Healthy and Fit in 2012! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @ Sammie – losing 5.3 lbs is pretty good! Its great that you have a plan for continuous improvement and am already planning your exercise while you’re on vacation!

@ Jess – that’s a fantastic loss for Jan.! In Feb. I’m also going to focus more on strength training. Next week I’m going to try to do some strength training every day -- 4 days of weight training and 3 days of bodyweight exercises.

@ Joy – not gaining anything in Jan. is also a good accomplishment! I think eating more calories is the key for you to start losing again.

@ Wimberly – I agree with what Sammie said! To elaborate on what I posted on the newsfeed – since your body fat level is fairly low right now, you’re much more at risk of losing lean body mass while you’re losing fat, and its also much easier for you to enter starvation mode. To avoid these things, you should eat enough so that you don’t lose more than ~.5 lbs/week (i.e., have a net calorie deficit of ~250 cal/day). This will help preserve your lean body mass and prevent your fat loss from plateauing.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back...well I never left just haven't been posting as much as I like to. My apologies for not being here to support everyone. I feel like I haven't posted about my weekly goals for a week or two. The last two weeks have been rough when it comes to meeting my goals, but I did pretty well on the weight loss.

Last week’s goals: (not met)

I only exercised once because of my ankle but that’s just an excuse lol we all know I could have at least done pilates :smile: Today I went all day without it being wrapped up and it barely hurt so I’m going to try doing the shred again tomorrow.

JANUARY LOSS: 8 lbs

I would like to continue with this challenge :smile: I think it works perfect for me

Here are my goals for this week (a touch late):

Exercise: do the 30 day shred every day for the remainder of the week and go for at least 3 walks
    Food: Log every day, eat breakfast and healthy snacks, and stay under the calorie goal

:glasses: 2012 Weekly Weight Log:glasses:
    Jan. 2nd-->215
    Jan. 9th-->212
    Jan. 16th-->211.8
    Jan. 23rd-->208
    Jan. 30th-->207
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back...well I never left just haven't been posting as much as I like to. My apologies for not being here to support everyone. I feel like I haven't posted about my weekly goals for a week or two. The last two weeks have been rough when it comes to meeting my goals, but I did pretty well on the weight loss.

Last week’s goals: (not met)

I only exercised once because of my ankle but that’s just an excuse lol we all know I could have at least done pilates :smile: Today I went all day without it being wrapped up and it barely hurt so I’m going to try doing the shred again tomorrow.

JANUARY LOSS: 8 lbs

I would like to continue with this challenge :smile: I think it works perfect for me

Here are my goals for this week (a touch late):

Exercise: do the 30 day shred every day for the remainder of the week and go for at least 3 walks
    Food: Log every day, eat breakfast and healthy snacks, and stay under the calorie goal

:glasses: 2012 Weekly Weight Log:glasses:
    Jan. 2nd-->215
    Jan. 9th-->212
    Jan. 16th-->211.8
    Jan. 23rd-->208
    Jan. 30th-->207
    @ Maria - I'm glad your ankle is better now.

Fantastic weight loss for Jan! Its especially impressive considering all of the stressful things that you had going on. :drinker: Keep up the good work!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    February 20 is my birthday so I definitely have goals to meet for that! I am setting a month-long goal to lose 3 more pounds to get me at about 120-121 range! My bestest friend that I had back in NC before her and her hubby moved back home to Ohio and mine and I moved to Hawaii is coming to visit this Tuesday for three weeks. She has some weight loss goals of her own and wants to go hiking, walking, jogging, SKY DIVING(!!!), and all kinds of things so I know even though she will be here, I have a GREAT chance at making my goal! I want to get this tummy more toned. Continue eating more fruits/veggies and make a water goal of 10-12 glasses per day. It is a lot but it is possible. Oh and I MUST get more strength training! Cardio is great but I need more toning exercises so this flab can be fab! Lmao.
  • mobskee
    Options
    February 20 is my birthday so I definitely have goals to meet for that! I am setting a month-long goal to lose 3 more pounds to get me at about 120-121 range! My bestest friend that I had back in NC before her and her hubby moved back home to Ohio and mine and I moved to Hawaii is coming to visit this Tuesday for three weeks. She has some weight loss goals of her own and wants to go hiking, walking, jogging, SKY DIVING(!!!), and all kinds of things so I know even though she will be here, I have a GREAT chance at making my goal! I want to get this tummy more toned. Continue eating more fruits/veggies and make a water goal of 10-12 glasses per day. It is a lot but it is possible. Oh and I MUST get more strength training! Cardio is great but I need more toning exercises so this flab can be fab! Lmao.

