Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I'm still here!

Billielover - you're welcome to join now!:flowerforyou: We post how many minutes we exercised per week every Thursday, just so you know!

Jenna - I have Avia cross-trainers and they're really good for running.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    hmm I'll look into them! I want some good shoes that aren't expensive. How much were they, if you don't mind me asking.

So, I went over my calories today. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I was on a plateau and then changed stuff around and started losing weight. I think I'm back in a plateau. I only went over like 300 cals. It's not a ridiculous amount, but I thought maybe it was push my body over this darn plateau. I've only lost 8 lbs in almost 2 months. That's kind of ridiculous, isn't it? I feel like I should've lost more....I haven't seen any changes with my measurements either. Not sure what's going on.
  • billielover79
    Options
    Thank you everybody!
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Woggers still open for new members?

Welcome to the Woggers group!!! :happy:

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Hope everybody had a good Father's Day weekend. I haven't logged in a few days, but I'm here again. The only walking I did this weekend was at the local swap meet which isn't very big and to make matters worse, since its summer time, my big extended family always get together on Sundays and we have lots of food. I try, but I always overeat. So, my goal for this week is to stay within my alloted calories and increase my wogging distance. I don't do time, short legs and all. I find that if I say to myself "I'm going to wogg a little further than I did yesterday I can achieve my goal but if someone tells me "try to wogg in so many minutes", I set up myself for failure. So that's the plan for this week.

Billielover: Welcome.....I hope you enjoy our little group.

Vanessa: Sorry to hear your going through a hard episode in your life. If you need to unload, we're here for you.

Jenna: I use New Balance tennis shoes. I get the most I can out of a pair of shoes. I usually get a new pair just once a year. I"ve read in fit magazines that you're supposed to get new shoes just about every six months if you walk/wogg four/five days a week but at their price? As long as they feel confortable, I keep wearing them. Once my husband/kids gave me for Xmas two pairs and then I used to alternate wearing them and they seemed to last longer but its been a couple of years, haven't been able to do that again.

Kim: You are so thoughtful and caring. Sounds like you are a really great person, wife, mother, daughter. I always read with great interest everything you have to say. Thanks for all the great advice and for always encouraging us..

I don't know/can't remember everybodies names, I'm gonna have to get a little notepad and write all the users name and real name next to it so I can identify/match who is who lol......
  • fitgal411
    Options
    hmm I'll look into them! I want some good shoes that aren't expensive. How much were they, if you don't mind me asking.

So, I went over my calories today. I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I was on a plateau and then changed stuff around and started losing weight. I think I'm back in a plateau. I only went over like 300 cals. It's not a ridiculous amount, but I thought maybe it was push my body over this darn plateau. I've only lost 8 lbs in almost 2 months. That's kind of ridiculous, isn't it? I feel like I should've lost more....I haven't seen any changes with my measurements either. Not sure what's going on.

I forget the exact price . . . I think it was around $40 - not that expensive.

8 pounds in 2 months? At least you're losing SOMETHING. You should feel proud of yourself, not put yourself down. That's still about a pound a week lost.
  • lizinginholland
    Options
    lol ok i should probably just join this club instead haha :P
  • fitgal411
    Options
    lol ok i should probably just join this club instead haha :P

Yes you should!:happy: This is a great club if you want to run a mile. I worked up to a half mile the other day and today is a full one! Welcome to the team!:flowerforyou:
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Good job Rach, congrats on doing the mile. I wogged three miles this morning. I'm working on running a full lap at my sports park place, its not quite a full mile (a lap is 8/10ths of a mile). I walk four or five laps and on each lap I start by walking half the length to warm up then I run the other half and I do this routine for at least four laps. So, I'm working on it.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    welcome new comers......everyone is always welcome to join in our little group.
    glad to here you all are getting out there and pushing yoursleves. Rach????did you say you did your first 1mile? :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    That is so great!!!!!!!congrats.....

Hey Marty, nice to see you back.... I knnow its hard on the weekends. I just can't stop living, either. Well, I 'm figuring that all my wogging is more than I used to do.
    :wink: so I will try to not worry so much about the scale!!!!HAHAHAHA Like that will really happen, I'm such an absessive/compulsive about the scale.....

