Options

Replies

• mrs_lanza
    Options
    I watch Disney movies- not only the animated ones but all disney movies :(
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i can sing every song from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. And do. Randomly. without much volume control.

I do this frequently, and at really weird times like while grocery shopping - people always give me weird looks.

Um... I love... air!

A lot of guys ignore the laugh and that's about standards. I mean if you are going to get into the Evil League of Evil you have to have a memorable laugh. What? Do you don't think Bad Horse didn't work on his whinny? His terrible death whinny?

LOL you made me spit water out of my nose just now... my 7 year old niece has the entire thing memorized... she is so hilarious because randomly from the backseat of a car she will start quoting the movie.. the first time she did it she was 5 lol her dad was like "WTH is wrong with her??" I said nothing... she is just embracing the awesomeness of Dr. Horrible...

than she started singing the ghost busters theme... and her dad told her she could no longer watch movies with me because I was way to much of a geek lol

*hands you Auntie Award*
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Used to keep the boxes of Trivial Pursuit cards next to my bed as a kid, and would quiz myself late into the night.

*kitten*. I used to do this too. I would still do it, but I've read all of them.

My brain is full of random useless trivia.

Also, I read cookbooks for fun.
  • WillJaques
    Options
    Ok where to begin...

World of Warcraft, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Pokemon.. hell just look at the profile pic. I'm also a Nerdfighter, if you know what that is you get an instant add request :-)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I write code all day, every week day. I am a nerd by trade.
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i play a game called "world of tanks"... you get to run around in a tank shooting other tanks.. its hilarious.. my husband turned me on to it, hes a huge ww2 history nerd...

so i play that and wow... nerdy huh? :)

reminds me of this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-Road_Velociraptor_Safari
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I write pure smut for my fandom, I also no much more than I should not just about the show that I watch but the actors (I mean, if I weren't me I'd think I was a little bit of a stalker-but you just pick stuff up in fandom). It's okay, we're in our twenties, we're allowed to be ridiculous!
  • ancook02
    ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I sing opera. For fun and with local companies. Judge all you'd like. :)
  • emczech5
    emczech5 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was ranked number 7 in the Slytherin house on the Harry Potter Compete for the House Cup app on Facebook, until the developers quit keeping up the app. I also play a lot of World of War Craft with the Hubby.
  • Cycl0tr0n
    Options
    I read grammar books for funsies.

OMG! Me too!

And I play a game very similar to CyldeTheCat's 'World of Tanks' called 'Treadmarks.'

Also, Sims 2 -- not to play with the people, but because I am an architecture nerd and I like to design buildings and towns and then see if they work (apparently, the first Sims game was originally imagined as an architecture simulator anyway; Sims 3 seems more oriented towards playing with your fake peeps and doesn't let you wear the Town Planner hat as much, so I'm not as into that one).

And I go on totally insane research binges that sometimes have no practical application to my life whatsoever. I can make an argument in favor of Martin Buber, but why do I really need to know the history of coffee? I don't even drink coffee. Seriously.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    dateline
    48 hours mystery
    lockup
    these are my favorite shows.. i have a love affair with prisons! i have a host of doc's on my netflix ranging from white supremicists to gay love in the 70s.

I too love anything cops/jail related...and the odd documentaries on Netflix....Watched one about hitler most recently...and one about Dolphins being killed and sold for food in Japan
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 :)
    Shall I define pop culture for you? :laugh:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/kbsmom/view/how-not-to-be-a-jerk-on-the-internet-204767
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I write pure smut for my fandom, I also no much more than I should not just about the show that I watch but the actors (I mean, if I weren't me I'd think I was a little bit of a stalker-but you just pick stuff up in fandom). It's okay, we're in our twenties, we're allowed to be ridiculous!

fanfic smut FTW!! i'm 30 and i write Harry Potter p0rn. as well as many other fandoms. i regret nothing about this.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I do many of these randomly throughout the course of a day / week / year:

- quote Monty Python.
    - hum 'Cantina Band.' (The kidlet prefers humming 'The Imperial March.')
    - beta-test games (Currently testing D3. I've been testing on and off since EQ. Not actively subscribed to any games at the moment.)
    - attend Renaissance Festivals... in breasticle-enhancing garb.
    - use internet words -- but never acronyms -- in conversation with my husband, i.e. "moran" instead of "moron."

Edit to add:

- laugh maniacally at my hubs plethora of Skyrim deaths.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I only wish that Firefly was on long enough for Joss Whedon to do a musical episode...don't care how it would have worked. It just would have...

OMG Yes!!!
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i play a game called "world of tanks"... you get to run around in a tank shooting other tanks.. its hilarious.. my husband turned me on to it, hes a huge ww2 history nerd...

so i play that and wow... nerdy huh? :)

reminds me of this --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Off-Road_Velociraptor_Safari

that sounds awesome... you get to wear a monocle!
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Are any of these nerdy boys single and over 35? :)
    This is why I miss San Diego. I always knew my next boyfriend was at Comic-con.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I remember being bored once as a 6 year old. SO I opened the dictionary and started reading it. While I don't do that anymore, the effects have had a very far reach.......
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options

oh god, the siren call of rpf. i hear you. it just... sucks you in. ahem. what's your main fandom? (and the internet is for pr0n, so i actually feel no shame about that aspect of it whatsoever. whoops)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    i knit and cross stitch. maybe those aren't geeky. just grandma-y. :) but i love 'em all the same.

I cross stitch whenever I watch tv; especially football. It is like 3 hours of non-stop cross stitch time.