Fat Burners...what's hot, what's not???

Options

Replies

• msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey MFPs!

I am a fan of Oxy Elite Pro and have been successful with it for the past few months. However, I would like to try something different to avoid my body getting use to Oxy. I am open to suggestions on other fat burners to compliment my well balanced diet and exercise regiments.
    Do u have any suggestions on other over-the-counter products that delivers...increased metabolism, increased energy, suppressed appetite, and subcutaneious fat burning? :explode: :explode: :explode:

Oh and if you are against fat burners, thanks for reading the post, but please save your energy and avoid replying! :blushing:

Thanks!!!
    Oxy Elite is more of an appetite suppressant and energy pill than a thermogenic. IMO, the ONLY thermogenic that's ever really worked for me and many is ECA.
    That said, thermogenics are responsible for about 1%-2% of your total weight loss. You should use them once you get down to you last 5-10 for a boost.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Oh, Ninerbuff we meet again...lol! But, your opinion is credible and will be considered! Is there a specific brand of ECA u suggest?
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I don't really take fat burners b/c i can't handle the caffiene, but my honey has a couple on the fridge he likes...oxy elite pro and spirodex? I've checked out the ingredients lists, just caffiene and alot of natural ingredients, seems harmless to me! and i've learned that ignoring the "others" is the best way to get rid of the negativity. If you are against fat burners and you clicked on this thread, then you were just looking for some drama. I wouldn't even give them the satisfaction.

Good Luck!

Well said...well said! And, trust in the real world...I usually ignore negativity and waste my energy on it!
  • TeriTegland
    TeriTegland Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fat burners are not diet pills.
  • Langlady
    Langlady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use Oxy Pro Elite. But I use for a month and take a month off so my body won't get used to it. It also gets your body used to burning fat on its own that way when you get to where you want the weight will stay off better.

I used to use Hydroxycut but used it every month and when I stopped I gained it all back cuz my body relied on it too much. Give your body a chance to learn how to do it by itself after it gets help. Think of it as tutoring, you get help then you do it on your own so that it sticks. Same thing with your body.

I hope you find this useful. I sometimes have a hard time with thermogenics, "fatburner" cuz of my ADHD but I use them to help when I am struggling.
  • DevanEve
    DevanEve Posts: 130
    Options
    I used Hydroxycut actually. It would definitely help out with my workouts. Just remember to drink TONS of water with it! Since it is a thermogenic you are going to need water. I kept the weight off actually and I just used it for workouts for that extra energy to go a while. I used two bottles but actually never took 2 pills throughout the day - I always stuck to one since I rarely drink caffeine.

Good luck to you. :3
  • TeriTegland
    Options
    My trainer and nutrionist recommends ON Thermal Cuts. I have a few weeks of Oxy Elite Pro I'm going to finish up then moving to Thermal Cuts.

Get a new trainer and nutritionist, as that stuff is garbage. It's main ingredient is HCA which while shown to be possibly effective in mice, it has been shown to do nothing in humans

Is this a fact or an opinion? Um....I think opinion!
    Thanks kiddo!

Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr 2000, 130(12):2990-5.
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/12/2990.long

-)-Hydroxycitric acid does not affect energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in adult males in a post-absorptive state. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1999, 23(8):867-73
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0800965

Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. Jama 1998, 280(18):1596-600
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=9820262

Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav 2000, 71(1-2):87-94
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=11134690

If these were proven to be safe for humans and that they worked in humans they would be FDA approved... which most are not.
    I am Not certain but pretty sure I remember learning in an herbal medicine class that the FDA does not regulate supplements. So just because you don"t see an FDA approval doesn't mean anything.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you are against fat burners, thanks for reading the post, but please save your energy and avoid replying! :blushing:

Yeah right! Not gonna happen sweetie! You're posting on a public board, so expect everyone to reply.
    If you feel the need to write a disclaimer, then you know deep inside you that you're doing something wrong. You just don't want to hear about it. Putting your fingers in your ears while singing La La La La La La is not going to change the fact that those pills are bad for you. It just makes you very childish. There is no such thing as a magical pill that burns fat. How do you know you've been having success with those? Did you sit on your couch 16 hours a day while munching on chips and eating your pills and then you burned fat? Um, I bet not! If you've been losing weight, it's just because you've been eating less and exercising more. Nothing magic here. It's just caffeine and a bunch of herbs that most people can't even pronounce the name let alone know what they do.
    Hydroxycut is just a fiber pill. The company was sued for wrongfully labeling their product as ''weight loss pill'' and ''fat burner''. They have so much money than they paid but didn't do anything because they don't care. They just want your money.
    You do whatever with your money and health, but blindly taking a pill without knowing exactly what you're putting in your body is just plain irresponsible, especially since a lot of newbies are going to read your post and think that the ''magic pill'' exists.
  • TeriTegland
    Options
    Hey MFPs!

