50+ WOMEN for the month of JUNE

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    I need to set myself a new goal. Do you think 20 lbs by the end of summer would be too much. That would be 2 1/2 months.
    Vicki

Vicki, what worked for me was to set a very modest weight loss goal and very firm eating and exercise goals. If I exceeded my weight loss goal I was extra happy and I didn't set myself up for failure and sadness. I set other goals like how much water to drink, what new exercise to do, and planning and logging my meals ahead of time----things that I could force myself to do. My biggest goal continues to be to keep doing all these healthy things again today.:bigsmile:

I'm so happy for you that you reached a weight that starts with a 1
    you don't ever have to weigh something that starts with 2 ever again if you don't want to.

Barbie
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Please forgive me if I didn't get this all right!

Barb, thanks for the suggestion on how to post! I wish I had found this oout a long time a go! Glad your friend is getting better and hop you are able to get some sleep!

Barbie, I also appreciate your posting about your being able to walk away from sweets! I hate the way I feel when I get into them but I still have the problem! I will conquer it! So sorry to hear about your dog groomer! I know you will miss her!

Debbie, are you using just the WII FIT or do you have the personal trainer? I really need to get mine out on the days that I don't go to Curves.

Vicki, it sounds like you have done so well on your trip! What an inspiration you are! Your sharing is just what I needed to hear! Thank You!

Heather, thanks for sharing the notes on drinking water, it is one of those things that you can't hear too often! I am right there with you when it comes to those cravings! Someday!!!

Ann, I love your solution for the apple!LOL

Laurie, congrats on your 1 pound loss! That is really great!

Debbie, How fun to go to the hay farm and take a roll in the hay! I have never done that and I doubt as though any of my kids have done it. Hope you had a wonderful fun filled day!

Vicki, congrats on being in onderland! Great job!

Benson, you are right...that was a crime, what is this world coming to? Haven't they been saying that forever?

Doobiedoo, You are right, you and Vicki and maybe even me can do this and never look back at the 200's!

Ellen, so sorry for your loss!

Well, I have 3 weeks from today until we leave for Mexico for my son's wedding! That is 21 days and only 28 pounds to go! I think maybe that is not a realistic goal! It is so funny, everyone who is going to the wedding is on a diet and guess what? They will all look just like they have always looked...they are skinny people! LOL!!
    Sandi:flowerforyou:

'
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:flowerforyou:

Late getting on here tonite because I had such a busy day. Laundry, cutting grass, cleaning and packing up. Only one more day and we hit the road. I am very excited even though the weather is forecasting rain for the whole time we are away:noway: . I refuse to let the idea of a damp weekend dampen my spirits:bigsmile: . I have planned healthy menu's, packed my workout clothes(and rain gear) even some pilates DVD's and resistance bands:happy: .

My knee is still giving me some pain so I have been taking it easy and not been doing anything to strenous as not to aggravate it. Although pushing the lawnmower today did not make it very happy.

Hugs to those of you going through some difficult and challenging times right now:brokenheart: I understand your pain and send you my prayers.

Take care and blessings to all:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,:flowerforyou:

I CAN'T EAT JUST ONE PIECE OF CHOCOLATE, BUT I SAW THIS BAG OF MIXED DRY FRUITS AND IT LOOKED GOOD. I FIGURED 120 CALORIES IN 1/3 CUP. I CAN DO THAT AND IF I LIKE IT,I CAN ADD IT TO MY NEW HEALTHIER TREATS LIST. WELL I ATE THE WHOLE BAG FOR A TOTAL OF 600 CALORIES.:explode: I DID NOT FOLLOW MY RULE OF MEASURING AND PUTTING THE REST AWAY.
    MAYBE SOMEWHERE DEEP INSIDE MY MIND,I WANTED TO EAT IT ALL. HAD A HIGH CALORIE DINNER PLANNED SO, I DECIDED TO EAT LIGHT INSTEAD. (I WAS FULL FROM THAT BAG OF FRUIT ANYWAY). WHILE I WAS ONLY OVER MY CALORIE GOAL BY 200 FOR THE DAY, IT WAS THE LACK OF
    CONTROL THAT BOTHERED ME THE MOST. I KNOW BETTER. WHAT'S THAT SAYING, WHEN YOU KNEW BETTER, YOU DID BETTER.:blushing: I DO KNOW HOW TO FORGIVE MYSELF , GET RIGHT BACK TO BUSINESS, ETC. SO I WILL.

VICKI, I FOUND IN TALKING TO LOTS OF FOLKS WHO LOST TONS OF WEIGHT THAT THEY HAVE TWO WAYS TO SET GOALS. ONE GROUP LIKES THE CHALLENGE AND THEY SET IT HIGH OR AT LEAST MAKE IT A GOAL THEY MAY OR MAY NOT REACH. THE OTHER SETS IT LOW SO THEY ARE
    NOT DISAPPOINTED. THEY SEEM TO FEEL THAT IT WILL BE A FAILURE FOR THEM IF THE NUMBER ON THE SCALE IS NOT WHAT THEY WENT FOR. I SET MINE A LITTLE HIGH AND IF I DON'T MAKE IT, I DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. MY GOAL IS TO HAVE A HEALTHY CHOICE DAY EVERY DAY. IF I HAD MOSTLY GOOD DAYS,I FEEL I DID EVERYTHING I COULD AND SHOULD DO. NO PROBLEM FOR ME IF THE SCALE DOES NOT COOPERATE. YOU ARE SO MOTIVATED AND THE WEIGHT YOU ARE RIGHT NOW, I THINK YOU CAN DO 2LBS A WEEK. CONGRATULATIONS ON
    GETTING BELOW 200, I KNOW THE FEELING. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

WISHFUL, WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU HAVE AS MANY GOOD DAYS AS POSSIBLE. IT'S VERY HARD TO DO 1200 CALORIES A DAY. HERE AND THERE IF YOU GO OVER,IT WON'T MAKE THAT
    MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE. REMEMBER IT TAKES 3500 CALORIES TO GAIN ONE POUND. YOU HAVE LOST 4LBS SINCE JOINING IN MAY. CONGRATULATIONS ON THAT.:flowerforyou:

DEBBIE, I CAN UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GYM.. THAT IS WHY I LIKE PLANET FITNESS THE BEST. THEY HAVE YOUNG, OLD, FAT, THIN, TALL AND SHORT. IT IS A VERY COMFORTABLE PLACE TO BE. SO VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOU LOST YOUR DAUGHTER IN LAW.
    YOUR SON IS SO LUCKY TO HAVE YOUR HELP.:flowerforyou:

ELLEN, SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. TAKE CARE.:heart:

BARBIE, BABY STEPS IS THE WAY TO GO. I AM STILL MAKING LIFETIME CHANGES. IT FEELS SO
    GOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH EVERY DAY.:smile:

SANDI, KEEP GOING AND WHATEVER YOU LOSE, IT WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT. ALSO, YOU WON'T FEEL THAT BLOATED FEELING WE HAVE WHEN WE ARE EATING TOO MUCH. WHAT GIVES WITH THESE SKINNY PEOPLE ANYWAY? THEY LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY "OH GOSH, I HAVE TO LOSE WEIGHT". :noway:

GOALS FOR TODAY:
    DRINK ALL MY WATER
    MEASURE MY TREATS
    DO AS MUCH EXERCISE AS POSSIBLE
    DON'T GO OVER MY 20 WW POINTS

HAVE A SUCCESSFUL DAY GIRLS.:flowerforyou:

:heart: ANNE
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!
    Well, I'm swamped with blueberries-my youngest son has been working with blueberry farmers and brought nearly 6 quarts home. I've already given away 4 pints, we've made a cobbler, and I still have a crazy amount of blueberries to freeze and consume! They are yummy, though.
    Anne, thanks for the encouragement...you have such a lovely way with words. I was surprised to see that I've lost another 1/2 pound, which the computer thoughtfully rounded up to a total of 5 pounds!
    Ellen, I've been thinking about your family loss. Nine years old is a tough age to lose a mother, so much of life still ahead.
    On a happier note, I get to go to Williamsburg in July. I've always wanted to go. (I'm a history nut.). I've never been to Virginia. Any touristy ideas anyone?
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Just finished catching up on all of you. Seems everyone is very focused this month in spite of the things life continues to send our way. Way to go ladies! :flowerforyou: I may not respond to each of you individually, but I am inspired by the things you share here. It IS harder to lose weight when you reach our age, but you are all proving it is DOABLE. You have taught me it is all about making good choices and staying focused on the goal no matter how many times you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over. Reminds me of a story Joyce Meyer told once that goes something like this:
    "Once there was a farmer who had a donkey. One day this donkey fell into a deep well. At first the donkey brayed piteously. The farmer couldn't figure out any way to get the donkey out and besides he was an old donkey and not of much use any more. So he just decided to cut his losses, bury the donkey in the well and dig a new one. So he called his neighbors over to help him.

Well, the area farmers came with their shovels and began to pitch dirt into the well. The donkey began to bray all the more. He complained about falling in the well, and how his master had just given up on him, how no one cared and that there was no hope of him ever getting out of the well alive. The donkey brayed loud and long as each shovel full of dirt landed on his back.

Then suddenly everything got very quiet. The donkey hushed. All you could hear was the sound of dirt being shoveled into the well. (It’s hard to hear from God when you are moaning and complaining.) Then they heard a snort. The donkey got a revelation from God. He quit complaining. He began to shake off the dirt as it was dumped on him and then step up on it. It took a long time and an awful lot of shaking, but eventually the donkey stepped right out of the well onto solid ground.”

I couldn't stand it any longer, so I weighed and measured this morning. I started all this on a Thursday back in February, so in reality this is my official weigh and measure day anyway. (I kept changing ti to fit the first of the month.) Well, I am sitting here with this big ol grin :bigsmile: on my face for after 17 weeks at MFP I am finally out of the "obese" category on the BMI chart and down into the "overweight" one! Seventeen weeks and 16 pounds. Only 40 more to go to reach my target weight.

Last night I had another major victory. Hubby was going to his parents house to do a bit more on the bathroom remodel. Normally I would go with him, but had been craving chocolate all day. So in light of my lack of will power and his Mom's vast array of candy and cookies, I stayed home. I still don't understand why Tuesday was such an easy day and then I did nothing but crave chocolate all day Wednesday.... Anyway staying home and away from the high calorie goodies was something I would not have been focused enough to do not too long ago. I did treat myself to a chocolate pumpkin muffin middle of the afternoon, so I DId get a chocolate fix.

Time to sweat with Bob and then pound the pavement. Have a great Thursday on purpose ladies! :drinker: :happy:
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Thanks for the story, Susan, so true. We can make lemonade instead of letting the lemons make us sour;

Thanks for taking the time to share, Anne. You are an encouragement.

So many of you said you would be praying for Ethan and family. Thank you.
    Have a good day all, will try to check in again later.

Ellen
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies;

I have been missing from the post for quite some time. I do when I get a chance read all your posts and enjoy them a great deal. What motivation! :drinker:

Ellen, I am so sorry for your loss and will surely pray for Ethan and your whole family.

Anne, I am so sorry to read about your foot problems, I can tell from your posts your attitude is still great. Surely understand your frustration with the morning of many spills. Things do seem to come in waves.

I am still holding on my weight but not gaining any. I am good on my bum foot most of the time and continue to walk and do intervals. I am ramping exercise up as nothing is moving and that is the one area I was getting lax in. We are having a great summer, enjoying the grandkids, and time with our children.

Thank you Kathy for your concern, all is well here just working alot so I am unable to post very much.

