Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Geeky/Nerdy: I color coordinate my clothes in my closet.

Guilty Pleasure: Romance novels! :o)
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    fanfic smut FTW!! i'm 30 and i write Harry Potter p0rn. as well as many other fandoms. i regret nothing about this.

i feel like i need to add you, sir or madam. */salute
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    I watch Disney movies- not only the animated ones but all disney movies :(

I'm 24 and I keep Beauty and the beast, aladin AND snow white on the DVR....and have watched 2 out of the 3 in the past week
  • Cycl0tr0n
    Options
    I sing opera. For fun and with local companies. Judge all you'd like. :)

You are inherently awesome! Opera rocks! (And if you're not in proximity of NYC, but are in proximity of a movie theater that offers the Met's Live in HD broadcasts, check out Gotterdammerung on Saturday, 11 February -- Jay Hunter Morris is brilliant on the stage and hilarious off).

I got called a 'nerd' by my voice teacher last week when rattling off the names of 16th-century composers, so I feel you.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    fanfic smut FTW!! i'm 30 and i write Harry Potter p0rn. as well as many other fandoms. i regret nothing about this.

i feel like i need to add you, sir or madam. */salute

LOL! just got back from sending you a request. seems you are already in the hive brain.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Oh, to the person who reads maps. Guilty here as well. I could spend hours poring over Ordnance Survey maps. :love:
  • G30Grrl
    G30Grrl Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I circle typos in books.

Me too, Cory! I also edit newspapers & magazines for grammar and typos. But actually, that's not as much of a pleasure for me as it is an annoying compulsion.

For pleasure, I read books about science, math, and numbers. Right now (among others) I am reading "Zero; Biography of a Dangerous Idea" and "The Hockey Stick Illusion: Climategate and the Corruption of Science."
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    Star Trek. ;) The Next Generation in particular.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I like doing logic puzzles and reading National Geographic and Time magazine.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I write pure smut for my fandom, I also no much more than I should not just about the show that I watch but the actors (I mean, if I weren't me I'd think I was a little bit of a stalker-but you just pick stuff up in fandom). It's okay, we're in our twenties, we're allowed to be ridiculous!

oh god, the siren call of rpf. i hear you. it just... sucks you in. ahem. what's your main fandom? (and the internet is for pr0n, so i actually feel no shame about that aspect of it whatsoever. whoops)

Supernatural, JUST got into HP and Sherlock. I dabble in H50. Can you see the theme of my preferred pairings ;-) I should be in the Dr. Who fandom but The Doctor just...I can't bring myself to sully him. It's tragic.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I do many of these randomly throughout the course of a day / week / year:

- quote Monty Python.
    Yes! Only "Napoleon Dynamite" quotes rival the Monty Python quotes in my world.

My favorite shirt in the closet, from Woot:

5acfd28b-f611-4139-93af-9a065a4d2b43.jpg
  • ancook02
    ancook02 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I write pure smut for my fandom, I also no much more than I should not just about the show that I watch but the actors (I mean, if I weren't me I'd think I was a little bit of a stalker-but you just pick stuff up in fandom). It's okay, we're in our twenties, we're allowed to be ridiculous!

oh god, the siren call of rpf. i hear you. it just... sucks you in. ahem. what's your main fandom? (and the internet is for pr0n, so i actually feel no shame about that aspect of it whatsoever. whoops)

I used to write Fanfic for Southern Vampire Mysteries (True Blood if you watch HBO). Also.. I role play... on twitter... *hangs head in shame*
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I read maps and road atlases. For fun.
    You too?! :love:

Maps are so incredibly fascinating.

Same here!
    I also really like watching documentary, I prefer those over anything else on tv.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Supernatural, JUST got into HP and Sherlock. I dabble in H50. Can you see the theme of my preferred pairings ;-) I should be in the Dr. Who fandom but The Doctor just...I can't bring myself to sully him. It's tragic.

i can hook you up with some ten/jack that WILL change your mind. your priestess of p0rn is here for you.
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm a Statistician..'nuff said
  • PrincessMorticia
    PrincessMorticia Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I listen to Transformers dubstep....and I have a couple Transformers tattoos. I also watch original Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episodes in my spare time on Netflix :P
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    cheesy 80's music.
    I love it all and love me some one hit wonders!
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I like Final Fantasy, a lot of RPG games, comic books, going to Comic Conventions, I've been called a "Trekkie" for my love of Star Trek, lol. I'm a grammar nazi at times.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My dog and cat are named Sam and Rosie. I mourn the loss of Stargate, but have developed an affinity for Tapping's English accent on Sanctuary, and Tesla is the best vampire character ever, I scorn all others. And I love Douglas Adams books.

And I've had 2 work experience positions where I graded other students' essays. LOVE!!! Love me some red ink.
  • Shutterpillar
    Options
    I circle typos in books.

I watch virtually no television, but the only show I *do* (or *did* - it just ended) watch is Chuck, which is pretty geeky/nerdy.

GAH! I love Chuck. I am so bummed that it is over.