Healthy and Fit in 2012! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    Maria, TOTALLY DITTO on the support, we really do have a great group here!!! :) It is SO important to have good support...MFP has really helped with that the last few weeks. I've been having some troubles with co-workers, friends and family members being challenged by my weight loss...snide remarks, comparisons and etcetera crap...on top of the other stressors currently happening in my life...All not good for the motivation(especially last week)! :/ That's why I thank God for MFP and you ladies!! Hope you all have a wonderful week! :)

Hang in there Jess! Don't let them get to you. They're just jealous! True friends and family should be happy for you not be making snide remarks. How frustrating...
  • mobskee
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Hopefully everyone is doing well! Great to see everyone here for another month!! Gonna miss Mandy :cry:

Last Week's Goals:
    No loss this last week but also no gain:glasses: Last week was a little crazy for me (as you all already know :wink:) Thank you for being here!! :flowerforyou: I didn't do so well at the beginning of the week but then picked it up a little towards the end of the week...well, will the exception of Super Bowl Sunday :ohwell: but I did go on a second walk after all that food so that was really good.

This Week's Goals:
    I noticed that being around the house comes with "boredom hunger" so I really need to keep myself occupied.

Exercise-->30DS every day, at least 3 walks
    Food-->eat breakfast every morning, stay within calories, concentrate on protein snacks, drink at least 1/2 galon of water per day.

:glasses: 2012 WEIGHT LOG:glasses:
    Jan. 2nd-->215
    Jan. 9th-->212
    Jan. 16th-->211.8
    Jan. 23rd-->208
    Jan. 30th-->207
    Feb. 6th-->207
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    @Mimi...I'm not quite sure what the BF% was...I was still a C cup so that's an outlier & would def throw my % off :laugh:
    I haven't kept measurements or approximated my body fat percentage since the day I threw myself into a full-hearted attempt at recovery. I think I am healthy enough & definetaly ready to start doing so. Maybe I'll break out the tape measure tomorrow.

19.5 BMI. I will be more than happy with that! That's another thing I haven't payed attention to in a while :laugh:

I think my biggest "want" is some more upper body strength....I do girl push ups right now. I want to be able to do "man" pushups...at least 20!!
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    @ Maria. WOW 8 lbs since we started. You are doing awesome. Boredom eating is definitely a culprit for me. That's another reason I keep my food diary broken up into 4 hour slots (besides a nutty work schedule)...If I'm having a decent meal, there's no need for me to be munching within that 4 hour window. I tell myself to wait 30 minutes and reevaluate. It works most of the time, other times....well I end up snacking anyways :blushing: Good days & bad days...that's all....good days & bad days
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ok, guys....I AM still here! The sudden death of a family member last week, and traveling for the funeral threw me off for a few days. I was up about a pound when I weighed in Monday, but I *think* I'm already back down to what I was the week before (had a lot of water weight from the southern-cooked sodium filled foods).
    Anyway, I'm back on track--eating better, tracking calories again & exercising some, though I need to step it up a bit! I'll try to be more involved & encouraging from here on out! So thankful to have you guys & this continued challange to help me along!
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    After the hike my friend and I did yesterday and all the walking downtown we did I am curious about my weight! We are both weighing in this week sometime! The hike was a 1200 ft elevation climb! Like a stairmaster from hell!! LOL
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    @Joy...I was definitely having some water weight issues the previous week as well. I'm glad to hear you are finding all of us helpful...I definitely owe a lot to this group & my MFP pals as well. I am SO sorry again about your loss. Keeping you in my prayers still. I have the hardest time with death & loss.

@Wimberly...I love hiking! I find it so invigorating. Glad you're having a good time with your friend, especially since the two of you are supporting each other in fitness.

Well this week has flown by, both my bf & and I are doing a lot of OT at work, him more than me....so it's cutting down on QT and leaving me a bit bummed out but I try and remember that we will have a solid 6 days together once we fly out to FL...which I cant believe is right around the corner.

I will do a weigh in tomorrow but I am officially 100% convinced that antibiotics really do make you retain water. My last dose was on Feb 6th and I weighed in at 137...the very next day I was up to 137.2 and since then it's been a trickle down. Def water loss.

