21 day fast starting today, Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i am so into this... no bread or dairy for 21 days :D by the time the 21 days is over, i won't even want that stuff anymore!

I'm not religious, but I gave up chocolate once for lent and when I ate it after 40 days, I didn't even enjoy it. Stupidly kept eating it til I enjoyed it again though :noway:
  • PhatAndy
    PhatAndy Posts: 285
    Options
    Oooh no chocolate for me, either. That's going to be hard. Especially with Valentine's Day coming up...but I'm in.

That is some GREAT dedication!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Oooh I like this idea, hmmm now what to pick?
  • Acherona
    Acherona Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone that's doing this xxx
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'll give up my morning Coffee. 21 days. No coffee.
    Poor Pedro (My "Colombian" coffee pot) is going to miss me....
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Don't you people do this at Easter time?

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. Lent is right around the corner and it's 40 days:( 40 long days:((
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Don't you people do this at Easter time?

Just because its a 21 day fast doesent mean it has anything to do with religion... would a 22 day fast make you feel better?
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    ill fast no soda for 21 days!!! i made it all day yesterday...i know i can do it!!!
    also i will ~try~ to not add extra salt to anything!!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    ill fast no soda for 21 days!!! i made it all day yesterday...i know i can do it!!!
    also i will ~try~ to not add extra salt to anything!!

I just ended my first 21 day fast yesterday, did soda as well. now i dont crave it anymore. Day 5 will be a struggle but im here for you!
  • allnewskinnyme
    allnewskinnyme Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm so addicted to crisps this might be near impossible but I'm up for the challenge!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    I'm so addicted to crisps this might be near impossible but I'm up for the challenge!

you are marked down my dear! Keep me up to date! Good luck!
  • rbbrrmqn
    rbbrrmqn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Andy, I'm in = no more binging on any sweets. AAHHH it's out there now!!! YIKES!!
  • alibreasy
    alibreasy Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So today on my youtube vlog Seen here http://www.youtube.com/mrpapersun I started a 21 day fast with my subscribers and all of my friends on MFP. Now this is not fasting all food, this is fasting one of the worst things that you eat, EG: Chocolate, chips, coke, ice cream. and if you eat perfectly healthy then committing to an 8 am wakeup time for 21 days, or committing to doing 30 mins of walking every morning before work/school.

who would like to to join me and pick something to fast from for 21 days! I will be checking this thread regularly and holding you accountable for what you have picked so be sure before you pick it!

I have faith in all of you, anything you put your mind to you can do. I know that statement is overused buts It's true, Ive experienced it first hand.

So join me today in this fast!

If you join me, ill be giving a shoutout to you in my next vlog and saying what you will be fasting!!

Feel free to friend request me if you would like more motivation with this! and Best of luck to all of you!

-Andy

I am on day 34 of my 40 days fast no meats no sweets... its a beast! But it will definitely knock out your cravings for sweets...Best of luck to you!
  • angelltn
    Options
    I've been doing this with candy. I've not had any candy for 12 days now. It took almost a whole week for the cravings to go away. I even have a pile of candy sitting under my computer monitor at work to taunt me. It doesn't bother me anymore at all! Good luck!
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    So today on my youtube vlog Seen here http://www.youtube.com/mrpapersun I started a 21 day fast with my subscribers and all of my friends on MFP. Now this is not fasting all food, this is fasting one of the worst things that you eat, EG: Chocolate, chips, coke, ice cream. and if you eat perfectly healthy then committing to an 8 am wakeup time for 21 days, or committing to doing 30 mins of walking every morning before work/school.

who would like to to join me and pick something to fast from for 21 days! I will be checking this thread regularly and holding you accountable for what you have picked so be sure before you pick it!

I have faith in all of you, anything you put your mind to you can do. I know that statement is overused buts It's true, Ive experienced it first hand.

So join me today in this fast!

If you join me, ill be giving a shoutout to you in my next vlog and saying what you will be fasting!!

Feel free to friend request me if you would like more motivation with this! and Best of luck to all of you!

-Andy

I am on day 34 of my 40 days fast no meats no sweets... its a beast! But it will definitely knock out your cravings for sweets...Best of luck to you!

WOW!!! Kudos to you on your fast and your amazing weightloss! Great job =)
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I will eat chocolate daily for 21 days! I CAN DO THIS!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Sign me up! No cookies or potato chips for me.:cry:
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I did some kind of allergen free diet for 30days. I had to remove all of these for a month
    MILK
    EGGS
    FISH
    WHEAT
    MEAT
    SUGAR
    CAFFEINE

At the end I had a craving for a chocolate cupcake and a slice of pizza.
  • PhatAndy
    Options
    Sign me up! No cookies or potato chips for me.:cry:

You are signed up! good job on the weight loss too!
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter..

But, since I've already had some today- I'll start tomorrow :)

I'm pretty much addicted to this crap! LOL