Not what you thought it was............

Options

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    When I was little I used to think "taking care of business by ZZtop was taking care of biscuits"
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

They all looked at me wide-eyed, embarrassed. I continued...
    "Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

That is easily the funniest thing I've read all year so far... ha ha!!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    This wasn't me, but rather an ex-boyfriend....Years ago, he was reading an article in the newspaper, which had described a serial killer's acts as "grisly murders." My boyfriend looked totally dumbfounded and asked me "Why would somebody go around killing bears?" Oh dear.
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....
    When I was a pre-teen, tea-bagging was a caffeine rush derived by sucking on tea-bags, and then jumping around with a slight high. Fast forward 30 years.

I saw some tea-bags dumped in the trash, and my son, aged 15, had a sleep-over with several of his friends. My wife had dumped those tea-bags, but I didn't know that. I jokingly said "I see you guys were tea-bagging - eh?"

"Oh come on! I used to do that with my friends years ago" - and so the conversation went.
    I left it at a that, and it was not until later that night at a party that somebody advised me of my mistake.

I WAS APPALLED!

OMG I can't stop laughing!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mattemery
    mattemery Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

^^^^^^ and we have a WINNER....
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts were baby cabbages :laugh:

I told my kids this for years. It worked :wink:
  • jhorberg
    jhorberg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    and here I always thought it was "wrapped up like a deuce"..............

hmmm go figure....I always wondered how??
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    my husband thought this:

"Blinded by the light/ revved up like a DOUCHE.... I had to explain to him what a Douse was. :) He still sings it this way for a laugh.

lolol... I used to sing douche too... and I also didn't find out that a pickle was a cucumber until I was 13 yrs old lmao talk about living under a rock!!
  • FoxxC
    FoxxC Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My husband was talking about how good a meal was and he said "That was bone of a Tee" I said say what...........Thats what he thought people were saying when they say Bon Appetit.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

^^^^^^ and we have a WINNER....

This has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard... I'm surprised you didn't get phone calls from your son's friends' parents haha
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Tea-bagging!!!! omg! That was hilarious. Your son was probably very embarrased that you said you had done that with your friends!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    LED= little electonic device.
    LOVE IT!!!!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Tea Bagging....

I WAS APPALLED!

That is so funny, your son will never live that one down. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How bad is this -- I've never heard of this, so I actually had to Google It. YIKES. I'm never doing THAT again -- wait, GOOGLING it, not DOING it. :blushing: Whew.

I'm just gonna shut up now. :huh:

My teens are in the room and asking why I'm choking/crying/shaking with laughter. I REALLY can't tell them :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Years ago, he was reading an article in the newspaper, which had described a serial killer's acts as "grisly murders." My boyfriend looked totally dumbfounded and asked me "Why would somebody go around killing bears?" Oh dear.

**spitting out tea at my desk** HILARIOUS.
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts were baby cabbages :laugh:
    Their not? POP There went my bubble
  • pinkydemon
    pinkydemon Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Okay so when I was a very young kid my parents told me that I get black feet when I drink too much Coke, so me trying to figure it out made my parents speechless the next time we went out. I saw a couple of black people and said to my parents really loud so that everyone could hear it that they must have drunk far too much coke, because they where black all over.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Mine:
    I grew up in Mississippi and had never heard of Rodeo Drive. When I moved to Phoenix at 19, I was working in the mall and there was a store we used to refer people to called Off Rodeo Drive. Being from where I am, I pronounced it RoDEo (like a country rodeo). It took weeks for my co-workers to convince me that it was Ro-DAY-o Drive.

Husband:
    He thought Donny and Marie Osmond were married. Until he made a comment about it one day and I started cracking up and told him they were siblings.

Mother-in-Law:
    Refers to the restaurant Johnny Rockets as Johnny Jump-ups.

Best Friend's Daughter:
    She would sing the country song Some Beach as Some B!tch. She did this at the top of her lungs. In Target. She was about 5 and argued with me about the correct lyrics of the song. Again at the top of her lungs. And would then continue singing it her way.
  • nursegnet
    nursegnet Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Very funny posts!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles! Turtles in a hatchback, turtle power!!!

Only found outlast year it was "turtles in a half shell" when I was walking around work singing it to myself and one of the lads nearly died laughing!

I thought couscous was a breed of dog and For the song "don't stop believing" I thought the line was "hold on to the ceiling" instead of "hold on to that feeling"
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    di dat en di do cotton-eyed Joe....

haha, where did you come from cotton-eyed Joe