I am a fan of Oxy Elite Pro and have been successful with it for the past few months. However, I would like to try something different to avoid my body getting use to Oxy. I am open to suggestions on other fat burners to compliment my well balanced diet and exercise regiments.
    Do u have any suggestions on other over-the-counter products that delivers...increased metabolism, increased energy, suppressed appetite, and subcutaneious fat burning? :explode: :explode: :explode:

Thanks!!!
    Oxy Elite is more of an appetite suppressant and energy pill than a thermogenic. IMO, the ONLY thermogenic that's ever really worked for me and many is ECA.
    That said, thermogenics are responsible for about 1%-2% of your total weight loss. You should use them once you get down to you last 5-10 for a boost.

IDEA Fitness member
    Can You still buy Ephedra in the US? Supplements containing ephedra?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,705 Member
    Options
    Apparently online you can buy ephedra/caffeine supplements, but I doubt if they are from the US.

IDEA Fitness member
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Cardio, strength training, and clean eating are great fat burners!

;)

Thanks for your input, but I guess you ignored my disclaimer to not reply if you are against fat burners...smh!
    i dont think she ever said she was against them....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Apparently online you can buy ephedra/caffeine supplements, but I doubt if they are from the US.

IDEA Fitness member

Nope ya cant get in the US. Online you can get it from other countries, or you can get bronkaid in some states in the US. Can't in Iowa lol i tried
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    If in the us you can legally import 3.5g per month. DEA controlled and monitored but legal. That is a lot!!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I use Oxy Pro Elite. But I use for a month and take a month off so my body won't get used to it. It also gets your body used to burning fat on its own that way when you get to where you want the weight will stay off better.

I used to use Hydroxycut but used it every month and when I stopped I gained it all back cuz my body relied on it too much. Give your body a chance to learn how to do it by itself after it gets help. Think of it as tutoring, you get help then you do it on your own so that it sticks. Same thing with your body.

I hope you find this useful. I sometimes have a hard time with thermogenics, "fatburner" cuz of my ADHD but I use them to help when I am struggling.

Thank you! I may try your method, which is what the bottle suggests!
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Yeah right! Not gonna happen sweetie! You're posting on a public board, so expect everyone to reply.
    If you feel the need to write a disclaimer, then you know deep inside you that you're doing something wrong. You just don't want to hear about it. Putting your fingers in your ears while singing La La La La La La is not going to change the fact that those pills are bad for you. It just makes you very childish. There is no such thing as a magical pill that burns fat. How do you know you've been having success with those? Did you sit on your couch 16 hours a day while munching on chips and eating your pills and then you burned fat? Um, I bet not! If you've been losing weight, it's just because you've been eating less and exercising more. Nothing magic here. It's just caffeine and a bunch of herbs that most people can't even pronounce the name let alone know what they do.
    Hydroxycut is just a fiber pill. The company was sued for wrongfully labeling their product as ''weight loss pill'' and ''fat burner''. They have so much money than they paid but didn't do anything because they don't care. They just want your money.
    You do whatever with your money and health, but blindly taking a pill without knowing exactly what you're putting in your body is just plain irresponsible, especially since a lot of newbies are going to read your post and think that the ''magic pill'' exists.

Wow....thanks for the essay! I see you have plenty of time on your hands and are possibly more concerned about this post than the originator! But, if you paid close attention, which you obviously did not, you would have witnessed that I agreed there is no such thing as a magic diet pill...that term can from one of my "haters"!
    And, now I will join u in tune....La La La La La away...not!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:
    Options
    See I think that the only "disagreement" that is necessary here would be the ones saying which ones and why they dont work. Like hydroxycut being a fiber pill, and Acg's post showing that a certain pill only showed results in rats. Those are helpful in showing that they do not work, and why baked by science or news. Just bickering really doesn't do any good.

OP: I hope you see that the ones mentioned above are a waste of money :] Most of them are caffeine, which can really get up and get you moving! Just do your research :] Many OTC ones are very over priced. I used Oxy a loooooong time ago and it helped me feel very alert and workout harder. I also used CL REDuction not too long ago. Nice caffeine blend too. (I no longer waste money on those)

I am currently going with an EC stack. Haters can hate if you want.
  • pnuquay
    pnuquay Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome fat burner that I use! It is not available over the counter. PM if you are interested.
  • dalessandro12
    Options
    Fat burners are a waste. Stick with a diet and exercise plan and it will save you a lot of money in the long run. If you really need a kick, just drink some coffee or take some caffeine (most of the fat burners are loaded with stimulants).
    Options
    ^^ I certainly agree with that

If you dont like coffee you can get caffeine pills, very cheap!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    I have an awesome fat burner that I use! It is not available over the counter. PM if you are interested.
    Might this be it?
    824482-mario1up_large.gif
  • ButtercupSprad
    Options
    I am a devout OxyEliter too! I normally cycle off to AMP Max Igniter. It's a thermagenic and doesn't make me dish or sick like hydroxycut and others.