Thanks for being a blessing ladies.

Alice
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Anne - I've done the same thing with a bag of cinnamon sugar pita chips......counted out my 13 and THEN gone back and ate the rest of the bag:explode: just craziness! Anyway - none of us are perfect - the good news is that it WASN'T the chocolate:flowerforyou: So that's a small victory in itself!

Sorry everybody i've been so out of touch - i just go from work to house to yard (after 10 days of rain the weeds are knee high:noway: to bed!:laugh: I haven't even had time to READ all the posts.

Congrats to everyone who is losing weight - i'm staying pretty steady right now - can't get rid of those last 3 pesky pounds.....

Ellen - so sorry about your loss.

I hope everyone who has had health issues are healing!!!!!! I'll be BACK! :heart: elli
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:flowerforyou:

I started reading from where I left off and only got through a few pages. I looks like we have so many new faces. That is fantastic. Welcome all:flowerforyou:

I sure miss chatting on here. I hope to get back in the swing of things soon.

I am finally done with my yellow sub. Thank God!. The hardest part was keeping it upright. After all cardboard from two washing machine boxes was a difficult task. I had to piece so many parts together. I am not charging for this so I was using material that was given to me. Of course I had the paint. :laugh:

Now, I will be back to the building next week. I am taking a much need break from painting. Well, the weather around here is pretty dreary (rain, rain, rain) so that has not helped either.

I had to focus on my flowers. Weed city. That is almost done. Actually, some weeds almost flowered.

Plus, my Mom & Dad have been needing more help lately. So, I have been with them quite a bit. I just love them. They are my best friends. My Mom has such a hard time with her eyes from her diabetes and my Dad does not understand how hard she has it. He still thinks she can clean the house as if she was in her 70's. She is 84 & he is 77. My mom is always saying I can't wait to see how he acts when he's 84. I find that so cute. Thank God they are very active people. They both still dance. :flowerforyou:

Well, on my weight loss:tongue: I have managed to stay the same. Some days I would go up and then other days go down. But, all in all I am maintaining. :bigsmile: My exercise has kept me in line.

Believe me even though I have not been on this post you all are very much in my thoughts. I think about you all often. That really helps me stay focused. I do fall off but I seem to be bouncing back up. I fall but I don't roll down the hill anymore:wink: Usually, when I hit the bottom I'm much bigger from all the food that sticks to my body:noway: :laugh:

Hopefully I can catch up with more reading but I read so slow that it might not happen. :grumble: :grumble:

Time to go!!!!

Hope to be back tomorrow.

:heart: Kathy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Jake is sick and is spending the day in bed. :sad: :sad: The dogs and I are trying to be quiet. It’s so hot outside that we don’t want to go out until it cools off. I walked for almost 90 minutes this morning until it got too hot.

:flowerforyou: Sandi, in the three weeks until you leave for your son’s wedding I hope you will be thinking about strategies to eat smart and exercise while you are there. I’ve been traveling quite a bit since I started MFP and it helped me to have an eating plan for the days I wasn’t at home. It’s easier in an RV but we even found some things that worked while we were in a hotel. Congratulations on your son’s upcoming marriage and good luck to you on your healthy eating.

:flowerforyou: Marie, I hope your trip turns out great. It sounds like you’ve made some great plans.

:flowerforyou: Anne, I had a similar challenge with dried fruits. We got a beautiful basket of dried fruit as a gift in December and even though I repacked it in snack bags, I still overdid it. We all know that chocolate is a problem, but fruit seems so harmless. The current treat in the fridge is smoked salmon. I’ve already weighed it and checked the calories on MFP but I haven’t split it into serving sized portions.

:flowerforyou: Wishful, blueberries are so good for you. I like them best in cereal or with fat free yogurt. We’ve never been to Williamsburg but we hope to get there someday.