The fitbit is also doing wonders, it really motivates me to stay in motion and it really made me realize how active I am on some days...and how LAZY I am on others lol (mostly when I work doubles, which I guess is a FORCED sedentary status). Overall on most days I am a lot more active than I assumed.
    So with that I've actually been eating more calories. Just adding more goodies: avocado, hummus, cheese, higher protein....not junky calories (at least not for the most part :tongue: )

I've also switched my cal-counting from 8am-8am to midnight-midnight (since I do work a lot of overnights these days. I think it's working well, I don't find myself getting as hungry!

Will be posting my goals & recap as well as an official weight in tomorrow late afternoon. :flowerforyou:
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Happy with the drop this week! As I said in my previous post...the fitbit helped me realize how much more active I am than I've thought....it also motivates me to keep in motion. I've overall been eating more of my exercise calories back and I guess it's working :flowerforyou: being off the antibiotics helps too!

Weight Loss Goal: 134.0 lbs
    Weight Loss Total: -1.5 lbs

Week 0: 136.8
    Week 1: 137.2 (+0.4)
    Week 2: 135.3 (-1.9)
    Week 3:
    Week 4: **Leaving for a family vacation

***RECAPS OF WEEK 2 - FEBRUARY***
    EXERCISE
    Spin 3x CHECK (3/3)
    Zumba 2x NOPE (0/2) Just couldnt make any classes
    Burn 2000 calories through exercise CHECK (2885/2000)

FOOD
    Get at least 25g of Fiber everyday ALMOST (5/7)
    Hit at least 80g of protein 4x CHECK (5/4)
    Stay under my sodium 5x CHECK (6/5)

Satisfied with week 2!

***GOALS FOR WEEK 3 OF FEBRUARY***
    EXERCISE
    Spin 4x
    Burn 3000 calories! Reaching high this week!

FOOD
    Get at least 25g of Fiber everyday. Did pretty well last week, need to improve!
    Hit at least 80g of protein 5x
    Stay under my sodium 5x
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm really rushed today (work again!) but will try to post my results/goals tomorrow!
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Sorry I'm late and haven't commented much the last few days...took a little break this weekend and then yesterday was crazy busy!! Hope all has been well with you... :)

I did finally get back on track last week after the wicked and weird TOM...Thank God!! Didn't do the journaling like I thought I would, but all in all not a bad week.
    Sugars, over by 5< -2/7 (goal5/7)
    Fruit-6/7 (goal7/7)
    Veg-10/7 (goal7/7)
    Cardio-7/7 (goal 4/7)
    Strength/circuit training-2/7(goal3/7)

Weight
    1/30-195.5lbs
    2/6-198lbs
    2/13-192.5lbs!!!

69 lbs gone feels so good, I can't even describe it... :) However, I may have thrown a curveball to my progress...yesterday I got my first tattoo-a back piece! Super excited!! Except my hubby who has 4 tattoos says that I probably shouldn't exercise for a week, due to the sweat! Yikes! I really don't want to NOT exercise for that long....so if you have any suggestions that would be great?!
    Can't really post my goals for this week yet until I decide whether I'm working out or not....and praying all the v-day candy doesn't tempt too bad today...:)
  • mobskee
    Options
    Almost forgot to do this :happy:

Hope everyone is doing well...I will look at all the posts tonight.

LAST WEEK'S GOALS:
    I wouldn't say that I did such a wonderful job at meeting my goals last week. Not sure what happened but I'm still trying to adjust to being at home so that probably has a lot to do with it.

Exercise-->30DS every day(missed 2 days), at least 3 walks (didn't do a single walk)
    Food-->eat breakfast every morning (I'm pretty sure I got this one except I think I had bloody marys for one of the breakfasts or maybe it was lunch lol), stay within calories (check), concentrate on protein snacks (not so good here), drink at least 1/2 galon of water per day (did not meet at all).

THIS WEEK'S GOAL:
    I'm going to Vegas on Sunday!! Woo Hoo!! I would love to lose a lb or 2 before I go but I think I'll leave my goals same as last week.

Exercise-->30DS every day, at least 3 walks
    Food-->eat breakfast every morning, stay within calories, protein snacks, drink at least 1/2 gallon of water per day.

2012 WEIGHT LOG
    Jan. 2nd-->215
    Jan. 9th-->212
    Jan. 16th-->211.8
    Jan. 23rd-->208
    Jan. 30th-->207
    Feb. 6th-->207
    Feb. 13th-->205.2
  • jwerman
    Options
    Okay so here are my goals for this week(starting tomorrow)...I have decided to take it a bit easy due to the new tattoo, so not quite as awesome as I'd like especially in the exercise dept, but it'll have to do.

