THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 20!!

Options

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Evening Team,

Yep it's me bringin up the rear!!! LOL but at least this time I have good new!!! I have accually lost!!! wooo hooo....

indianagranny - sw216.2/gw160/cw182.2 -3.4 pounds lost
    Lorann sw 285 / gw 145 / cw 259 7 lbs lost
    manda1111 SW 198, GW 135, CW 174 = 0 loss
    prayerfulmom -2
    stillkristi sw 461/ gw 195 / cw 382.5 - 5.5
    adopt4 - on maintenance this month - no gain
    nitag - SW 220/ GW 145/ CW 184.5 - .5 lbs...
    aprilrenee- SW(245) GW (150) CW (235) that is a 3 lb loss from last week....
    cyndee - SW 136 GW 115 CW 129 -- 1 pound gain
    sheila - SW 329 GW 150 CW 285 - 2 pounds Loss!!!! woo hoo might not be much but its something!!!

sorry it took me so long to post.. but I have been running around all day with my sister..then I got home at 7 and had to hurry up and cook dinner for my kids.... I just cooked chicken fajita's and some tostadas.. they were happy...

well I sure do miss my computer!!! being on it when I want!!! well chat with you all tomorrow..

take care hope everyone is having a Great Weekend It is storming here bad... my 8 yr old is wanting to sleep in our bed cuz its so bad.... oh boy...

Sheila
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome pawprint!

If you're looking for motivation and support while you develop a healthier lifestyle, this is the right place.

Today (Friday) is our weigh-in day. We show starting weight SW, goal weight GW, and current weight, and whether that is a loss or gain.
    The rest of the week, we come here to chat, motivate, support each other, share joys and sorrows...

And now I'll go and add you as a friend...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    ROFL... sorry guys but I just had to share these couple of pictures I got tonight. This is the howler, who has actually become most affectionate of the bunch lately and is using the litter box all by himself now along with eating real food like a pig. He is so hilarious and loves shoes and hubby had no sooner taken his boots off when he started climbing them then got inside and went to sleep.. LOL!!!

Here ya go...

photo-7.jpg
    "I haz boot fetish"

photo-8.jpg
    "I iz puss in boot"
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    prayerfulmom -2
    sheila - SW 329 GW 150 CW 285 - 2 pounds Loss!!!! woo hoo might not be much but its something!!!
    healthymom - SW208 GW150 CW179 - 1 pound lost. First move of the scale in 3 weeks!:bigsmile:

I convinced hubby to make my half of the pizza with spinach and feta tonight. He was a little sparce on the toppings (its spinach for heaven's sake!) but tasted good anyway. I also enjoyed a crunchy snack of dry cereal when the kids snacked on cookies this afternoon. Learning to substitute healthy food for the cravings I have.

Oh yah, went biking tonight for fun. I would have never rode a bike 30 lbs ago. Wonder what I will try when I lose another 30????

ps - li4g - awesome job on the wogging!!!!! Keep it up girl. We can both cheer when we hit the 15 min. mark. I'm still working on that too. :flowerforyou:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    YAY mom!!!

Ok, that settles it... if we dont get the downpour tomorrow like we got today I am diggin out hubbys bike and going for a ride. If its pourin, its off the gym for me, but if its not... I am definitely gonna enjoy the outdoors!!!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom -2
    lulubar-SW205 GW 145 CW191 - gained 4 lbs!!

Well, evidently I found what you guys lost!! Although, I just don't know how a 4 lb. gain is possible!?!?:noway: But, I have to take the hills with the valleys, so I'm changing my ticker to reflect it:blushing:

It's after midnight here ~ I'm off to bed. We are having a big anniversary party tomorrow ~ lots of friends and family coming in the evening for backyard burgers, brownies, and bocci ball! Also have a corner for darts and the croquet game is set up ~ my brothers-in-law and the grown nephews LOVE to play kamakazi croquet ~ don't ask, it's crazy:bigsmile:

Indiana ~ sending you energy, prayers for peace, and lots of positive thoughts for a fabulous walk and a healing time for you.:heart:

Hey Team!!!!! You are the best bunch of losers I ever hung out with!!!! :love:

lulu:heart:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Hey Team!!!!! You are the best bunch of losers I ever hung out with!!!! :love:

lulu:heart:

Im not only a loser, Im a quitter also.... as of an hour ago! :laugh: :laugh: :happy:

If you thought I was chatty before, be prepared.....Im gonna have to do SOMETHING with my hands :wink: Im going at this cold turkey...
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah - LI4G, GREAT start on the thread - love it. Also, wanted to say how much I enjoyed your photo website! What beautiful pics you have made AND what a great job you did on the web site too! I love the photos of the canyons! Breath-taking!

Edit: Okay, just posted then read your post about quiting smoking! Yayyyy you! I'm here for you friend! You can do it!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks lulu!!

Those canyons are near Las Vegas! Would love to go hike around the ones at Red Rock. Its a pretty neat place to go and its only about a 30 minute drive from the strip. :love:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Cyndeebee - I hope you have a good reunion today. Enjoy the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LI4G - Good - Luck with the quitting. My prayers are with you. I quit over 10 years ago but I was sitting talking with a friend of mine yesterday and for some reason had the urge to smoke one. No I didn't. It was just wierd. Don't know where that come from. Love the pics of kitten. thanks for sharing

Healthymom - you are such an inspiration - wogging - biking. I enjoy reading your post

My emotions are mixed today. Got a lot of people on my heart - including you all. It is suppose to be in the 90's and humid but that is not bothering me. Well just know my thoughts are with your loved ones and you and your families. Thanks for all your prayers and wishes.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Reunion day here, and it's raining cats and dogs.
    (Which reminds me...LI4G...I love those kitty pictures.)

Yesterday was really rough for me. Must have been the reunion coming up, but it started with hearing about the cancellations...My oldest brother isn't coming. He says he's sick, but we're guessing it's likely because his wife asked, and was denied permission, to bring their dog. Silly, eh? But that led to me really missing my younger brother in Australia. A few years ago, he was on top of the world, filthy rich (he designs computer programs), but since he's self-employed, he has to rely on selling his ideas...and they haven't sold. Lived way beyond his means, thinking that he'd have a buyer soon, and now he's absolutely broke, being forced into bankruptcy. Anyway, I'd been praying for a miracle (win a lottery maybe?) to bring him and his family to Canada for the reunion. And that didn't happen. So yesterday was really tearful for me, and a lot of worrying about his state of mind and how he's holding up. But he wrote me a nice, long letter last night, and I feel reassured. The people in his, and his wife's, church, have taken them under their wings. All of their needs are being met, and my brother is using this humbling experience to "regroup."

And...indianagranny...I can't begin to express my gratitude for what you are doing today. Because, of course, I'm also missing my father. He's on your list today, and knowing that you're carrying him on your walk moves me to tears. Even though he's been gone for almost 13 years, his presence in the world today will be very strong, and that's a beautiful thought for me.

lulu...I'm on the list with you. We are NOT the biggest losers this week. We gained. I think of it this way: We're taking one for the team...
    (But don't get used to it, you losers...I intend to be a loser this Friday...)
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    So I didn't have time to post my starting stuff yesterday when I made my first post... so Here we go

Starting Weight-163
    Waist 40.0 on 06/16/09
    Hips 39.0 on 06/16/09
    legs 27.0 on 06/16/09
    arms 13.0 on 06/16/09
    breast line 35.0 on 06/16/09

The measurements I took on the 16th and it's the first time that I have ever measured myself and it surely won't be the last time, but it will be the last time those numbers are ever that high. I'm in a size 13 and not even three full years ago, I was in a size 7. Ugh... I will get back there dang it.
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    pawprint- I only wish to be in a size 13. I haven't seen that size since I was 13. You should have no problem losing what you want. I wish you luck and this is an amazing group of women here. Have a great weekend.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

Good Luck this afternoon Lisa, My prayers are with you..and thank you again for carring all of our names with you..This means so much to all of us I am sure.. make sure you drink lots of water if it is so hot out.. dont dehydrate.. Talk to you soon....

Well Team its the weekend and Of coarse my days never stop... to smell the roses.. I really wonder how I got so big with as busy as I am!!! I need another vacation!!! LOL

On my way to take my neice to the mall for her band leson, then I have to go back to the store cuz they have this great food saturday only sale!!! 75 cents a pound for nectorines, chicken breast bags for 4.75, the 10 lbs chicken leg quarter 4.90... the red yellow orange sweet peppers are 10 for 10 so that is 1.00 each and usually they want 1.99 a pound!!! so I just want to get a few more things

Then I need to weed the garden... then I will see how I feel after that!!

Take care all and Have a great WEEKEND

oh yeah.. Good Luck Li4g on the non - smoking!!! you can do it.. I know you can...

Sheila
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Checking in quickly....I went to weigh myself yesterday am, step on the scale and it flashes "batt batt". So I guess I need to go buy a battery! After work yesterday we had plans to meet our friends and their daughter. We went to dinner and then minigolfing and ended up finishing around 10pm last night! So I am up this morning and its raining but hope to go buy a battery, walk the dog, and get a workout in before a party at 3pm today.
    Great job everyone's losses!
    J.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    li4g - congrats on quitting smoking!!!!:flowerforyou: You are going to smoke around the race track instead - :bigsmile:

pawprint - welcome, I have a pair of size 13 jeans I can wear now that I kept as incentive (was in size 20). Now I realize I dont want to wear them because they are out of style. :sad: Have to buy a new pair to work towards!

cyndeebee - reunions are so difficult when people you want to see aren't there. Hope you can enjoy those who are there and keep in touch with those who aren't.

