Crazy/funny/weird things you're scared of

Options

Replies

• Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    grasshoppers.... they have sticky little legs and buggly little eyes... and they are just creepy. I am fine with every other kind of insect/bug thing but grasshoppers oh dear god.

We have these giant grasshoppers here. They're disgusting. I'm not a fan of crickets. Our son thinks it's hilarious to pick them up and bring them to mommy.
  • littlebluej
    littlebluej Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have tokophobia - I'm terrified of pregnancy and childbirth. And I also just really don't like kids under the age of ~5.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    grasshoppers.... they have sticky little legs and buggly little eyes... and they are just creepy. I am fine with every other kind of insect/bug thing but grasshoppers oh dear god.

We have these giant grasshoppers here. They're disgusting. I'm not a fan of crickets. Our son thinks it's hilarious to pick them up and bring them to mommy.

I would die, a few years ago we had this big grasshopper population they were all over the buildings and cars and stuff and I had to go into a Dr's office and the door was completely covered. I actually stood outside the door for over 15 minutes waiting on the door to open because I could NOT go near it lol My niece does the whole pick a grasshopper up and put it on me just to hear me scream like a little girl lol.

Feeder crickets are horrible too, I used to have frogs and I couldn't do the crickets - they are far to much like grasshoppers, so I went in and explained my issue to the guy at the pet store and he goes, try gold fish, they last longer and you don't have to touch them lol
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Squirrels......*shudder* :noway:
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Spiders and Bridges. My husband used to make fun of me but when the bridge that our son uses often and we use oocasionally (in Minneapolis) collapsed a few years ago I got my, "Hah, Ya see!!!!???!," moment. There is a reason that we fear thngs.
    I also hate to fly. I only do it when I have to. I am not a bird.
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I hate fish! Live fish not fish fillets or fish sticks! I have this recurring dream where I am walking past a fish tank and is gets smashed and all these fish are flopping all over me! I hate them. My friend's mother growing up had a beautiful fish pond, I could not go near it. It literally made me sick! I would admire it from a distance! Weird, I know!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    FROGS!!!! I will go the other direction to avoid frogs!

Big moths...the little ones are ok.

Man holes in the street or grates on the sidewalk. I will NOT walk on them. Im terrified I will fall thru.

Driving next to Big Rigs.

The "pop" when you open a can of biscuts.

The sound of someone grinding their teeth!!! Makes me sick to my stomach to hear that!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Man I am terrified of snakes....I cant even watch them on tv
  • mimirenea
    Options
    Anything that pops. Like a balloon or Jack in the Box. Even the biscuit can. I get really bad anxiety and have to get someone to open it. I can't look into a mirror at night. My sister tramatized me when I was 5 by locking me in the bathroom and screaming Bloody Mary while I panicked and clawed the door. I swear mirrors are evil!!! And bees, even though Ive never been stung.
  • brettle1
    brettle1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Rodents...especially rats and mice! I absolutely hate pigeons! I'm not very fond of fish either. I'll eat some fish, but I don't like ones that are alive. I have nightmares of being surrounded by fish while swimming in a lake or ocean. It totally freaks me out to be around a loud eater. If a person slurps or smacks, OMG it drives me nuts! I'm also terrified of my hair falling out. haha, I know that one will eventually happen.
  • Jamie145
    Jamie145 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    MOTHS.
    CLOWNS.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    spiders - even the smallest of ones and dying!
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    FROGS!!!! I will go the other direction to avoid frogs!

Big moths...the little ones are ok.

Man holes in the street or grates on the sidewalk. I will NOT walk on them. Im terrified I will fall thru.

Driving next to Big Rigs.

The "pop" when you open a can of biscuts.

The sound of someone grinding their teeth!!! Makes me sick to my stomach to hear that!

I forgot about frogs!!! They scare the crap out of me. I wear glasses and in the middle of the night I went to use the bathroom and I do not put my glasses on to go. I sat down on the toilet and saw something near my foot on the floor. I got ready to pick it up because I thought it was a piece of lint or something and it was this tiny little frog!! I freaked out crying and screaming for my husband and he came and got rid of it, but all I could think of was what if I stepped on that...ewwww!
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    Elvis.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Balloons. Just when you get comfortable around them.....

*POP*

scares the crap outta me :(

I am SO FREAKIN' GLAD I'm not the only one with this fear.
  • the5thsister
    Options
    Birds....I hate birds. They're unpredictable, and they flap all about like crazy things. And I'm pretty sure they're just waiting for the moment that you let your guard down so they can peck your eyes out !! It certainly entertains my kids (grrrr), but I feel much better after reading all the posts !!
  • langababy
    langababy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heights
    Being tickled
    cockroaches
    and pointy objects (I'm always afraid that they will poke me in the eyes)
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fish terrify the crap out of me. Really, all aquatic creatures, bust especially fish. I just overcame it enough to not mind being in the same room as fish tanks or visiting an aquarium. Putting any part of my body in a lake, river, ocean, or pond where I could come into contact with a fish? FORGET IT.
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Crickets- you never know where they are gonna hop... I won't get close enough to squash them either... had one hop on me before and bout passed out..... shudder...

Bridges- doesn't matter what kind...small ones, long ones... all of them- I close my eyes when we have to travel over one- makes it really difficult if I am driving...lol
  • jessie580
    Options
    BALLOONS also :(
    freaking hate them