Sugars, over by 5< 3/7
    Fresh fruit 5/7
    Fresh veg 5/7
    Cardio 4/7 if possible. NO strength training until tattoo scabs :(
    I WILL get through this week and still enjoy this tattoo! LOL! Hope we ALL have a good week!! ;)
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal: 4.0 lbs (1 lb/week)
    Weight loss total: 1.0 lbs

Week 0: 138.6 (
    ) -- starting weight
    Week 1: 137.2 (-1.4 lbs)
    Week 2: 137.6 (+ .4 lbs)

Feb - Week 2: Goals / Results
    Calorie Deficit:
    3500 cal (~500 cal/day) -- MISSED (1593 cal; binged on 1 day and went over by ~1486 cal)

Exercise:
    Total time: 540 min (~75 min/day) -- DONE
    Cardio: Stairmaster (315 min; 45 min x 7) -- DONE
    Weight training (100 min; 25 min x 4) -- DONE
    Calisthenics: flexibility (65 min; 15 min x 3, 5 min. x 4) -- DONE
    Calisthenics: strength (60 min; 20 min x 3) -- DONE

Eating:
    Follow "meal plan template" every day (in the "Notes" section of my Food Diary) -- DONE (but binged on 1 day)

I did well on the exercise but didn't do very well on the food. :ohwell: I had a hunger induced binged last Sat. and went over by ~1486 cal. I think I'm going to reduce my calorie deficit target to ~400 cal/day and see if that helps me avoid getting too hungry.

My goals for Week 2 will be same as for Week 1, except that I'm reducing my calorie deficit target to 2000 cal (5 days w/~400 cal deficit + 2 maintenance days), and I'm reducing the strength calisthenics to 1 session since I have less time this week.

Feb - Week 3: Goals
    Calorie Deficit:
    2000 cal (~400 cal/day x 5 + 2 maintenance days)

Exercise:
    Total time: 500 min (~70 min/day)
    Cardio: Stairmaster (315 min; 45 min x 7)
    Weight training (100 min; 25 min x 4)
    Calisthenics: flexibility (65 min; 15 min x 3, 5 min. x 4)
    Calisthenics: strength (20 min; 20 min x 1)

Eating:
    Follow "meal plan template" every day (in the "Notes" section of my Food Diary)
  • mobskee
    Options
    WEEK of 2/6 Comments: (sorry it's a little late...I need to step up my game :happy: )

Hi Ladies,

Everyone is doing such a wonderful job!! I am finally taking the time to read through everybody’s success stories!! So inspiring…love you ladies!!

@Mimi--Even though we didn’t hear from you for a little bit you were still rocking it! Way to exceed on your exercise goals and way to not binge!! You should be so proud!!

@Jess—You did a great job for how stressful last week was and almost met all of your goals! Keep it up lady…you’re doing fabulous!! Those two lbs will drop off in no time :wink: TOM is just not our friend :grumble: !

@Wimberley—Happy almost birthday!! I hope all of your wishes come true. I’ll be in Vegas on the 20th so I won’t have access to a computer :happy: I can’t believe you finished a 1200 ft climb…WOW! I’m a hiker but I haven’t attempted that yet. WTG!!! You are doing such a wonderful job!!

@Sammie—Glad that you’re not letting the .2 lbs get you down…it’s definitely TOM!! TOM is not scoring big points with me lately! You are doing so great on your goals every week!! That sodium is so hard to stay away from…what a great goal. I might have to steal it :tongue:

@Joy—Once again I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Glad to see that only a lb snuck in from eating southern foods…I’m pretty sure if I was in your shoes I would have had quite a gain. So good to see that you’re back on track…I bet you already lost some weight :wink: Stay strong and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
  • mobskee
    Options
    Hello Again,

I’m leaving for Vegas on Sunday before dawn and will be gone for 4 days with no access to the computer so I won’t be able to comment. I’m so excited but also a little scared :sick: I’ve seen the damage that one bad day of overeating can cause.