IG - want to add my congrats to you for doing your walk today. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. You deserve some happiness for what you do for everyone else.

**I had to change my ticker today because the scale went down one more pound and I couldn't wait to post it here...178 lbs = 30 lbs loss in total! :bigsmile:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All...

Welcome Pawprint - This is a great team and we are all here for you....

LI4G - Yeah for quitting smoking.. My husband keeps trying.. It was the deal, I lose weight and he quits... I am well on his weigh, Him, he is still spending $50 a week on the smokes.. Ugg..

Lisa - I love you, thank you.. I will think of you all day...

Cyndee - Have fun, think positive and know your a sexy woman.

Healthymom - Congrats... Yeah...

Kristi - My woman come post.. I miss you...

Adopt4 - enjoy your weekend..

Jamie - I hate when that happens... Batt Batt

Sheila - I was up at 5:30 weeding.. Owning a home is a lot of work.. Holy cow....

April - Congrats on posting... I love that... It will keep you motivated...

Everyone else... Have a great weekend...
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning all. We have some busy people this weekend! I have no idea what's going on this weekend. One of those play it by ear things. Hoping hubby gets my computer fixed (I'm on his) but that means I have to kick him off "Mafia Wars" on Facebook in order to log in here!

Welcome, pawprint, this is a good group - and pretty chatty!

I have to share a story about my youngest and losingit's kittens... they are really small still, cuter than anything, but my 3 yr old is scared of them (momma cat scared him months ago, she jumped out from behind a wall to play with him and scared him to death, so now he's terrified of cats). So I put 2 of the kittens on the couch and they started walking towards him and he screams and runs away. Ok so I'm a mean mommy because I think that is absolutely hysteriical and I torture him with those kittens in that way. But truthfully I'm trying to get him over the fear... it just happens to be very entertaining for me... He is getting better, at least he doesn't burst into tears at the sight of a cat now...
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have nothing against size 13s lol. I' proud of those who are getting into them. I don't know why I feel this way, but I get dressed and I look in the mirror and it looks as if nothing fits. But then, I'm out and see others who are in bigger sizes than me and they look cute. The clothes look like they fit them... but I'm smaller and I can't get anything that fits... I don't understand... my arms have gotten bigger so shirts that fit in my waist don't fit my arms.... the ones that fit my arms don't cover my belly baby fat.... I don't understand.... I won't even go into pants... that's a whole other story there... The 13s don't really fit me in the waist but my butt is too big to go down any smaller..... I hate clothes shopping.... I have an interview in like an hour and I dread getting dressed because I hate how it looks....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have nothing against size 13s lol. I' proud of those who are getting into them. I don't know why I feel this way, but I get dressed and I look in the mirror and it looks as if nothing fits. But then, I'm out and see others who are in bigger sizes than me and they look cute. The clothes look like they fit them... but I'm smaller and I can't get anything that fits... I don't understand... my arms have gotten bigger so shirts that fit in my waist don't fit my arms.... the ones that fit my arms don't cover my belly baby fat.... I don't understand.... I won't even go into pants... that's a whole other story there... The 13s don't really fit me in the waist but my butt is too big to go down any smaller..... I hate clothes shopping.... I have an interview in like an hour and I dread getting dressed because I hate how it looks....

Pawprint, I know exactly how you feel. Im 6' tall, so for me to find cute stuff (pants especially) that looked good it was hard. My arms got pretty big when I gained weight and I have a long torso, so I couldnt shop anywhere except Lane Bryant for shirts and still had to buy a size bigger to be comfortable with how it looked. Amazingly enough, my arms were the first things to slim down and I went from a 2x to and XL in shirts, then my legs and butt started dropping so my pants started hanging off and while i was THRILLED with the weight being gone, I am bummed cuz last year I spent alot of money to rehaul my wardrobe and cant afford to do it again.

I still have a belly and thighs, its smaller, but its still there...so I still have a hard time finding clothes that fit right. For pants, if they fit in the waist they are either too short for my amazon legs OR they dont fit in the butt and I look like Im carrying a load in my britches. :laugh: :angry: Yesterday I put on one of my favorite pair of capri's and couldnt keep them up! They kept sliding off my butt and they are a size 16 levi's. I have pictures of me wearing them last summer and they were TIGHT! Now I can slide them off easily without unbuttoning them and they look 3 sizes too big because they are.. LOL

Most of my pants I could probably pass on right now and go to a size regular size 14 in Levi's IF i could find some long enough that I can afford, but for now.. Im gotta just use what I have to get through the summer and will buy some stuff for fall. I need jeans more than I need shorts and capri's right now. I only have 1 or 2 pair that fit me right in the backside. I have pictures of me wearing them last summer and they were TIGHT!

You'll be surprised at how quickly those clothes will feel different when you lose even just a little more weight. Take some before pictures in some of your tighter clothes, because later on you can take after shots and you will be VERY suprised at how different you look.