Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I'm watching Contact right now, but when I'm sick all I want to watch is Dune and sometimes Dark Angel...judge me about the Dune and I'll cut you, judge me for the Dark Angel and I'll nod in agreement.

I loved Dark Angel!

I love reading and I am an all out Fantasy nerd LOTR, Dragonlance, Eragon, Harry Potter etc. I also love Vampire/Werewolf books.

I am a Trekkie Original or New Generation preferred. I Love Star Wars, and can't wait to see Episode One in 3D this weekend. I also love Indiana Jones and Comic Book Movies, especially the X men, and Batman.

And this is just the tip of the Geek/Nerd Iceberg.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Excel!
    Favorite function? VLOOKUP.
    vloolups are so cool! Although, it seems as if no one can ever figure out how to do them. I've had to teach and reteach people the function on multiple occasions at various jobs.
    I thought it was only me! :laugh:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Excel!
    vloolups are so cool! Although, it seems as if no one can ever figure out how to do them. I've had to teach and reteach people the function on multiple occasions at various jobs.

AND ME !!! hahahahahaha
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that some of my favorite books include The Wheel of Time series and The Sunrunner Chronicles.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    dateline
    48 hours mystery
    lockup
    these are my favorite shows.. i have a love affair with prisons! i have a host of doc's on my netflix ranging from white supremicists to gay love in the 70s.

Then you can come to work with me sometime lol (I work on one of those prisons from Lockup)
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Ooh, and I love Jeopardy, crossword puzzles, linguistics, have read encyclopedias for fun.
  • Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've been watching Doctor Who since the first episode with Christopher and I love it! In high school I found out our new chemistry teacher is obsessed with DW, so I got to watch all the previous Doctors, too. I love reading DW fanfic and usually spend a few hours at a time.

I watched the Transformers cartoons (Armada, Energon, etc) as a kid and was so excited when I found out about the cartoon movie while walking around a video store! My brother and I rented that movie really often.

I play horse sim games online and have for years now. (Horseland, Howrse, Horsephenomena)

I started playing Runescape in middle school and still have my account. I go through spurts of paying for a membership and playing for a bit nonstop.

My preferred videogames are things like sims, harvest moon, etc.

I used to do roleplaying online (text-based) and have been wanting to get back into that. I mostly stuck with animal characters.

I love Aqua and I wish I had their new album right this second.

Almost 20 years old and I still use my Pooh and Tigger comforter as well as my Spongebob comforter.

My boyfriend is a nerd and I think that's why we go so well together. He plays D&D every week if possible, owns nearly every Zelda game and plays them religiously, loves Boondock Saints as much as I do, is obsessed with Star Wars, LOTR, etc.
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options

My boyfriend is a nerd and I think that's why we go so well together. He plays D&D every week if possible, owns nearly every Zelda game and plays them religiously, loves Boondock Saints as much as I do, is obsessed with Star Wars, LOTR, etc.

You madam, have an awesome boyfriend, hold on to that one!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I watch Real Housewives seasons on Bravo. I love Bravo TV. I love all the drama and thinking, holy crap, I can't beleive you spent that much money on that thing!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, incorperated into my wedding. Bam.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Come over to the Nerd Side....We have Pi
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I've read all of the Drzzt books, as well as all of the Dragonlance ones. I had a yellow beta named Jander.

I love social studies...like, I LOVE talking about cultures, and geography, and history, etc.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Excel!
    AND ME !!! hahahahahaha
    NERDZ!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    All my nerd hobbies are guilt free. I perform science experiments in the kitchen sink with the kids, I develop stratergies for dealing with the zombies post apocalypse, and I stalk Jonathan Coulton, Russell T Davies, and the Horrible Histories team on Twitter..

I also have a secret underground test facility which is currently being run by a megalomaniac robotic life form. I was working on developing shower curtains for the US military but we have found some interesting side effects which we are currently testing. We may be recruiting test subjects in the near future so if anyone is interested please see me for a disclaimer form and to subject yourself to the first round of personality tests.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    I knit superhero outfits for insects
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I also have a secret underground test facility which is currently being run by a megalomaniac robotic life form. I was working on developing shower curtains for the US military but we have found some interesting side effects which we are currently testing. We may be recruiting test subjects in the near future so if anyone is interested please see me for a disclaimer form and to subject yourself to the first round of personality tests.

Hey now, who are you calling a megalomaniac?

Remember, the Aperture Science Bring Your Daughter to Work Day is the perfect time to have her tested.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, incorperated into my wedding. Bam.

you never cross the streams!!!
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It makes my heart all fuzzy to see fellow Excel lovers <3
  • elcyclista
    Options
    I solve math and physics problems on my free time.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I watch Real Housewives seasons on Bravo. I love Bravo TV. I love all the drama and thinking, holy crap, I can't beleive you spent that much money on that thing!

That's not geeky or nerdy. Guilty pleasure, sure, but not geeky or nerdy.