How exciting! I'm glad that you have support coming into town and not one of those friends that just wants to eat nonstop lol I have a couple of those...
    Very nice and doable goals...you can do it!! I don't know if you have a Walmart in HI but I just bought a few $3 dvds there all with 10 minute works out for what you want to concentrate on.
  • mobskee
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

Finally, I get to see how everyone is doing. I decided this time, instead of taking over a whole page by quoting to everyone’s posts :laugh: , I’ll follow Mimi’s lead and do a little summary :wink:

@Sammie…I really hope you feel better soon. Looks like you had a great month and have some very nice goals for the Feb. Enjoy your vacation!

@Wimberley…Happy almost Bday! Enjoy visiting with your friend!

@Mimi…So glad to see that you’re back. Don’t you wish that our brain burned calories as well? Thinking should be considered as an exercise on those days when we have to work a lot and don’t have time to exercise. Keep up the good work!

@Mandy…I hope you’re with us for another month. Although it looks like you’re pretty much at your goal…you should be so proud!!

@Jess…Nice loss!! Keep up the good work!!

@Joy…Nice goals! Yes, stay away from that diet soda…it’s so bad for you! Somebody told me once that the “diet” foods have a chemical in them that actually preserves the fat cells. Hang in there with the plateau…sometimes we have to give the body a little push to get it going. BTW…good job at staying off that scale!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR BEING HERE FOR ME!! I COULDN'T DO THIS IF I DIDN'T FEEL ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT FROM ALL OF YOU!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Wimberly - sounds like your friend's visit will be a lot of fun! Its great that you're going to work on your weight loss goals together while doing lot of fun activities. Adding strength training is definitely the way to go! I also haven't been keeping up with that in the past but have ramped up on that during the past week, and plan to keep on doing 20-25 min of strength training every day in addition to my cardio.
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @Mimi…So glad to see that you’re back. Don’t you wish that our brain burned calories as well? Thinking should be considered as an exercise on those days when we have to work a lot and don’t have time to exercise. Keep up the good work!
    @ Maria - thanks! I'm really glad to see you back too! :flowerforyou: And yes, I sure wish that thinking burned calories because then I would've lost ~5 lbs! :laugh:

By the way, Mandy said that she's going to skip the challenge for Feb. because she's really busy right now. I hope she can re-join us in March!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

How exciting! I'm glad that you have support coming into town and not one of those friends that just wants to eat nonstop lol I have a couple of those...
    Very nice and doable goals...you can do it!! I don't know if you have a Walmart in HI but I just bought a few $3 dvds there all with 10 minute works out for what you want to concentrate on.

Nice! There is one about 30 minutes away maybe her and I will make a trip there. And I know we will focus on helping each other but there will be a few much needed girl time date nights that will include splurges but I will try to stay under on other days to balance out what I eat that is high in calories and also try to research what I will be eating before I order!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    @ Wimberly - sounds like your friend's visit will be a lot of fun! Its great that you're going to work on your weight loss goals together while doing lot of fun activities. Adding strength training is definitely the way to go! I also haven't been keeping up with that in the past but have ramped up on that during the past week, and plan to keep on doing 20-25 min of strength training every day in addition to my cardio.

Thank you Mimi! I am so excited to see her! It feels like it has been a century (really been since July)!
    I am stoked about going hiking I have been looking up some awesome places! I will definitely share pictiues!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Glad to see that most of our group is participating in the Feb. challenge!

People who confirmed for Feb. are:

Wimberly, Jess, Joy, Maria, Sammie, Mimi,
    (MarineWifey09, jwerman, ratsyroo, mobskee, SparksFly460, Balanced_Life)

Mandy (Mandalicious) won't be participating in Feb. since she's really busy right now. I checked with Dawn (Davwn (Dawn_is_getting_healthy) but haven't heard back from her.

