What food would you absolutely not give up?

Options

Replies

• bosulli1
    Options
    chocolate, bread, mexican, mac and cheese, the list goes on.

just trying to focus on enjoying them in very small portions. not exactly easy, though...
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Peanut butter cups?
    What is that? Never heard of it but sounds delicious!

Hm...just wondering but where are you from?

Peanut butter cups are a circular candy that is chocolate on the outside and peanut butter in the middle.

LOL Oh those things made by reeses or something lol... I taught she meant peanut butter cups like shots... Guess I was having a brain fart for thinking it was some kind of creamer.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I would not give up peanut butter, bananas or chocolate. But I don't feel it's necessary to give up any food. It's how a food is prepared that matters, in my opinion.

I could not have agree more.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options
    Because of food allergies I had to give up peanut butter, wheat, gluten, bananas, and finned fish.

So I refuse to give up my chocolate. I am supposed to be giving up soda (diet acid) but that is hard
  • LovesAdventure
    LovesAdventure Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well, if beer is considered a food....then I won't give up my bud light
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I agree with popcorn as well. I love that salty little snack! And potatoes. Don't touch my fkn potatoes, I will cut a *****. **** just got REAL.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I have given up NO FOODS.
    I set calories to 3000 to account for my activity level, exercises and other variables, and am losing a half a pound per week.
    Out of the 70 lb total weight loss, half of that resulted from a 2200 calorie diet, reflecting a deficit to affect a 2 lb per week weight loss, and my last 20 lbs were at 2500 where I lost 1lb weekly. After reaching my goals, I reset, then lowered my weekly loss expectation to a half a pound. Again, I have my daily calories set at 3000.
    It works:drinker:
    If your input is right, all will be well.

Eat what you want; moderation is key.

I wish I can eat in moderation, but I seriously have a bad time saying STOP after the first couple of bites. I have a all of nothing mentality.. :/
  • isherryb
    isherryb Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I just can't get used to the artificial sweeteners.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I won't jinx myself by saying anything. Because for sure it would be the next food that I was allergic to and had to give up!

Pam

Lol can't say that hasn't happened to me b4.
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    It would definitely be cheese for me. I remember when I was a kid that we at a lot of vegetarian meals (for health and affordability) and this involved eating cheese with most dinners. One day my stepmom told me that we were going to limit our meals with cheese to just a couple times a week. I *literally* cried. I was12 years old, and I cried because we weren't going to be eating cheese every day. LMAO. I love it so hard.

But thankfully I don't really feel the need to remove anything I love from my diet. I did cut out caffeinated products, but that was prior to my decision to lose weight. In that case, the desire to get my blood pressure and other health-issues under control overrode my affection for the stuff. I really don't feel deprived by not having it. Even when I do break down and have some, I instantly regret it because of the way it makes me feel. So I'm okay with that decision. Chocolate, pizza, cheese, bacon, crackers, etc.... All things in moderation. (And even sometimes NOT in moderation, as long as they fit into my calorie goals. :blushing: )
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Any food I enjoy eating. There is never a reason to deprive yourself of something you love. Moderation is key.

^ agreed ^

I also agree with this...but still...stay away from my pizza.
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    Good question. Seems everyone has some input. I really admire those of you who say there's nothing they can't give up. Kudos to you!
    Me... COKE (coca-cola... the real thing) but it's not a food? I've tried giving it up.
    But for food, I'd have to say pizza.
    Now something that I've had to give up because I have no control once I start, is sugary cereals, such as Lucky Charms, Honey Combs, Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles. I could sit and eat bowl after bowl of it. Not pretty. I'm proud to say that I haven't had any since July '11.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    So far I haven't really given anything up and that's the way I like it. I do eat a lot less of certain things and have some things only a few times a year now but I don't see the point in never eating stuff I love again.
  • Care563
    Care563 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would never ever give up AVOCADOs....never
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Nut butter. It is a quintessential aspect of my life
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Mike!!! :love: .......... but if you actually mean FOOD not just the most WoW and DaaaaaYaMn Tastiness in general, then I would have to say I would never say goodbye to pizza. Actually, I don't think I'd totally give up any food. I just want to make sure I don't go over board.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    does coffee count? if not then cheese.

^^^ This..... was going to be my answer
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

Chicken

Chocolate cake
  • Articeluvsmemphis