Because I’m leaving so early on Sunday and will have such a busy day tomorrow I would like to take care of next week’s goals tonight. I don’t even want to talk about this week’s goals :grumble: I only exercised once and have been eating very unhealthy all week!! Very ashamed :embarassed: of myself but I can only learn from my mistakes and move on. Still have two days to go and am going to try to be good.

My goals for next week are going to be 2 part...in Vegas goals and when I come back goals

While in Vegas:
    -->Althought it's going to be hard to log everyday I still want to try just to give me an idea (and I don't want to break my logging in streak)
    -->Stay away from sweats and fried foods (my only food restrictions)
    -->Walk, walk, walk to burn them calories off.
    -->Drink a glass of water after every 2 drinks :drinker: (I think that's reasonable)

After Vegas:
    -->Eat healthy no excuses! Considering a cleanse...
    -->At least a half a gallon of water per day
    -->Walk and shred every day...no excuses!

Wish me luck! I really hope I don't have a huge gain from this trip.

BTW...I will weigh in on Sunday morning and will log it in (using my phone) but if there is no loss it won't show you what it is on the message board...I will post it when I come back...I'm afraid I won't be in the mood to start up my computer at 3 o'clock in the morning :bigsmile:

One more thing...I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT MARDI GRAS!!!
  • jwerman
    Options
    This month has been a rollercoaster ride so far...emotionally and scale wise....but I'm still here!

Weight:
    1/30-195.5
    2/6-198
    2/13-192.5
    2/20-194

I was a little surprised at the scale this morning, glad to see up only by 1.5 lbs considering the binges early last week and lastnights dinner! My tattoo also was not as big of a hinderance as I thought it would be and has been healing well.

My goals:
    Finished my diary 5/7 (goal7/7)
    Sugars over by 5< 1/7 (goal3/7)
    Fresh fruit 4/7 (goal5/7)
    Fresh veg 9/7 (goal5/7)
    Cardio 5/7 (goal4/7)

Goals for this week:
    Finish diary 7/7
    Sugars over by 5< 5/7
    Fresh fruit-7/7
    Fresh Veg-7/7
    Cardio-5/7
    Strength/circuit training-3/7

I am trying my hardest this week to remember I am doing this for ME, and I am trying to block out the negative comments or just ignore the negative people....I am strong, and I will perservere!

Hope everyone has a great week! :)
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This month has been a rollercoaster ride so far...emotionally and scale wise....but I'm still here!

I totally understand that...it's been the same way for me!
    For this week my goals are to cut out junk food and eat less carbs! I've gotten into the mentality that since I have burned enough calories, I can eat whatever I want: cookies, cheetos cake....which is okay if it's only occasional but I have been choosing those foods way too much lately. And the more I junk I allow, the more junk I crave!

So less junk...more water at LEAST 8 glasses a day (have gotten out of that habit too)
    more veggies, less carbs
    C25k or other cardio 5/7
    strength training 3/7

I think I am going to put my scale away for a while. We have such a complicated relationship. lol For example, I was up 2-3 lbs all week, but then after eating a huge meal evening meal with cake two night in a row (and no exercise the second day) I was back down --had lost those extra pounds. I know it may have just been water weight or my weird fluctuations (which my body seems to do a lot) but I'm still figuring out how to eat my 1200 cals net and also how not to put so much focus on the scale. So I'm going to be judging my successes by daily obedience to exercise and cal intake....and not what that fickle scale is telling me. I don't want to give up and I'm thinking that's the best thing for me right now. I am going to measure myself though and see if there are any inches lost after a month of better decision making.
  • mobskee
    Options
    @Jess...So glad that you're still here! We need your support! Stay strong...don't let the negativity win! You're doing great! It's totally okay to have a little gain for one week. You have a loss for the month :drinker:

@Joy...I understaind the weird relationship situation you have with your scale. I'm in the same boat but I fell like I have to weigh myself every morning or I don't notice when I start gaining and when I see an unexplained gain it lets me know to drink more water but I do understand what you're talking about and how frustrating it can be. You're doing great though...Keep it up!

LAST WEEK'S SUMMARY:

So I did fabulous while in Vegas...drank my water, did my walking, made healthy eating choices, I even lost when I weighted myself the morning after I came back then my BF made a really salty soup and i gained 3 lbs overnight. Argh! So disapointing! I couldn't log while there because I barely got any reception on my phone...specially in my hotel room. Because of this I lost my logging in streak :sad:

My after Vegas goals were not met. I have not exercised once and wouldn't say that I've been eating healthy or drinking a lot of water.

