.gif

Hahahaha!!! Best. Post. Ever.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That picture is years old.
    NEXT!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Since finding this out a few years ago, never again will I eat or allow my children to eat this cr*p, in fact the only chicken we will eat now has to be free range/organic.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

My generation *hate* him with a passion. He took away the turkey twizzlers, sausages, things we enjoyed & left us with Salad & mashed potato!
    But I think you'll find schools have started putting the old stuff back on the menu to save parents delivering take-out to the kids over the school fence.
  • uberrach
    uberrach Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    What are you talkin' about? That looks delicious and so CONVENIENT! lol (;
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

All the Fast Food haters be walking by & we'll be like tumblr_lyiu8ujnsC1r8md3yo1_500.gif

Awesome. I think I'm going to stop and get a burger today.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Oh Jamie Oliver? I hate that guy, he ruined school dinners over here in UK, *everyone* in the UK hates him haha.

are you freakin serious?

Jamie Oliver TRIED to make school meals how they used to be and never should have moved from, home cooked and healthy.

i love Jamie Oliver and think he needs a knighthood. the man is a genius.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

My generation *hate* him with a passion. He took away the turkey twizzlers, sausages, things we enjoyed & left us with Salad & mashed potato!
    But I think you'll find schools have started putting the old stuff back on the menu to save parents delivering take-out to the kids over the school fence.

im not a food nazi, but SERIOSULY? are you reading your own posts?
  • caramia311
    caramia311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That picture is so gross! Glad I don't eat there except some fries once or twice a year. I just made some chicken nuggets from skinnytaste.com So delicious and no pink goo was harmed in the making of lunch!
  • gammybear
    Options
    I seen how they make them on Jamie Olivers Food Revolution and now I only eat the ones that I make at home. Gross. Everytime I ask people if they know what they're eating they tell me to shut up- hey they want to eat bones, etc...... that their bussiness
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

im not a food nazi, but SERIOSULY? are you reading your own posts?

Not only am I "reading" them but I'm typing them too, huh who would'a guessed?!
    I'm 18 & most kids my age hate Jamie Oliver for making school dinners healthy because we liked the food we had.
    I miss turkey twizzlers OKAY!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    every time junk crap food posts go up there a few really really cool people that will be awesome rebels who will tell you they eat it and are proud of eating it. WOW!

all it really means if they truly eat this processed garbage is they arent really serious about their health. thats ok...thats fine..its your choice...but it dont make you a rebel or a cool dude.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much ignorance and fear mongering in this thread. Either eat fast food or don't, but you don't have to resort to ridiculously false stories with zero basis of fact to make a point that it's unhealthy.
This discussion has been closed.