BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well guys official results are in for my 5k!

Place # 467-out of 1300
    Finish Time: 27:13
    Pace: 8:46

I'll take 467th in a race of over 1,300. Now to work on getting faster!

:drinker:

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless you, young man-- !!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Quick check in, guys. Still feeling very cruddy. Didn't work out at all this weekend, and I had given myself permission to eat all I wanted. However, not feeling well so that didn't happen.

Andrew, so proud of you. You look great. The boys are adorable, you two made perty babies!

Lori, you are a machine! Sam, you too.

April, thanks for coming out today --sorry I was a lousy hostess.

I was wonderin' where you were-- feel better, Lynnie--
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    Well my workout was pretty good today.
    Yard work-2 hours and 10 minutes-582 calories burned
    Badminton-1 hour-504 calories burned
    Walking-30 minutes-274 calories burned
    Not too shabby I don't suppose! I hope you all had a great day! Back to work tomorrow so I will miss a lot of the posts but I will catch up when I get home. Have a great night and a great Monday too! I :heart: :heart: my Black Team!
    Walking- 30 minutes-274 calories burned
    Watching that scale drop down lower and lower-PRICELESS
    .....sorry, i couldn't resist....it reminded me of that commercial...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    Quick check in, guys. Still feeling very cruddy. Didn't work out at all this weekend, and I had given myself permission to eat all I wanted. However, not feeling well so that didn't happen.

Andrew, so proud of you. You look great. The boys are adorable, you two made perty babies!

Lori, you are a machine! Sam, you too.

April, thanks for coming out today --sorry I was a lousy hostess.
    whatever....you are the hostess with the mostess.... and you know it baby....:wink::wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    I LOVE YA SISSY-POO...and we had a GREAT time today....
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well my workout was pretty good today.
    Walking-30 minutes-274 calories burned
    Not too shabby I don't suppose! I hope you all had a great day! Back to work tomorrow so I will miss a lot of the posts but I will catch up when I get home. Have a great night and a great Monday too! I :heart: :heart: my Black Team!
    Walking- 30 minutes-274 calories burned
    Watching that scale drop down lower and lower-PRICELESS
    .....sorry, i couldn't resist....it reminded me of that commercial...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Someone please put me out of my friggin misery. I actually called off work today. I can't remember the last time I called off sick. Every muscle in my body aches.

I never get sick! It's turning me into a wha-baby!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Poor Lynnie! Feel better sweetie!

Andrew- super job on your 5K. You ran really fast that is so awesome.

April- way to resist the donuts and fulfill goal for the week

Renae- keep working out, you are doing great.

I know there was more.... hmmm, I forgot what I read.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning all you skinny minnies!! I have to get to work but wanted to say hello before I do!!

Hello!!:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Oh yeah! Sam. I am struggling a little bit with what to eat with working off so many calories too. We'll figure it out. Great job on your bike ride. How do you guys make it so far? Doesn't your behind start to hurt?

Jeannie- I sure as heck hope the scale does me right this week. I'm skeeaired. I think I have myself convinced last Wednesday was a fluke and I won't see the results I want this week. I'm just not sure. I haven't been on the scale to monitor my progress, so I really have no idea.

This no scale thing is getting easier. I have thought about it, wondered what it says, and yes, even really wanted to just peek, but I'm not stressing daily over the number I saw that morning and allowing it to affect my day. Instead I don't know, so I figure the worst and work my hardest.

I try and remind myself of some weeks that I've watched it go up and up and then by weigh in be almost the same as it was the week before. I think back to all the unneeded stress I brought on myself by obsessing over it. Just last week on Monday I was 156 and flipped off my scale and told it where to go, Wednesday I was 151.2. How? I have no clue, but that's what it said. (See why I"m sweating over that number?)

That number on the scale can be a great motivation when all goes well, but for me it can be a great mood killer if it says wrong. I know all about weight fluctuaion, I know all about water weight, I know all about TOM weight. Just because the 'smarts' part of my brain knows all of that doesn't mean the 'oh crap is that what the scale just said' part of my brain communicates with it. Wonder if those little snap out of it smileys can go live in my brain and set it straight as needed?

Anywho! I couldn't wait to wake up this AM and see this! I've been waiting for the little mail icon on my HRM to be there today with my weekly report.
    IMG_3970.jpg?t=1245669822
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well guys official results are in for my 5k!

Place # 467-out of 1300
    Finish Time: 27:13
    Pace: 8:46

I'll take 467th in a race of over 1,300. Now to work on getting faster!

:drinker:

Awesome Andrew!! Thats some pretty great results there!:drinker: Congrats and I absolutely LOVE the pics of your little cuties, too:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Someone please put me out of my friggin misery. I actually called off work today. I can't remember the last time I called off sick. Every muscle in my body aches.

I never get sick! It's turning me into a wha-baby!

Get some rest today and feel better!!:heart:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Wow! Thats very impressive Lori! I sure hope your scale is super-sweet to you this week, you've earned it:flowerforyou:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    tag for later!! :heart:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok, good morning everyone else! Sorry I wasnt around this weekend, just stayed really busy doing things outdoors even though it was sooo smothering hot and humid:grumble: But, that just meant that we took alot more rest and water breaks on the tennis court this weekend.

I hope everyone is doing well, I didnt get to read back to much on the threads. Have a lovely Monday Black Team:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Team!

Andrew - Congrats on your awesome time and Happy Late Father's Day.

Lori, Sam, Renae - You girls rock! Way to burn those calories.

Lynnie - Feel better soon! Your bi-CYCLE needs you!

Marla - good luck with your meds. I hope they can find something for you with less side effects.

I was really tested yesterday with my challenge this week. I was doing a shred workout. I was getting really hot, so I figured I'd take my t-shirt off since I was in my own house and just wear my sports bra with my shorts. While in a plank position, I was getting a perfect view of the additional sking that I have on my belly. It was great motivation to give myself a sit up challenge....
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ahh, challenges. I forgot my music when I left for the gym. Big challenge for me. Big. I still did it. I promised my foot a break this week, so I rode the bike 5 miles and did the stair climber for a mile. I do not burn as many calories as my run/walk combo thing I have had going and I spent the same amount of cardio time. Here's the thing with running. I don't so much love it but it burns so much better than other stuff- hence the appeal for me.

Alrighty folks, off to hop on the ellptical cause 550 caloires burned from the gym is NOT even close to making me feel satisfied that I had a good workout. Burn baby burn.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I almost forgot! I was getting a drink of water at the gym and I said hi to the lady beside me. We exchange hellos but never really talk. She said to me 'You are really looking slim and trim these days.' I coulda hugged her!

That's the stuff it's made of- not the dumb number on the scale.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot! I was getting a drink of water at the gym and I said hi to the lady beside me. We exchange hellos but never really talk. She said to me 'You are really looking slim and trim these days.' I coulda hugged her!

That's the stuff it's made of- not the dumb number on the scale.

Agreed! You should be super proud of yourself!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I know Lori, right???

I feel great today because this weekend I went with DH to get a bike at Walmart. While there I remembered I needed pantyhose.

Pick up the box..........run my finger to the last time I bought them Q and then all the way to the righ to A

I am an A and they fit and feel great!!

I am so glad I found MFP. You all are the only thing different this time. THANKS!!

:heart: Jeannie
  • 72lori
    Options
    Ok Jeannie. I am in Florida too. You are saying that pantyhose feel great? Are you insane women! It's a hundred freaking degrees and so humid it's hard to get air. :laugh:

But I will definately congratulate you on wearing a size A. That is cool.