THIS WEEK'S GOALS:

Exercise:
    Do the shred at least 5/7
    Walk 3/7

Food (daily):
    Log
    Stay under
    Eat breakfast
    East snacks between every meal
    Water (1/2 gal)
    Take vitamins

I kind of feel like my head is not in the game like it was at the begining of the year. I really need to get motivated again! As of today I haven't lost anything for the month of February...gotta give it a bigger push in March...summer is only 3 months away! Maybe somebody wants to do a weekly exercise challenge with me???

:heart: Start Weight 215:heart:
    January—8 lb loss

Feb. 6th-->207
    Feb. 13th-->205.2
    Feb. 27th-->207.4
  • jwerman
    Options

I totally understand that...it's been the same way for me!
    For this week my goals are to cut out junk food and eat less carbs! I've gotten into the mentality that since I have burned enough calories, I can eat whatever I want: cookies, cheetos cake....which is okay if it's only occasional but I have been choosing those foods way too much lately. And the more I junk I allow, the more junk I crave!

So less junk...more water at LEAST 8 glasses a day (have gotten out of that habit too)
    more veggies, less carbs
    C25k or other cardio 5/7
    strength training 3/7

I think I am going to put my scale away for a while. We have such a complicated relationship. lol For example, I was up 2-3 lbs all week, but then after eating a huge meal evening meal with cake two night in a row (and no exercise the second day) I was back down --had lost those extra pounds. I know it may have just been water weight or my weird fluctuations (which my body seems to do a lot) but I'm still figuring out how to eat my 1200 cals net and also how not to put so much focus on the scale. So I'm going to be judging my successes by daily obedience to exercise and cal intake....and not what that fickle scale is telling me. I don't want to give up and I'm thinking that's the best thing for me right now. I am going to measure myself though and see if there are any inches lost after a month of better decision making.

Sometimes I do the same things...exercise to eat junk AND rely HEAVILY on my scale! And like you sometimes the numbers on the scale don't match what the actions have been for the week...VERY frustrating!!
    I think you have a good plan Joy, YOU CAN DO IT!! WE CAN DO IT!! :wink:
  • jwerman
    Options
    @Jess...So glad that you're still here! We need your support! Stay strong...don't let the negativity win! You're doing great! It's totally okay to have a little gain for one week. You have a loss for the month :drinker:

@Joy...I understaind the weird relationship situation you have with your scale. I'm in the same boat but I fell like I have to weigh myself every morning or I don't notice when I start gaining and when I see an unexplained gain it lets me know to drink more water but I do understand what you're talking about and how frustrating it can be. You're doing great though...Keep it up!

LAST WEEK'S SUMMARY:

So I did fabulous while in Vegas...drank my water, did my walking, made healthy eating choices, I even lost when I weighted myself the morning after I came back then my BF made a really salty soup and i gained 3 lbs overnight. Argh! So disapointing! I couldn't log while there because I barely got any reception on my phone...specially in my hotel room. Because of this I lost my logging in streak :sad:

My after Vegas goals were not met. I have not exercised once and wouldn't say that I've been eating healthy or drinking a lot of water.

THIS WEEK'S GOALS:

Exercise:
    Do the shred at least 5/7
    Walk 3/7

Food (daily):
    Log
    Stay under
    Eat breakfast
    East snacks between every meal
    Water (1/2 gal)
    Take vitamins

I kind of feel like my head is not in the game like it was at the begining of the year. I really need to get motivated again! As of today I haven't lost anything for the month of February...gotta give it a bigger push in March...summer is only 3 months away! Maybe somebody wants to do a weekly exercise challenge with me???

:heart: Start Weight 215:heart:
    January—8 lb loss

Feb. 6th-->207
    Feb. 13th-->205.2
    Feb. 27th-->207.4
    Maria, So glad you're back and glad to hear things went well while you were in Vegas!
    I have been struggling to to keep my head in the game too (right now mostly because of work stress and TOM...those 2 lovelies ALWAYS make me want to binge eat!:grumble: ) BUT...I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'VE COME TOO FAR TO STOP, and so have you! WE CAN DO THIS!
    I would be glad to do a weekly exercise challenge with you. Maybe what i really need is a kick in the pants and some good sweat in the form of exercise! Let me know what you're thinking...:smile: