Geeky/Nerdy Guilty Pleasure

Options

Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I watch Real Housewives seasons on Bravo. I love Bravo TV. I love all the drama and thinking, holy crap, I can't beleive you spent that much money on that thing!

That's not geeky or nerdy. Guilty pleasure, sure, but not geeky or nerdy.
    If a geek is a person with an eccentric devotion to a particular interest ("a computer geek"), you could make the case for a "reality TV geek".
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I also have a secret underground test facility which is currently being run by a megalomaniac robotic life form. I was working on developing shower curtains for the US military but we have found some interesting side effects which we are currently testing. We may be recruiting test subjects in the near future so if anyone is interested please see me for a disclaimer form and to subject yourself to the first round of personality tests.

Hey now, who are you calling a megalomaniac?

Remember, the Aperture Science Bring Your Daughter to Work Day is the perfect time to have her tested.

She's working on a potato battery next week.
  • Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options

My boyfriend is a nerd and I think that's why we go so well together. He plays D&D every week if possible, owns nearly every Zelda game and plays them religiously, loves Boondock Saints as much as I do, is obsessed with Star Wars, LOTR, etc.

You madam, have an awesome boyfriend, hold on to that one!

He's cute, too. ;)
  • Banrion
    Banrion Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Firefly, I also watch serenity every other week
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I'm a video game addict. Especially RPG's and MMO's like World of Warcraft.

I also love drawing and painting anime style pictures. =3

I even have an Elder Scrolls tattoo, heh heh.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I watch anime and listen to J-rock/pop and soundtracks at work.

Don't hate me cuz you ain't me.

I'm doing that as we speak O.O except at school hehee
  • _magnolias
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I'm with you!!!!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i roleplay. not the world of warcraft kind or the tabletop kind, but online text-based. second tier of fake shame: it's mostly fandom. i know more harry potter trivia because of this than should humanly be possible. third tier of actual shame: i'm in my twenties. (ok actually I REGRET NOTHING.)

I'm with you!!!!

i know you are :D <333
  • Mama_CAEI
    Options

i do not judge you for Dark Angel. i do not judge anyone watching Jensen be pretty. thinking of, i need to order a copy of Ten Inch Hero... *wonders off to amazon*

Good heavens! Some Jensen we don't have! Must tell hubby! :smile:

Also what makes me a geek: I watch Criminal Minds for Reid (I have a crush on him and on Matthew Gray Gubler. Have you ever checked out his Gublernation website?? Acting like a geek is not too much of a stretch for him. :smile: )
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    I sing opera. For fun and with local companies. Judge all you'd like. :)

You are inherently awesome! Opera rocks! (And if you're not in proximity of NYC, but are in proximity of a movie theater that offers the Met's Live in HD broadcasts, check out Gotterdammerung on Saturday, 11 February -- Jay Hunter Morris is brilliant on the stage and hilarious off).

I got called a 'nerd' by my voice teacher last week when rattling off the names of 16th-century composers, so I feel you.

You are my kind of geeks! I sing opera, medieval music, and as much other classical music as I can get my vocal folds around. By the way, is it geeky that I've been to a doctor specifically for my voice, and that I loved seeing the spectroscope showing me the image of my own vocal folds on a screen? That rocked!

I'm also a semi-professional recorderist (meaning, I play the recorder--yes, that funny little instrument you played in elementary school--and can even make money doing it). And even better, half the time what I play on it is jazz. In fact, I play and sing with a jazz band that incorporates several types of medieval and Renaissance musical instruments. Does that make me even geekier?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Did I miss it, or am I the only one here who watches The Guild and Red vs Blue??

I love The Guild!
    Also Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show. I can't help it...I sing along with the Wheel of Fun and giggle at Unicow.

SQUEEE!!! Stand on head time, Lick Poop!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I sometimes run statistical models just to try them out. And I write little programs for fun.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    jigsaw puzzles...and knitting...LOL. i'm a grandma.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    besides the usual gaming, comic books and what not if you listened to my collection of music tracks that I have for when I go out on my slogs (I jog really slow) I'd say 70% of it is music from video games. Halo, Final Fantasy, old skool tracks etc. etc. Also besides losing weight to be healthier and what not, one of my mini goals was to lose enough weight to rock this out in public. and happy to say it fits now when before it was just a little too tight
    adidas-star-wars-han-solo-flight-millennium-jacket-sweater-o58953-1111-18-EnChaNteDGaRdeN@3.jpg

and of course MFP cuts it off. here's link to picture
    http://76.my/Malaysia/adidas-star-wars-han-solo-flight-millennium-jacket-sweater-o58953-1111-18-EnChaNteDGaRdeN@3.jpg
  • Salamanda425
    Options
    :blushing: I read maps and road atlases. For fun.

I collect both!! It was my Geography major dork side effect!!!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    anime, video games... The usual.

Also, I really like watching the Twilight Zone, which a lot of people think is weird.

And I'm addicted to j-pop and k-pop... and Vocaloid... Which is apparently the most nerdy/geeky thing ever.

And COSPLAY <3
  • JeepersMister
    JeepersMister Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like J-Pop, anime, I'm a big fan of superhero movies, Doctor Who fan, I've played 600 hours of Team Fortress 2, and I'm a cosplayer.

Nothing too insanely geeky, though.
  • Ekoria
    Ekoria Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Erm watching anime...drawing horse pictures...watching old movies and watching my little pony lol. I used to play Dnd and Magic the Gathering lol
  • chessafranklin
    Options
    .. I love the whole Harry potter series and movies. :)
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    When I read a book, I have a dictionary next to me to look up a word if I don't know what it means. I also do the crosswords in the newspaper. I just like words.