Never eating Mickey D's again...

Options
1234568»

Replies

• sarahness
    sarahness Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i do not eat chicken or burgers from fast food places. but i am a sucker for the french fries :(
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    My kids have never had anything from McDs except the apples and maybe a smoothie.

I like their coffee.

We don't do fast food.
    They do smoothies?? The apples here in the UK always taste like washing up liquid

precut fruit always tastes weird i think? watery and weird.
    I agree always feel so lazy eating an Apple that's been pre cut lol. I mean how long does it really take to do it yourself.

boots fruit is just as bad!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Just gonna throw this out there. Not ALL fast food is mechanically separated chicken. I work at Chick Fil A and I can vouch for the fact we use actual chicken breasts.

I LOVE Chick Fil A, good stuff and actual chicken breasts like you said. I'll eat there every once in awhile and it tastes great too. That and subway ar the only type of fast foods I eat.
    I wish Chik-Fil-A was close to me.:sad:
    I have to drive an hour to eat there.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    bump. (I want to show my husband this.)
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Also that "healthy home cooked food" Cottage pie, mash potato, beans, stew/ whatever, full of BUTTER, SALT & OFFCUTS!

Not in MY house!

ditto! or my mothers...!

Yeah 'cos as a young child I bet you really knew alot about food other than "eating alot makes you fat".

Errrr, am I being 'dissed'? If so, why?

God, I should "dis" you for using the word "dissed" but I wont.
    No that comment was not aimed at you, do you not understand that the quote above my reply is what I was replying to?

Well excuse me for wondering which of the four comments you quoted was the one that you were most peeved at.
    You will note that I used the word 'dissed' in single quotation marks, thereby inferring that I was either joking, being ironic or sarcastic. In this case it was the former. By telling me that you ought to 'dis' me for using the word 'dissed', you were, in effect, 'dissing' me. There really was no need, I only asked a simple question.

It's obvious who I was replying to! If I was replying to you, I would have replied under your quote, that's how it works!

Not everybody uses strict rules on forums. Quite often they just hit 'quote' or 'reply' without editing. Was I supposed to know which type you were? You have caused an argument and offence were there was none.
    I did not attack you. I merely asked a question that could easily have been dealt with by a simple 'yes' or 'no'.
  • joebeggs
    Options
    hold on.. the chicken is just going into a cardboard box? really? no lining? seems fake
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Also that "healthy home cooked food" Cottage pie, mash potato, beans, stew/ whatever, full of BUTTER, SALT & OFFCUTS!

Not in MY house!

ditto! or my mothers...!

Yeah 'cos as a young child I bet you really knew alot about food other than "eating alot makes you fat".

Errrr, am I being 'dissed'? If so, why?

God, I should "dis" you for using the word "dissed" but I wont.
    No that comment was not aimed at you, do you not understand that the quote above my reply is what I was replying to?

Well excuse me for wondering which of the four comments you quoted was the one that you were most peeved at.
    You will note that I used the word 'dissed' in single quotation marks, thereby inferring that I was either joking, being ironic or sarcastic. In this case it was the former. By telling me that you ought to 'dis' me for using the word 'dissed', you were, in effect, 'dissing' me. There really was no need, I only asked a simple question.

It's obvious who I was replying to! If I was replying to you, I would have replied under your quote, that's how it works!

Not everybody uses strict rules on forums. Quite often they just hit 'quote' or 'reply' without editing. Was I supposed to know which type you were? You have caused an argument and offence were there was none.
    I did not attack you. I merely asked a question that could easily have been dealt with by a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

welcome-to-the-internet.jpg?w=440&h=240&crop=1
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpo6DJhtE_REPZv7ARieYrYENC6GYv5f9DiGilDK9up-NzYPvA_9D33ykZ0Q
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    mature.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

Let me guess, you have no kids.

i have 9 nieces and nephews, ranging from 1 to 18 years old.

i also know that as a child i ate the home cooked healthy food my parents ate or i went hungry. it was *that* simple.
    Just as I thought. You haven't got a clue what it's like to be a parent. Carry on.

I'm a parent to 3 children and I happen to agree with what she's saying.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    mature.

Extrememly. I was using the internet when Mummy was still wiping her backside.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go deal with my own snarky teens instead of someone else's :wink:
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    mature.

Extrememly. I was using the internet when Mummy was still wiping her backside.
    Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go deal with my own snarky teens instead of someone else's :wink:

Oh dear, "welcome to the internet" & "you must be new here" are not to be taken seriously, they are memes.
    You said "you've caused an argument & offended" so I replied with "welcome to the internet" because the internet is full of people who don't care if they cause an argument or offend you.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    wenders123
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.