30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    For those on level 2 and 3...do you have to master level 1 to move on to the next level? I still cant do "real" push ups and have been doing the modified ones, and i dont see that changing in 4 days. What do you think?

I did the modified push up the entire Level 1. Then moved on to Level 2 after 10 days. I wasn't going to let the push up hold me back when my endurance for the rest of the workout was picking up.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Interesting tidbit for ya!

According to MFP, when doing 30 day shred, I burn 189 calories. I am using my mother's HRM and I set everything to my height and weight and after 20 mins of Level 2, it says I burned 242 calories!

If you have an HRM, use it and I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised! :)
  • allynady
    allynady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I just started level 1 on Friday.
  • Shorty1124
    Options
    Started 30 day shred today.
    I'm excited Level 1 Here I go :)
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I am trying to win a copy tonight on an auction ...If I can win it I will be starting Tomorrow night...If not I will have to order a copy and start whenever it arrives in the mail... would love to have a few people to chat with about the workout and share results with :)
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i started the shred on friday. i was a sweaty tomato by the end. the pushups were KILLER!!!!!! and that move in the Abs section where you lie on your back with your legs in the air and move your butt up and down. i have no core strength :grumble:

afterward i felt okay, tired and a bit sore, but fine. saturday morning? oh my god. i felt like i got hit by a bus. the fronts of my thighs, just above the knee, my arms, my middle... all on fire! i went to my parents to visit for my birthday, so i skipped a day and done day 2 today (sunday). im feeling okay now, but im dreading the morning...

the first circuit is my least favourite, with those damned push ups!! my poor weak arms are just screaming at holding up my 240 pound body :laugh:
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Tuesday!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    just finished day 5 level one. i find if i run before i start, i have more endurance and my legs dont hurt afterwards, its a good warmup!
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just started again, On level 1, day 3 right now.
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On day six and the first section is still killing me. I was able to push out more pushups tonight though.
    With the cardio ( jumping jacks and jump rope section) I just set my timer on my phone and I was able to finish it!!!
    I just knew I had to bust out 30 second of each and it was much easier this time around.
  • kristinhills90
    kristinhills90 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 day 5 today. Each day just keeps getting easier & easier. The first day I really thought I was going to die. By the 3rd day I only had to stop to take a little break a few times. Today, no breaks and I was doing most of the moves with ease. Still having a hard time with anything that requires me to jump. My knees are really starting to hurt from all the jumping.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    On day six and the first section is still killing me. I was able to push out more pushups tonight though.
    With the cardio ( jumping jacks and jump rope section) I just set my timer on my phone and I was able to finish it!!!
    I just knew I had to bust out 30 second of each and it was much easier this time around.

I have only completed 2 days of level one so far... that jumping jacks/ jump rope part KILLS my calves! I always have to stop for a second because my left calf cramps up. Setting the timer is a great idea!
  • janetsnakehole
    janetsnakehole Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started on Friday morning and did day three today - wow, am I sore! I don't feel it in my legs as much as I do my arms, shoulders and chest. Honestly, the bony parts around my non-existent boobs are so sore. I've only taken a few pauses each day, usually right before the cardio so I can take a sip of water. I'm really hoping to be able to do at least one actual pushup by day 10, instead of the terrible attempts I've been making.
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Did it again today, although my legs are killing me. I can barely walk. This workout is making me really dizzy, though. I think I need to see a doctor or adjust my calories or something, because I hate this feeling.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i'm on level 1 day 3, i'm taking weekends off, so tomorrow will be day 4! my knees aren't enjoying the impact of some of the cardio moves, or the lunges! but i'm trying! i'm excited to start level 2 finally!

i can NOT do a push up to save my life though lol!
  • bleemoore81
    bleemoore81 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found it at walmart for 10$ Totally worth it and you can get it right away.
  • mdulanto9177
    Options
    For those that are waiting for it in the mail or are planning to get it...you can start...there's level one on youtube. Why wait any longer! I started that way...planning to get it sometime next week, but that didn't stop me...if your determined, you can youtube it.

I decided to take a rest today from all my workouts: insanity and 30day shred...but tomorrow is day 5 level 1. Let's GO!
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i can NOT do a push up to save my life though lol!
    [/quote]

Haha! ME either....no worries....we have 30 days to get at least 1 real push up done.
  • SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did it again today, although my legs are killing me. I can barely walk. This workout is making me really dizzy, though. I think I need to see a doctor or adjust my calories or something, because I hate this feeling.

Are you getting dizzy from all the up and down from the floor to standing? If so, move slower through those transitions. You can always pause the dvd. I definitely wouldnt be doing any of these moves if you are feeling dizzy.....also drink LOTS of water!!!
  • cssm
    cssm Posts: 25
    Options
    I love this workout!!! All u need is a mat and some hand weights and room is definently not an issue. I'm on day 7 and have been doing level 2 for 2 days. I moved up a level as I felt confident following Natalie ( the advanced instructor). But following Anita at the moment on level 2 I feel so sore at times but it's really making a difference to my shape. No kilos down bit definently inches
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!