Does anyone know if Dawn is planning to join us for Feb.?

Anyway, I had a good week and am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 4.0 lbs (1 lb/week)
    Weight loss total: 1.4 lbs

Week 0: 138.6 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.2 (-1.4 lbs)

Feb - Week 1: Goals / Results
    Calorie Deficit:
    3500 cal (~500 cal/day) - EXCEEDED (3736 cal)

Exercise:
    Total time: 440 min -- EXCEEDED (480 min)
    Cardio: Stairmaster (315 min; 45 min x 7) -- DONE
    Weight training (50 min; 25 min x 2) -- EXCEEDED (100 min; 25 min x 4)
    Calisthenics: flexibility (55 min; 15 min x 3, 5 min x 2) -- EXCEEDED (105 min; 15 min x 3, 5 x 4)
    Calisthenics: strength (20 min; 20 min x 1) -- DONE

Eating:
    Follow "meal plan template" every day (in the "Notes" section of my Food Diary) -- DONE

Week 1 went very well! I was happy to have a loss, but the best thing is that even though work was stressful last week (as usual!), I stuck to my eating plan every day and didn't binge! I was also happy that work wasn't as hectic as I thought it would be, so I had time to do my usual 4 weight training sessions/week (instead of just 2 as I had expected).

My goals for Week 2 will be same as for Week 1, except that I'm increasing the weight training and strength calisthenics to my usual goal of 4 sessions and 3 sessions per week, respectively, so that every day I can get 20-25 min. of strength training in addition to 45 min. of cardio and 5-15 min of flexibility calisthenics.

Feb - Week 2: Goals
    Calorie Deficit:
    3500 cal (~500 cal/day)

Exercise:
    Total time: 540 min (~75 min/day)
    Cardio: Stairmaster (315 min; 45 min x 7)
    Weight training (100 min; 25 min x 4)
    Calisthenics: flexibility (65 min; 15 min x 3, 5 min. x 4)
    Calisthenics: strength (60 min; 20 min x 3)

Eating:
    Follow "meal plan template" every day (in the "Notes" section of my Food Diary)
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Good Morning all!
    I'm sooooo glad last week is OVER!! And sooo glad for a new one!
    Things were way messed up for me last week(TOM stayed 6 days this time!), so I did what I could. Despite my gain, I am super excited to almost reach my strength goal for the week!

Start weight on 1/30- 195.5 lbs
    2/6- 198 lbs. ( One step forward, and 2 steps back...)

Sugars over by 5< - 1/7 (Goal 5/7)
    Fresh fruit- 4/7 (goal7/7)
    Fresh veg- 5/7 (goal 7/7)
    Cardio-4/7 (goal 4/7)
    Strength/circuit training- 2/7 (goal 3/7)

Goals for this week: 2/6-2/12
    Get back on track again( which would include the goals above), finish diary every day(this week I only finished 5/7) and try to do some journaling everyday.

New week, new day,let's go!
  • jwerman
    Options
    Maria, TOTALLY DITTO on the support, we really do have a great group here!!! :) It is SO important to have good support...MFP has really helped with that the last few weeks. I've been having some troubles with co-workers, friends and family members being challenged by my weight loss...snide remarks, comparisons and etcetera crap...on top of the other stressors currently happening in my life...All not good for the motivation(especially last week)! :/ That's why I thank God for MFP and you ladies!! Hope you all have a wonderful week! :)
  • jwerman
    Options
    Glad to see that most of our group is participating in the Feb. challenge!

People who confirmed for Feb. are:

Wimberly, Jess, Joy, Maria, Sammie, Mimi,
    (MarineWifey09, jwerman, ratsyroo, mobskee, SparksFly460, Balanced_Life)

Mandy (Mandalicious) won't be participating in Feb. since she's really busy right now. I checked with Dawn (Davwn (Dawn_is_getting_healthy) but haven't heard back from her.

Does anyone know if Dawn is planning to join us for Feb.?