:flowerforyou: Susan, congratulations on getting out of the obese range and congratulations on all your success so far. I’ve been reading your posts for awhile and I know how hard you’ve worked even with bumps in the road along the way.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Ellen, I am so sorry for your loss.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Alice, it’s good to hear from you again. I have to remind myself that even if someone doesn’t post, they may be reading the posts and continuing to be part of the group

:flowerforyou: Elli, for people like us, staying at the same weight is a victory. That has been my downfall for years----eating healthy, not losing weight, then saying “what’s the use?” and going back to my old ways and gaining a ton of weight.

:flowerforyou: Heather, thank you for that great post about drinking water. I’ve had three cups of water since I started writing this post. A few years ago after a rocky time in our marriage, my husband and I decided to have a date night once a week. Until we started with MFP, our date was almost always going out to eat. Now that we’ve given up recreational eating, we’ve had to be more creative about what we do. We’ve gone on some great drives and visits to tourist attractions in our own community. I hope you and your husband will get the plan on track soon.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, your yellow submarine sounds so great and so challenging. Enjoy your time with your mom and dad. Even if they live to 100 it won’t be long enough. They are so lucky to have you.
    :bigsmile:

And to all the other motivated pals, I wish you another day of healthy choices. Together we can continue to succeed.

Big hugs,:heart::heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :drinker: hello and good evein its 7:07 pm here well today was a supper busy day yep myself to my hubby on his desk has a bag that i have not touch and been real proud of myself will today it seem everytime i walk by i grab a few and i said i will only have a couple hersey minutures. that couple was many couples hum cause i needed some choclate.:love: i was picking out the ones with the peanuts in them and telling myself protein. does work though i think i had about 2 doz all together.. ok i am heading to my sewing machine i am teaching myself how to emboriary i am doing names on tee shirt everyone is off doing there own thing so i get some craft time.everyone have a blessed evening love debbie and family

my goal for the day
    water
    and move
  • ballred57
    ballred57 Posts: 16
    Options
    You are all great and so inspiring, Thanks for keeping me focused. It's been a busy week with several things that could have derailed me, but I was able to stay on plan because of all of you... Not feeling so alone. In July I'll post some goals and really get going. Thanks again. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So how do I join this group? Just start chatting?
  • max098
    max098 Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group. My name is Jayne, 56 years old and live in New Hampshire and have been looking to make friends on MFP to share successes along with challenges we older ladies face. A little more difficult to lose weight as we age and our bodies change, but I know with a little support we can do this, once and for all.

Have a good day.

Jayne
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    This is my first week on the South Beach Diet and also my 66th birthday. I lost 7 pounds!! SB is good for me and I'm not getting hungry.

229395.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Patsigirl
    Patsigirl Posts: 16
    Options
    Does the ticker come up automatically? I'm having to go back and copy and paste. How does this thing actually work? :embarassed:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    A VERY GOOD MORNING TO ALL:flowerforyou:

WISHFUL, YOU ARE WELCOME. BLUEBERRIES ARE SO HEALTHY. I LOVE THEM. ENJOY.
    HALF A POUND GONE, GREAT!:flowerforyou:

SUSAN, A LOUD YIPPEE FOR YOU. :flowerforyou: DON'T YOU JUST DESPISE THE WORD OBESE?
    IT'S A SHAME YOU HAVE TO MISS BEING WITH YOUR HUSBAND AND HIS FAMILY BECAUSE OF
    THOSE DARN CANDIES AND COOKIES. CAN MIL PUT THEM OUT OF SIGHT? IF MY DIL ASKED
    ME TO DO THAT, I WOULD DO IT IN A HEART BEAT. MAYBE YOU COULD TRY EXPLAINING IT
    TO HER.

ELLEN, THINKING OF YOU AND PRAYING FOR ETHAN AND YOUR FAMILY. :heart:

ALICE, GLAD TO HEAR FROM YOU. THAT'S GOOD THAT YOU ARE MAINTAINING YOUR LOSS.:flowerforyou: KEEP ENJOYING YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR SUMMER.