I'll check back in later girls... get out there and wog, I'll be doing mine in a couple hours.
  • abuelita60
    Options
    I spent the day cleaning my husband's garage and now my body hurts all over!!!! I know, why did I do this, well we bought an SUV over the weekend and he insists on parking it inside the garage and there was chairs, coolers, etc., all over the place so I thought I'd surprise him. Now I"m wondering if it was worth the pain I feel now......Does this count as exercise??????????
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I spent the day cleaning my husband's garage and now my body hurts all over!!!! I know, why did I do this, well we bought an SUV over the weekend and he insists on parking it inside the garage and there was chairs, coolers, etc., all over the place so I thought I'd surprise him. Now I"m wondering if it was worth the pain I feel now......Does this count as exercise??????????

What a coincidence! We're remodeling at my work and I had to move tables and chairs around. I'm so weak, I couldn't even pick up the table!:angry: Of course it counts as exercise - I think my muscles just improved a tiny bit!:happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    uh oh. I think I'm losing motivation to exercise.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    uh oh. I think I'm losing motivation to exercise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

What? Why? What happened????????????
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm guessing it has to do with stress....but I've dealt with stress in the past and still was able to keep exercising. Idk. I've been strictly sticking with MFP (cals exercise etc) up until about last week. I don't know what my problem is. I feel worn out, sleepy, always hungry (of course I'm not exercising as much as normal so I'm not getting those extra exercise cals...that would explain why I'm hungry and possibly why I'm sleepy?)
    I need a good swift kick in the *kitten* apparently lol
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I'm guessing it has to do with stress....but I've dealt with stress in the past and still was able to keep exercising. Idk. I've been strictly sticking with MFP (cals exercise etc) up until about last week. I don't know what my problem is. I feel warn out, sleepy, always hungry (of course I'm not exercising as much as normal so I'm not getting those extra exercise cals...that would explain why I'm hungry and possibly why I'm sleepy?)

hey,

can you get away to the gym, like right now? Just say, you have too, all your progress depends on it....or even just go for a short walk... anything to get you out of the house for a few and find yourself again. I know it's hard but try it....
    and I'll be pm'ing you later to finish our talk, OK?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm so incredibly tired. All I want to do is sleep anymore.

I'm gonna take your advice and just go for a walk. I don't think I have enough energy to go to the gym right now.

Thanks Kim
  • abuelita60
    Options
    Jenna: Hang in there, I hope you went for that walk and that you are feeling a little more relaxed. Maybe you should also try a nice bath, candles, soft music......have your hubby rub your back and tell him you "owe him one"........
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing it has to do with stress....but I've dealt with stress in the past and still was able to keep exercising. Idk. I've been strictly sticking with MFP (cals exercise etc) up until about last week. I don't know what my problem is. I feel worn out, sleepy, always hungry (of course I'm not exercising as much as normal so I'm not getting those extra exercise cals...that would explain why I'm hungry and possibly why I'm sleepy?)

Hi!
    I know how you feel...I was in kind of an emotional funk a few weeks ago. I went about two weeks where I barely worked out and didn't watch what I ate at all. I think the break was good for me. When I finally got back into my fitness routine after my break, I felt refreshed. I found that the best way to get out of it was to just get out there and start working out. I eventually got back into the groove. But I do know how hard it can be. When I was in school, all I wanted to do was sleep...it's not easy to get the motivation to workout when you just want to sleep.
    I agree with others who said you should just get out and go for a walk. Even if it's not as brisk as you would normally walk, it's something...and it may put you in a better mood! :smile:

~Abby

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Good morning everyone :smile:

I'm feeling much better this morning. Yes, I actually did get out for that walk yesterday. I walked for about 48 mins, once I started I just kept going and going. I was surprised I even walked that much.

Today is my weigh-in day for myself....I GAINED a poind. Ugh, I guess that's my own fault for slacking on the exercise and going over my cals a tad.

I have the next 2 days off of work so I'm going to go plan something fun! :happy: