Crazy/funny/weird things you're scared of

Options

Replies

• stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of heights.......can't do anything that requires me going up high. I couldn't even enjoy our trip to the Gateway Arch when I was a kid....I'm short but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Clowns.
    And most bugs
  • Cylia
    Cylia Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have a deep rooted fear of z*mbies. I can't even type the word correctly...cause it makes me anxious. I must mention though when my friends pretend to be such I start crying but I do hit, kick and run. Essentially, I am scared witless but I will fight as a FYI.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    injections, or having blood drawn. Syringes of almost any kind. I got my husband a meat injector for Christmas that made me feel sick to even look at it. It was metal with big rings for your fingers to go through....shudder....

Ironically enough, I've been pierced and tattooed, those did not scare me at all. It's kind of like, the piercing/tattooing has an outcome I want, so I am OK. But medical/dental procedures where needles are involved, NO. No frickin way.

It's among the reasons I chose not to procreate. You know how many times they stick you when you are preggo? NuhUH
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    ants.. when i see them i feel like they're crawling all over me and i'm afraid they're going to get in my ears..

also phones.. i dont have a cell phone, i hate calling people... sometimes i have to call a cust, and i always cross my toes that hopefully i'll get the machine...
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love Ron Paul but fake eyebrows scare the bejeezus out of me...

ipodpics1323-1.jpg
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Latex balloons. The foil ones are fine, but I freak out over the latex ones.

I remember doing "How to" presentations in speech class in my first semester of college. Some girl did "How to make a balloon animal" and she was squeaking her balloon at the front of the room and I started having a mini panic attack in my chair. Then she proceeds to say, "And I have enough for all of you to try! :happy: " and pulls out a black trash bag full of blown up balloons.

I had to leave the room. :embarassed:
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i absolutley despise calling people on the phone. im a bit socially awkward in face-to-face interactions, and this is made 10x worse on the phone. i get nervous and talk too fast, and trip over my words a lot. im 20 years old, and i still get my mum to call people for me!

getting a filling at the dentist. thankfully i now have a dentist who numbs the area if she would have to do it (last year i had to get a filling replaced that had fallen out), but as a child i did not. just the thought of the drill in my tooth freaks me the hell out. im actually sitting here shivering just thinking about it. :frown:

walking up stairs at night. i know exactly when this started, and its so silly. as a child, when i was about 10 probably, i watched a crime tv show like CSI or something. in it, a child was killed when drive-by-shooters shot through his bedroom window at night when he was sleeping. our stairs directly faced our front door, which was all glass along with a big window beside it. walking up those stairs, i kept glancing backward out the window into the dark outside, terrified out of my mind that i would get shot!! it became so instinctual to look behind me over the years, and eventually bled into general fear, such as horror films. to this day i cant walk down the hallway to my bedroom in the dark.

have to add, because it makes me laugh. my mum has this fear of putting her hand in the freezer. she hates the feel of the ice on the sides. :laugh:
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Cotton. No not like a shirt... Like a cotton ball. So creepy and gross. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board. My brothers and sisters will forever make fun of me... As I'm sure some of you will. LOL.

My mom has this and my best friend growing up. She won't take it out with her fingers when she opens a pill bottle or whatever. Also the sound a cotton ball makes, like the squeaking when you rub it together, total makes them go bananas.

Yes... I tortured them both.

OMG I totally know that feeling... It does make a gross sound. When I disagree with my older sister she goes and gets the big bag of cotton balls from under her sink and throws them at me until I conform. AWFUL!!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I know they're fictional but... freakin' lephracauns! They scare the BEJESUS outta me!
  • Cueball55
    Cueball55 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    anything with more than 4 legs. ick.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    My friend is afraid of pool drains and the sound of someone brushing their teeth
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ok, this sounds weird but raisins......actually anything that reminds me of bug bodies-ok, so like a raisin looks like a fly body, a date looks like a cockaroach and a prune looks like a water bug body so those are definately hard for me to look at much less try to eat, actually just thinking about it right now is making my skin crawl!
  • tmg1323
    tmg1323 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I knew someone in college who was afraid of pancakes. Apparantly she had this recurring nightmare of a giant pancake rolling and chasing her. :) I'm not afraid of it, but Jello is kinda weird for me. Weird texture - not sure how to eat it - do you chew it? It's just super weird for me.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of a couple of things which I can't even mention for fear that someone will post or send me pictures of them.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I love Ron Paul but fake eyebrows scare the bejeezus out of me...

ipodpics1323-1.jpg

On a similar note: DENTURES. I know they're just fake teeth and it's perfectly normal for people to need them in later stages of life, but I had no idea what dentures were until I was on vacation visiting family and my grandfather, mid conversation, reaches in and removes his teeth altogether! I think I froze instantly with a look of horror on my face, noticed no one else acting as though anything was amiss, and slowly resumed pretending everything was normal. But it took a while before I would go near him again, which is a shame considering I've only spent a handful of days with him in my life and he's a great guy.
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i hate scary movies especially ones about ghosts. they FREAK me out to no end. i do not like the dark, i always think someone or something is hiding in the shadows, I HATE clowns. fish are freaky. they have no eyelids and just float around staring. and my wierdest i think is teeth. i can NOT watch people brush there teeth. it makes me sick to my stomach
  • gigibenton
    gigibenton Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Parking decks and gorillas
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Clowns.
  • ROCKERFOREVER81
    Options
    Scary movies and spiders.