Your thighs on cheese... HAHAHA!

Options

Replies

• anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    lmao!!! someone get anthony a cheeseburger with extra stupidity but hold the pompous attitude please :flowerforyou:

128807958882883666.jpg
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I had a 3.87 GPA in the last degree I earned (I have three of them). I guess it is because I am a vegetarian.

But seriously, I always wondered why bringing up intelligence is such a sore point with most people. If I said I could leg press 340 lbs, would you be so upset and defensive? (I used to press that with ease - I am now 68 and not quite as strong.) I also used to run marathons. Is that a reason to be jealous? Why when someone talks about IQ is that sacrosanct? Seriously. Undoubtedly there are many of you out there who are stronger than me, but I am not jealous. But if you think someone is smarter than you, out come the accusations about being pompous and obnoxious.
    It's not your intelligence that rubs folks the wrong way. Your comments, on the other hand...

ETA: Intelligence does not equate to wisdom or grace. I place a higher value on the latter.
    Right, Fart Sandwich, you wisdom does shine through.
    Stuck on the image in my avatar, aren't you? Silly dinosaur.

omg!!!!!! silly dinosaur!!!! I'm going to get fired from work I just laughed so hard
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    lmao!!! someone get anthony a cheeseburger with extra stupidity but hold the pompous attitude please :flowerforyou:

128807958882883666.jpg

I peed!!! No really!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love cheese and will never give it up. But in saying that, it is also hard to eat in moderation. A "moderate" serving of cheese is the size of 2 dice cubes, why the hell eat cheese if I am going to that much of it. I would rather go with out meat than cheese any day.

^^^ So true of me, too. Cabot Seriosly Sharp??? ((droooooool))) But, as Nia Vardolos said, "I have to break up with cheese." I can't seem to eat it in moderation, and it's pretty dense with the calories. But if anyone ever tells me I have six months to live, I know what I'll be eating! haha
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cheese is fine. A fine food specimen that comes somewhere from heaven. Cannot exclude it!!!!!

I will agree that it's hard to regulate how much you consume of it while sitting around drinking wine and eating it with fig jam...sigh.

I'd like some cheese right now in fact...
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't think I don't also admire your name, Poo Hole.
    It's AlbertPooHoles. Wouldn't expect you to grasp it anyway.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    "Like I said, just read the posts. You don't need 20 year studies" HMMMMMM If I found a study that stated running straight to a wall and bouncing off of it is healhty and helps scare the cholesterol out Im guessing you would do it huh??? soooo gullible....

On another note my brother is a vegan and I have no problem with it he has his style of eating I have mine. Cheese and meat here are not the problem people its all the st$#id preservatives and chemicals added to it to keep it "fresh". Think about it we have people in small ranch/farm areas that actualy kill and prepare their meat fresh and have health better than many young ones living in the city. My grandmother for example she is over 98yrs old and can still sing and dance for you. Unfortunately most of our "healthy/organic food" is over priced here not making it affordable for us but hey moderation is the way to go and Im still not willing to give up my meat and cheese:happy:
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    Please, you would be the last person I would want defending Vegans, as if we need to be defended. Of course I don't respect your attitude, or your ability to reason, since it is self-contradictory. The sad fact about the human race is that by definition, 50% of humans have IQ's of 100 or less. My guess is most of those are not Vegan.
    Could you be more of a pompous *kitten*? I think not.

Oh my I am laughing so hard at all of this! Fart man you bring tears of laughter to me eyes :)
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'd say the thighs of the average cheese-eating French woman would beg to differ with this group's anti-cheese stance. If they can eat cheese and drink wine and still be fit, then so can I. All things in moderation, even moderation itself.

They interviewed the French Ambassador, and he says he loves cheese, and he is not fat.
    However, he eats cheese as a dessert, at end of meals, by itself. Never in sandwiches, etc.

That would explain why there are not as many obese in France as in the US:
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/hea_obe-health-obesity
    (France is #23, US is #1)

And there is definitively a trend upwards in the US for obesity: (maybe linked to increased use of Cheese?)
    obesity1-41.jpg
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    I'd say the thighs of the average cheese-eating French woman would beg to differ with this group's anti-cheese stance. If they can eat cheese and drink wine and still be fit, then so can I. All things in moderation, even moderation itself.

They interviewed the French Ambassador, and he says he loves cheese, and he is not fat.
    However, he eats cheese as a dessert, at end of meals, by itself. Never in sandwiches, etc.

And there is definitively a trend upwards in the US for obesity: (maybe linked to increased use of Cheese?)
    Quite a stretch...

Obesity is due to consuming too many calories, not eating too much cheese.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Quite a stretch...

I agree it may be a stretch to say Cheese is linked to increased obesity as shown, but not necessarily when you read this:
    http://pcrm.org/health/health-topics/cheese-facts-and-alternatives
    Americans eat more than 33 pounds of cheese per person per year—three times more than they did in 1970—and our country is more obese than ever.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options

Quite a stretch...

