WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone

This is the start of my second week... and I am determined that this time around will be the time that I take this serious and change my life style. I have the Jillian Micheals 30 day shed workout and I am excited to try it out and see how I do.

Have a great day everyone...and thanks for all your kind words and support from this wonderful group

Darlene
  • justkate2
    justkate2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Well its a new month and new goals.

My goals are as follows:

Lose 5 + pounds

Commit to at least 4 trips to the gym each week

Not eating my extra calories

Hope everyone has a great day will check back later this evening :drinker:
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    Just me posting.
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you!

My goals for February:

Lose 7 lbs, to get to 157.
    Exercise 30 minutes/day.
    Go to bed earlier.
    Diary food and exercise daily -- yes, even on weekends.
    Drink 2 caraffes of water/day.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • Alexa712
    Alexa712 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My goal for February is to drink more water
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

:drinker: Congrats to all who achieved your January goals! And to those who didn't quite make it :grumble: - every day is a fresh start. You can achieve your February goals!

My one January goal was to lose those last 7 pounds to my overall goal: achieved. :bigsmile:

February's goals start focusing on maintance and overall health. I need to continue to build habits that will prevent me from ever going back to the 300+ me again:

:happy: Minimum of 250 minutes of purposeful aerobic exercise each week.
    :happy: Log in every day.
    :happy: Continue every day to follow my number one rule for success: Plan what you eat, eat what you plan.
    :happy: Remain at or below my target weight at each weekly weigh-in.

I'd like to slowly lose a few more pounds to give me a cushion for normal fluctuation, but I'm not setting a specific goal on that. I've upped my calories some but am still below maintenance calories. It should come off gradually, maybe a couple of pounds a month if I do all the things above.

Happy February all!
    Virginia
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Hi Ladies :happy: This looks like a great group of ladies with lots of good goals for February. I'm going to join and commit myself for the month. I joined the gym this week, so my goals will be:

Gym at least 3X a week
    Zumba Tues & Thurs (unless cancelled by instructor)
    Drink more water
    Eat more veggies
    Be happy :happy:
    Lose 5 lbs by March 1st
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot too. Lost about one pound in January. My goal is a half pound per week, but to be honest, I'm happy as a clam if I can simply keep losing at all. Slow and steady (and stubbornly persisting) wins this race! Going on vacation with Chris Friday. This one is an educational, small ship cruise with National Geographic Expeditions. We will be kayaking, swimming, hiking, and snorkeling as well as whale watching and doing lots of photography. The ship is advertized as having wifi and satellite Internet, so I hope to keep on logging while I'm away.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I am doing the February Skinny Ms. challenge, which is t eat 3 super foods a day! It is only open to those who haven't eaten fast food in a while. That is another challenge. I hope I do it!!!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I decided that it was time to get back on here. I have been doing ok with maintaining my weight. I gained a few pounds over the holidays, but have managed to get rid of 2, so I have one more to go. My goal for February will be work on getting rid of that extra pound and ideally 2 more. I know I need to work on getting the water in.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Hi,
    After drinking LOTS of water I feel like a new person today. So I'm rethinking my goals.

1. Drink all my water every day.
    2. Eat a large green salad for lunch every day.
    3. Log on daily and plan what I eat, eat what I plan (Thank you Virginia that really hit me)

Best of luck to everyone here. Getting healthy is so addictive.
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    X marks my spot for later on. Happy February my friends x
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    Would love to join in! I started in January and only lost 1 ib. But i hope to lose 5 in February. just starting back in with exercising .I would love to add an extra workout in each week . I am now doing 3-4 days for 20 minutes. Maybe i can walk at the mall or something!:drinker: :bigsmile: My Birthday is Friday so i might eat cake!!:love:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many new people. We are already on page 2 and it is only 6:23 am PST. Wow! Anyway did good with treadmilling an hour a day towards the end of the month and eating well again so that will be my goal for February.

Trying to get myself out of the house every morning is more and more of a challenge as Ritter continues to grow and gain a lot of confidence. He is a real pistol. I love to watch him and Bodi play, and they really play in the morning. I get distracted. Trying to get Ritter in the kennel, not get Bodi upset about it and get myself out the door while manually setting the alarm has become such a crazy dance that I am exhausted by the time I get to work. But then again I love having the puppy so I will just shut up now.:wink:

Only two more weeks until I get to put my hands on my beautiful baby granddaughter Olivia. I can't wait.

Have a great day all.

Robin, Bodi and Ritter.
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is so supportive, I started on this site are January 5th or so, logging my food, I never counted calories or even exercised before, on a routine basis, still working on the routine part. I started before Christmas watching what I was eating and today I am down 6 lbs. This week and few days last week kinda took me off track, but I have to move forward.

Feb Goal, another 6 lbs
    Drink my water
    Exercise more and longer

I have to healthy for me, and to live a longer life for grandson and new grandaughter to be born in the next few months.

Good Luck
    Sherry
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I posted this as my status update this morning, but now I realize I also want to say this, in particular, to all the fabulous 50+ women here. You are so upbeat and inspiring! Good morning MFP friends! Have I told you lately how wonderful you are? Last evening, I was walking the dogs along the sidewalk by the waterfront, and I passed a group of other dog-walkers who had stopped to chat. Their conversation revolved around how all of them needed to go on diets. What went through my head as I walked on by was how good it is to have my MFP friends who don't just stand around talking about what they ought to do. Lots of love, and a great big cheer, to all of you!

Virginia, I also love the quote planning what you eat and eating what you plan. I'm going to make it my motto this month.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello All -
    I would really like to join your group, if that's ok. My goals for February are to log my calories more regularly, drink more water and more importantly to get my butt in gear. If there's anyone out there who would like to give me a swift kick in the butt to keep me in line, please feel free to do so. Have a great day!!!
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    White rabbits!

Furnace update first - they finally called me back about 4:30 and said that the engineer was delayed on the job he was on, and if it would be after 5:30 then he would go home, or if I still wanted him to come, it would be overtime. I said that I don't expect to pay anyway, so if it is overtime that isn't my problem. But, as I needed to get to the hospital in ever worsening weather I decided I wouldn't wait for him to come yesterday. She said he could come today, but that isn't convenient for me as I was supposed to have aquafit this morning but I'm not going because of the weather, and this afternoon I always go to the mall for certain Wednesday chores. They are now coming tomorrow morning, but couldn't give me a time. Excuse me!!! with all the time I've been waiting how come I'm not first on the list and therefore you can give me a specific time.

(The weather problem for the aquafit class is that there is a steep slope down into the parking lot and therefore difficult to get out again when we have freezing rain, which we have again, and again today)

DBF called and is now getting a timetable for his life! He will sit in the chair until 9:30, then will be put back into bed for an hour to rest, then he will be got up again to do his exercise, etc. Good progress. He asked for fresh toast again this morning. Problem when all the toast is made centrally, then put on the trays and delivered it is cold and soggy by the time it gets to the patient. Yesterday he stabbed it with his knife repeatedly and then asked for a new slice because the one he had was dead!

Welcome to all the newcomers - this is a great group.

Meg - I hope you do well with WW tracking. When they changed the system last year (or was it the year before), I then found it non-intuitive any more and just couldn't get on with it. That is why I joined here.
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just started this week, marking my spot :)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Feb 1st.
    My goals are to eat the healthiest I can.
    Hopefully,get this knee taken care of and do what the drs say.
    Hopefully,have some kind of plan were we will be and hopefully,settled soon.
    Turn negatives into positives.Do the best I can.
    Have a great day!!!
    HUGS
    jane