Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• sirenvega
    sirenvega Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i knit and cross stitch. maybe those aren't geeky. just grandma-y. :) but i love 'em all the same.

Hey I crochet and Knit too! cross-stitching seems really hard though!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am a Computer Science major, and in my current position, I no longer write any code. I am taking free online classes for web coding. No reason. Just doing it!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lr44o4UZ9M1qj2x3jo1_500.jpg

I love him
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I like to dance around my house in my Dr. Who scarf and eating jelly babies.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have many nerdy pursuits. But mostly I just pursue nerds. :devil:

This for me is true :) I'll admit :)
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I read grammar and punctuation books for fun, too.

I spend time on the internet researching scientific topics.

I follow NPR's 13.7 blog.

I'm a classical musician.

And I love everything Star Trek/Dr. Who/Neil Gaiman/Terry Pratchett/Star Wars/Harry Potter, which makes me nerdy enough--but I also like reading Chekhov, Tolstoy, Austen, ****ens (really, MFP? You won't let me type the name of the classic author who wrote A Tale Of Two Cities?), Tolkien, and other classic writers.

If those aren't nerdy/geeky pleasures, I don't know what is. ;)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i just downloaded all four seasons of batman the animated series. i love cartoons.
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Oh and I went to the movies to see Beauty and the Beast 3D with my daughter and niece, and sang all the songs, out loud, until someone complained. Then I sang them louder.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Not so much of a guilty pleasure as I don't really care what people think about it.... but I watch lots of Star Trek. Lately both classic and Next Generation.

Then there's video games. I looove RPGs. I even still play my SNES, NES and other classic consoles from back in the day as well.

I'm also a big book buyer. I get too many sometimes, and all are mostly technical or science related.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Im a huge nerd. I love the Science channel and watching shows that talk about the universe as well as how its made.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I can quote Charmed, Buffy and Angel episodes like I lived them.....Buffy comic season 8 and 9 have been on my wish list for a while now....I love and own all of Sims 2 and Sims 3 :) I'm pretty darn adorkable......
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Books, especially old ones..I hate the idea of a nook or kindle, nothing can compare to the feel of the paper, or the sound of a turning page, or the smell of the glue and leather used to bind it..Ahh pure rapture!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I touch myself at night. Oh wait what?

Oh right, yeah I listen to the Star Wars soundtrack while playing my-oh-so-awesome SWTOR!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books.

I watch virtually no television, but the only show I *do* (or *did* - it just ended) watch is Chuck, which is pretty geeky/nerdy.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I put on my bowtie, braces, Harris Tweed jacket, and then sit at the piano with my sheet music of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer's musical episode, "Once More With Feeling" and "Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog" and sing to my hearts content.

I only wish that Firefly was on long enough for Joss Whedon to do a musical episode...don't care how it would have worked. It just would have...

Anyone laughs and I will so Sonic you!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Video games are a biggie for me. We also just bought the entire series of Farscape and it's pretty freaking great. I find myself thinking about the characters throughout the day.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I love cowboy songs (especially from the pop-button-shirt cowboy revival of the 1950's), like this:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyL1dgbBdVQ
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I play world of warcraft. Need I say more?

this
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I can quote Charmed, Buffy and Angel episodes like I lived them.....Buffy comic season 8 and 9 have been on my wish list for a while now....I love and own all of Sims 2 and Sims 3 :) I'm pretty darn adorkable......

The Power of 3 will set us free.....

Too much???? :blushing:
  • sirenvega
    sirenvega Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i just downloaded all four seasons of batman the animated series. i love cartoons.

I really like "Batman Beyond" I've had a thing for Terry" McGinnis since my late teens.... He is super hot.