Just started 30 Day Shred Today 6th Feb. Anyone takers?

Options

Replies

• laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    i am starting today and hoping to get the full 30 days done with no breaks! feel free to add me, I have been putting off starting as i have lost my tape measure and i wanted to take before and after measurements.. but today is the day!

Just use a piece of string and then use a construction measuring tape to determine how long the string is.
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in. I dusted off the dvd tonight and did level 1. Now I'm challenged to keep up with everyone.

~~~~~~~~~

Okay - I see you stopped allowing anyone to join. Next time, maybe. Thanks!
  • dancerman
    dancerman Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    hey @ tamara124

I am doing serious yoga class 4x a week + on the - 2 lbs a week level MFP proscribed....

I think I may have gained weight this week
    but 3 different folks asked me this weekend if I had lost weight!

calves are sore - ok here we go!
  • tiffydcb21
    tiffydcb21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting today and doing it everyday for 30 days! I had a baby in October and have been doing the elliptical regularly since being cleared from the dr but am finding it's going to be hard to fit it in with my work schedule and watching my kids since the machine is in the garage. I'm thinking it will be easier to do the dvd inside and will still do the elliptical each day possible but this way I'm still getting a good workout in even if I can't get on the elliptical. My goal will be to do it everyday but will be happy with 5 days a week if that's what ends up happening. Anyone can feel free to add me, the more motivation the better!! One other thing, how is everyone logging it for their exercise?
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I completed 30 Day Shred back in November. I just started my second month in a row of Ripped in 30, six days in now (or 36 days in, depending on how you want to look at it!). Again, good luck, don't quit, get it finished! :happy:
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Just so people know, The 30 Day Shred in Feb group is open to all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3072-30-day-shred-in-feb
  • sailormoonchld
    Options
    I will start tomorrow/Today as it's 330am here.. LOL I will try to post daily here to keep motivated! =)
  • ak21211
    ak21211 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ouch! day 2 today! at least i stuck to it even tho im in a little pain ... hubby was like ... bleeding hell, its only your 1st day! you got 29 more days to go! x
  • melanyjulie
    Options
    :love: too x
  • amyysmile
    Options
    I just finished day 1. I thought I was going to die! My arms are killing me more than anything. I have no strength in my arms. It hurts even to blow dry my hair. That's sad lol. I hope I can do it. I wish I had time to do it daily but I work 11in to 9 with no break 4
  • sweetzeta97
    Options
    Ill join..mine will be here from amazon on Thursday!!!
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing improvement from day 1 - I've just done day 4.

Keep at it!! you're doing really well :) I'm worried about ever being able to do a 'proper' push up.. I do them from my knees, I haven't done a full one since I was in my early 20's (I'm 40 now). lol I watched a little bit of level 2 and wish I hadn't.... lol
  • ak21211
    ak21211 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OOh not even taken a look at level 2! ... i was suprised that i can do 2 press ups (the normal ones!) after one day! I do use my knees tho ... woulnt be able to go on otherwise!
  • sailormoonchld
    Options
    As promised, I started today! I took a few little breaks.. Bad me... I mean I kept moving, but some of that stuff was definitely breathtaking! This only means I really need to keep exercising to build up my strength and endurance and definitely my stamina in working out! =( I will keep it up though! Hopefully by Day 30, I will be able to do all of it at least without getting so winded! =)
  • gem_cat
    gem_cat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i started yesterday, feb 7! now im sore as heck.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just started day 1. Wow what a great workout.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing improvement from day 1 - I've just done day 4.

Keep at it!! you're doing really well :) I'm worried about ever being able to do a 'proper' push up.. I do them from my knees, I haven't done a full one since I was in my early 20's (I'm 40 now). lol I watched a little bit of level 2 and wish I hadn't.... lol

FWIW, I think Level 2 is a bit easier than Level 1. I hate the section when you have to do jumping jacks, jump rope, repeat. I don't have bad knees, but that part is always a struggle for me. At least with Level 2, the cardio sections are a bit easier.
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done and boy can I feel it in my legs...
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Day 5 level 1 done. My weakest seems to be shoulders. I hate the side lunge where I have to lift the weights in front. Getting better @ the woosie push ups, have not tried a real one yet. Yes the jumping jack jump rope is killer! !