I agree it may be a stretch to say Cheese is linked to increased obesity as shown, but not necessarily when you read this:
    http://pcrm.org/health/health-topics/cheese-facts-and-alternatives
    Americans eat more than 33 pounds of cheese per person per year—three times more than they did in 1970—and our country is more obese than ever.
    I will not take info from PCRM as fact, as they are a biased vegan political group with links to PETA. No thanks!
  • VegesaurusRex
    Options
    "Like I said, just read the posts. You don't need 20 year studies" HMMMMMM If I found a study that stated running straight to a wall and bouncing off of it is healhty and helps scare the cholesterol out Im guessing you would do it huh??? soooo gullible....

Really, could you post a link to that study? Sorry, but believing that Vegetarians are smarter than non-vegetarians, is not only intuitive but but is now backed by at least three studies I have found. Why are you carnivores so sensitive about not being as bright as vegetarians. Seriously. Seriously, you must have seen that during your lives. And I bet you never knew there were scientific studies to show that vegetarians were smarter. See, nowyou know.
  • VegesaurusRex
    Options

Yeah, that's deep alright!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    Options
    Yeah, that's deep alright!
    Deep? No, never claimed it was. Hilarious? YES!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Why don't we read your studies instead? Your holier-than-thou pompous attitude is all anyone needs to read. I am willing to bet there is a postitve correlation between veganism and *kitten*-ism......eat a damn cheeseburger you'll feel better :wink:
    I seriously spit water out from laughing at this! You know, it's the attitudes of this particular vegan that would TURN OFF someone that might be on the fence about being vegetarian or not.

And she says "read the posts on this board" as if that proves one diet plan is better than the other. All the stuff posted here in purely opinions stated in some form or another.
    Thank God for the level-headed vegans out there, and knowing that the especially vocal, pushy, judgmental a**holes do not represent all of them.

I try to be a level-headed vegan, but it doesn't seem to matter here. Vegans of any type get mocked and harassed on these boards--even ones trying to simply discuss things in a non-threatening way. It seems our mere presence brings out a mean streak in some people.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Love the online stutter "but but" only shows your lack of confidence LOL!!

Plus you keep asking why people keep attacking vegan intelligence yet I mentioned nothing about it on my post and you seem to want to prove a point. Who are you really trying to convice?? Yourself??.....

I dont attack vegans, again my brother is one by choice and I dont attack him for it its his life more power to him. However I do despise stu*#dity and that my friend there is no treatment.

P.S. I have two degrees both graduated with honors and yes I have watched an animal get slaughtered and ate right after too.

Really, could you post a link to that study? Sorry, but believing that Vegetarians are smarter than non-vegetarians, is not only intuitive but but is now backed by at least three studies I have found. Why are you carnivores so sensitive about not being as bright as vegetarians. Seriously. Seriously, you must have seen that during your lives. And I bet you never knew there were scientific studies to show that vegetarians were smarter. See, nowyou know.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    lol!! thank you all so much I am willing to bet I burned a few calories with this laugh :laugh:

granted they were meat eating calories but calories nonetheless:blushing:

mmmmmm I want beef :love:

Like I said, you could read the studies or just read the posts on this board.

Why don't we read your studies instead? Your holier-than-thou pompous attitude is all anyone needs to read. I am willing to bet there is a postitve correlation between veganism and *kitten*-ism......eat a damn cheeseburger you'll feel better :wink:

Hope516 demonstrates the mean attitude I'm talking about. See above.
  • VegesaurusRex
    Options
    Love the online stutter "but but" only shows your lack of confidence LOL!!

Okay, psychobabble. You must be a psych major.

Plus you keep asking why people keep attacking vegan intelligence yet I mentioned nothing about it on my post and you seem to want to prove a point. Who are you really trying to convice?? Yourself??.....

Actually, I didn't start out trying to show vegetarians were more intelligent. I made the statement that 50% of the people had IQs of 100 or less. By defintion. And I spectulated,based upon experience that there were probably very few vegans in that group. Then one girl started to try to make fun of that idea with :laugh: so, I did a search and lo and behold, I found several studies that show that vegetarians really are smarter than everyone else. Serendipity I suppose, but it made my day!

I dont attack vegans, again my brother is one by choice and I dont attack him for it its his life more power to him. However I do despise stu*#dity and that my friend there is no treatment.

P.S. I have two degrees both graduated with honors and yes I have watched an animal get slaughtered and ate right after too.

Okay, I guess you feel the need to tell me that since you can't simply say you are a vegetarian and therefore smart.
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Semantics don't change the fact that it's disturbing and disgusting. If your pet was treated the way the animals are in the meat/dairy industry, I think people *might* cry out, "Murder!" I'll skip the vivid imagery......there are resources for that. Besides, I'm sure you've all seen it already and just don't give a rip, right? Okay.
    Right! :drinker:

Live and let live, Sweetheart!

Ha! Finally we agree! Live and LET LIVE!!!!!! I'm not killing anyone by sharing facts and opinions on the meat/dairy industries.
    Now, if we could all LET LIVE!!!!
This discussion has been closed.