Big Bang Theory

Options

Replies

• Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am watching Sheldon in the ball pit right now! Its great!!!
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Definetly one of my favorite sitcoms ever! I love how it's a little nerdy and quirky as well as having a bit of sexual humor. That's why it's so different from of sitcoms lately.

"[knock knock knock] penny!" "who is it?"
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    The most recent one where Raj falls in love with Siri had me in fits!! especially when Barry was demonstrating why it sucked! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love it too!! Sheldon is my favorite <3 I just want to snuggle him haha! Penny is a close second. Though I know a lot of haters say it wouldn't be funny without a laugh track... I just think they aren't nerdy enough to get it :) (Bazinga!!)

As someone who is a comp sci nerd dating an aspie who plays DnD and watches Syfy (seefee? sifi? ehhh?) all the time, this show is my real life and it is awesome!!
  • Zsangel
    Options
    I am watching Sheldon in the ball pit right now! Its great!!!

BAZINGA!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm too nerdy for Hollywood-style nerds. I yell at the screen when they get things wrong.

"That has been DISPROVEN!" "No, no, no, that's not even close to how you play that!" "WHO WROTE THIS?! READ A BOOK!"

:laugh:

That being said, I usually get at least one good laugh per episode. Just wish they'd get rid of the background laughter or tone it down a bit.

And do their research a bit better. :wink:
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    not yet... I mean.. as far as the top 5 ever? it's in it's infancy... Seinfeld, Simpsons, Mash, Threes company, Happy Days... Not really a top five, but, I'm just saying...
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    "I'm NOT crazy......my mother had me tested" :laugh:
  • Zsangel
    Options
    'Mom smokes in the car. Jesus is OK with it but we can't tell Dad!'
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Love it!

Sheldon reminds me of my brother. They look SO much alike and even act the same. Makes the show even more HILARIOUS!
  • johncaraher
    johncaraher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Brilliant writing and great acting but I thought the first season is awkward. I don't think the characters really molded with each other until after that. Still the best show on tv tho!

Yup. When the show first aired I watched the first 5 episodes or so... and thought, "Meh" (apart from the Halloween one). Stopped watching it. Now I'm a huge fan. If you start watching it from the beginning stick with it; the first season isn't half as good as what follows.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Amazing show, plowed through it in about 1.5 weeks. Best Bazinga in the show imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfL4-C8OCys
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Love, love this show. Best sitcom on TV ever!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    One of my favorite shows,so funny.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    I have friends who love both BBT and How I met... I just don't get it. Maybe i need to dig in and give it another shot. Here are my 3 must DVR sitcoms:

Parks and Rec
    Modern Family
    Life and Times of Tim

Just curious if the people who love BBT enjoy any of the above.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have friends who love both BBT and How I met... I just don't get it. Maybe i need to dig in and give it another shot. Here are my 3 must DVR sitcoms:

Parks and Rec
    Modern Family
    Life and Times of Tim

Just curious if the people who love BBT enjoy any of the above.

Modern Family is amazing!

IMHO,

Community > Modern Family > HIMYM > BBT

(I watch all four, and that's my order of preference.)

I couldn't really get into Parks & Rec, but lots of people really love it. I've never heard of Life & Times of Tim and am going to look it up now.
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love it! I've gotten both my sisters and my mum hooked. My mum asks every day now if it's on!
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Just watched the one where they bought the time machine. It made me LOL too. I just got on the big Bang bandwagon and can't stop watching.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    BAZINGA
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Each person on that show brings something great! Sheldon is freaking hysterical and well, everyone is really.