ELLI, ALWAYS NICE WHEN YOU CHECK IN. ONLY 3LBS TO GOAL. COME ON ELLI, GET RID
    OF THEM. IT WILL GIVE YOU SUCH A POWERFUL FEELING TO COMPLETE YOUR WEIGHT
    LOSS JOURNEY WITH A VICTORY, A TOTAL VICTORY.:flowerforyou:

KATHY, CONGRATS ON FINISHING THE SUB. YOUR PARENTS SOUND EXCEPTIONAL. THEY
    SURE RAISED A LOVING AND CARING DAUGHTER.:heart: GLAD YOU ARE HOLDING ON TO
    YOUR WEIGHT LOSS AND GETTING EXERCISE. GOOD FOR YOU.:flowerforyou:

BARBIE, SORRY JAKE IS ILL, HOPE HE FEELS WELL SOON. I JUST NOTICED YOUR PICTURE.
    YOU LOOK WONDERFUL. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

DEBBIE, DON'T TEMPT YOURSELF WITH CANDY OUT IN THE OPEN LIKE THAT.:noway: KEEP IT OUT OF SIGHT. FORGIVE YOURSELF AND KEEP ON GOING. :smile:

BJERKINS AND JAYNE, WELCOME, JUMP RIGHT IN. GLAD TO HAVE YOU JOIN US.:smile:

PATSIGIRL, WOW! 7LBS LOST. CONGRATULATIONS.:flowerforyou: I AM NOT GOOD AT
    GIVING INSTRUCTIONS, SO I WILL LET SOMEONE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE EXPLAIN THE
    TICKER. BARB, WHERE ARE YOU? CAN YOU HELP WITH THIS? OF COURSE YOU CAN. :smile:

HAVE A HAPPY HEALTHY DAY EVERYONE.
    :heart: ANNE
  • momof10
    momof10 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    :drinker: tea time good morning to all welcomes to all the new people who are coming on board here. this has been a wonderful place to be a part of and you will all enjoy. i have a nother small story most i my life i have been with children starting babysitting at 12 and than 18 started my own famiy and still today i babysit.. i have friends but we all do phone calls every now and than and a few times a year see each other... i just want to thank everyone here because talking and i feel like we are all hanging out with each other everyday has made a big differents in what i have been doing.. i am not then only one working hard to get healthy and its not like going to the gym and i am the only roly poly there.. so again and many times more i will be saying whoever started this place i thank you dearly..

anne thank you for the support you give each one of us.. that is so thoughful

patsi sometimes when i am posting there is a red x on my and if i click on it my ticker comes on

janye welcome on board and good morning i live down here in mass. how do you like our rain

bjerkins welcome and just start chatting nice to have you onboard

kathy you make me sing beatles song that is so cool i would love to see this it sounds so awsome

ok my daughter is telling me i have been on to long and she thought i need to do some dusting or vacuming did i mention she is ten.. think she wants the comp ok everyone have a nice day love debbie and family

barbie i'll trade you some sun for our rain but my daugthers and i are going to take out thee unbellsa and go for a small walk as long as the winds are ok

ballied57 this is a wonderful place small goals one i have learn and to drink lots of water if you go and read some of the past post you will read about some good water thoughts.. :drinker: :drinker:
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    thank you Anne for the pep talk - i think i needed that! I know i'm tending to be a little "sloppy" right now - this close to the end. I DO need to get rid of the 3 silly pounds!!!!!!:happy:

Welcome to all the newbies! This is a great place to be!

Barbie - i LOVE your new picture! You look so fit! Sorry Jake is sick. I hope he's better this morning.

Heading out to Home Depot in a bit for yet MORE supplies. My son Dakota was by this morning (to pick up the dump trailer that is friend has been so graciously letting me use) and saw the house for the first time since we got the drywall up - he was excited so that was fun!!!!

Have a great friday everyone, and if i don't get to visit over the weekend a great weekend as well!!!!!!