• PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Chocolate chip pancakes.

....................... cry
  • crobinson0923
    Options
    Peanut butter!! Any nut butter, for that matter.

I feel your pain
  • cherriewilliams
    cherriewilliams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Any kind of chips and dip. I can eat a whole container of French Onion dip and a bag of wavy lays by myself. So I just don't buy them anymore.
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    crackers, granola bars, icecream and chips. I can't do them in moderation. If i go into a bag of chips i go till it's 1/2 gone at least. same with crackers, they never last more than 3 days. So none for me.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Soda, Chinese Food, Burgers, Candy, etc.
  • Chood5
    Chood5 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    cereal
  • MUByM
    MUByM Posts: 208
    Options
    Fast food
    Chips
    Soda
    Cheesecake
    Cookies
    Candy
    Cold Stone
    Cooking oil (vegetable oil)
    Greasy food

and more!!
  • lisakyle_11
    lisakyle_11 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    nothing. if i want/have to have something, i have a bite or two.... it is usually worth it.
  • aimeemusic
    aimeemusic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    NUTELLA

I had to "break up " with Nutella

It was a destructive relationship

I would "love" a huge jar of like 2000 plus calories in a week and then gain .2 pounds a week (thank goodness I was workng out when it was at its worse.

I would easier blame nutella for about 10 of my pounds. So I have complete cut it out.

I have not had it since July 2011.

:)
  • kjroehm
    Options
    Soda:(
    I used to drink it all the time, I've sort of replaced it with coffee but I miss having a coke. The thing about moderation is I can't make myself have just one! So I just have to stop completely!
    Add me!
  • Sweetapples01
    Sweetapples01 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coca-Cola!!!! It was soooo hard! I had a coke every day for years and years and I gave it up cold turkey. It was so hard to keep myself from driving to the gas station and getting the biggest fountain coke I could buy!!! I haven't had one in 5 weeks now and no longer crave it!!! I don't drink any soda anymore and feel great! I'm not bloated anymore either! :)
  • bhaktinstella
    bhaktinstella Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Potatoes in any form. All cookies and ice cream. i was never a 'chips' person anyway, so they were easy to give up. No sugary drinks AT ALL. My skin is clearer for it, i notice, and i feel better overall!
  • CoachDave2012
    CoachDave2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The first thing I gave up was french fries which is difficult because I eat out a lot and just about everything comes with fries. My real kryptonite is donuts (2 for $1 at 7-11) I could eat a dozen Krispy Kreams in 5 minutes. So I cut any and all donuts out. Chips taste great but do little to fill you up so I stay away though I have tempted fate a few times and just had a small handful. That takes a lot of will power and isn't really worth it so I try to cut them out all together. I still do fun size chocolate bars on occasion to satisfy a craving. They are only about 80 calories and I able to walk away with just one. Ci Ci's Cinnamon rolls are right out. I don't even look at that side of the buffet.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    This is a long list lol...

Coke
    Fast food
    Biggbys & Starbucks (although I'll get a tall skinny vanilla latte every now and again)
    Chinese food... OMG I miss egg rolls with LOTS of duck sauce!
    Ferrero rocher candies ( the hazelnut chocolate balls of yumminess)
    Chocolate cream puffs
    Oreo cookies
    Turtle sundaes

and my absolute FAVORITE restaurant... Outback Steakhouse.... bloomin onion, primerib, and tangy tomato dressing!

Anybody else hungry now?
  • deluda
    deluda Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    nothing. if i want/have to have something, i have a bite or two.... it is usually worth it.

I am the same way. I haven't given up anything. If I did, then I would crave it, binge on it, and then feel awful afterwards. So not worth it.
  • johnlms
    Options
    I've given up on Chips Ahoy cookies.... I've replaced them with WhoNu? cookies... ;)

I used to eat an entire container of Chips Ahoy cookies and have enough milk to go down with them when they were in the house.

I still have my cookies and milk, but only as a treat sometimes (one serving). =)

I've cut back on many other things... not completely given them up though. (Tostitos cheese dip for one)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    haven't really given up anything, I just accept the fact that if I can't control myself with something, either don't buy it, or face eating the whole thing and not feel guilty. or buy it in smaller portions when i can
  • lwalters5
    lwalters5 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of a list:

All bread
    Any kind of chips
    Anything with a sugar substitute
    Any meat that is not lean high quality protein

Bread is definitely the worst for me though. I have an intense love affair with bread.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I do not keep potato chips or Ritz crackers in my home any longer. Unfortunately, I do find that my hand will sneak some into my mouth at a party when my mind is distracted by the scintillating conversation of those around me and not paying attention, so I haven't ENTIRELY given it up, but I am working on it.
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I know everyone says "moderation is key" and blah blah, but personally I find that there are some foods that I just absolutely cannot eat in moderation. I use to eat a ton of bagels, chocolate, candy, donuts, and all of that terrible stuff. I've had no trouble bringing those things down to moderation. I use to eat something like 4 or 5 donuts a week, and now I can eat them once or twice a month, work them into my daily calories, and have no problem.

That being said, nutella and potato chips are my downfall. I haven't done too terribly with potato chips, because you can buy them in those 250-ish calorie bags from a vending machine, but I absolutely cannot bring home one of those giant bags you buy at a grocery store. I tried to once when I was about 2 or 3 weeks into my diet, and I ate more than 1000 calories worth of chips in one day. I just can't do it. If I have a bag at home, I will eat it. Nutella is my scale's greatest enemy. If I have a jar at home, it'll last 3 days tops. I can never seem to have just one spoon. For now, nutella is my completely forbidden food.