Anyway, I had a good week and am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning!
    Mimi, no I haven't heard if Dawn is coming back or not....I know she's still on MFP. Maybe she's nervous about challenges and we need to give her some extra encouragement?! ;)
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Jess - don't worry about the gain, its probably just water weight! I'm also focusing on getting the strength training in -- let's both do well on that this week!

It looks like we've both been pretty stressed the last few weeks, though for me it was mostly from work. Hang in there!

Sure, its a good idea if you and others also check with Dawn. I still haven't heard anything from her since I checked with her last week...
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Alright here we go. I am in the middle of TOM but I still weighed in today. After last weeks weigh in my numbers JUMPED UP the next few days :sad: Between the antibiotics & painkillers and etc I think my body was a MESS. Anyways I am down to 137.0 which is awesome even though it's 0.2 higher than my last weight but I KNOW I'm retaining water duet to TOM so I'm not worried.

***RECAP WEEK 1 OF FEBRUARY***
    EXERCISE (easing myself back, if I feel I can handle more I will try to blow these goals out of the water)
    Go to Spin 2x CHECK
    Go to Zumba 1x CHECK
    Plus additional 45 mins of cardio CHECK (did 117minutes)
    Strength training 1x NOPE :grumble:

FOOD
    Hit as close to my MACROS as possible (50/25/25) at least 4x this week (carbs/protein/fat) NOPE 3/4
    Hit 80g protein 2x CHECK 5/2
    Stay at or under calorie goals everyday this week CHECK 7/7
    Stay under my sodium 5x NOPE 4/7

Weight Loss Goal: 134.0 lbs
    Weight Loss Total: +0.2 lbs

Week 0: 136.8
    Week 1: 137.0 (+0.2)
    Week 2:
    Week 3:
    Week 4: **Leaving for a family vacation

***GOALS FOR WEEK 2 OF FEBRUARY***
    EXERCISE
    Spin 3x
    Zumba 2x
    Burn 2000 calories through exercise

FOOD
    Get at least 25g of FIber everyday (I realized I havent been getting enough)
    Hit at least 80g of protein 4x
    Stay under my sodium 5x (I know my bf is taking me out this Friday so Sodium is going to get blown, a little wiggle room)
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Sammie - looks like you did well last week! :drinker: I bet you'll see a big loss next week once you get rid of the water weight. Good job on exceeding your cardio goal!

You know what's interesting? Our weights are almost exactly the same right now -- mine is 137.2 lbs! :smile:

How tall are you? I'm 5' 3.5"
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    I'm tipping at a near 5'8". I just changed my goal up to 128 but I think I'll be bumping it up to 130 since I want to tone up and would rather love a bit more muscle. I tend to carry my weight in my tush and boobs (hence, even at this weight I am a 34DD :noway: )

I catch a LOT of slack on here when I reveal how tall I am. I made sure to check with my doctor & my old nutritionist about my goal. They are both happy with me staying around 130 since I have a smallish-medium frame.

Anything below 120 is a non-no because I start look too lanky and thin. :noway:

**Edited: For a bump of motivation I'm changing my profile pic to one of me last time I was at my goal weight. It was on a vacation to Cabo San Lucas with my bf. I was 129 lbs the day we flew out! A little heavier when we came back lol :blushing: )
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    @ Sammie - you look great in that photo! And I bet you'd look even better with some more muscle. :smile: But you definitely wouldn't want to be thinner than that, so 120 lbs would definitely be too low for you.

You know what's interesting? Your BMI at 128 lbs is 19.5, which is exactly the same as what my BMI would be at 110 lbs (my goal weight). And I also have a small-med frame, so our goal weights would be the same if our heights are taken in account! It looks like we're both trying to achieve the same the body fat % when we're at our goal weights. Do you know what your body fat % was when you were at 129 lbs?

It looks like my fat is more evenly distributed, though, and I seem to lose weight pretty uniformly When I was at 110 lbs. ~20+ years ago, my bra size was 34A and I was basically a lot thinner everywhere.

By the way, I also want to work on gaining more muscle. I'd be fine with being more than 110 lbs. as long as that additional weight was from muscle! But unlike you, I'm still a long way from my goal weight, so I don't need to worry about that for a long time. :smile: