Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 7

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Thick and Creamy Yoplait - I love the key lime and just tried the Lemon meringue and it was like heaven!
  • etandit
    etandit Posts: 35
    Options
    :drinker: just went back to my reports to check the results. I started 4/26/09 at 199.4.......today 6/24/09 i am 15.4 lbs lighter.....still have a long road ahead of me but at least i am "walking" on it in the right direction for a change!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Way to go!! It's a great feeling to hit those 5 multiples, 15, 20, 50, etc....great job!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I took my measurments and I think I'm a pear shape. :tongue:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    I took my measurments and I think I'm a pear shape. :tongue:

I'm an apple!:grumble:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    i use to be a beach ball. :laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    i use to be a beach ball. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're cute j! What's the other one called, besides square? Mesomorphic anyways, although my theory stands that if you didn't develop a good toned muscle structure as a teen/young adult, when you get to my age it's so hard to develop. What's the motorcyle run? You both will do great:bigsmile: ! My daughter said next year she and I will do a shorter run, and dance our way to the finish line! That would be hilarious, but she'd chicken out and I'd look like an *kitten*!:laugh: Actually, I think I'm too competitve...I might push her out of my way to get a good time!:laugh:
    I have a new challenge for us. Kind of... I think each of us should write an ATTAINABLE goal and show each other, then maybe we'll stick to it and be held accountable. What do you think?

This is mine...I will not go over 1800 cals this week each day INCLUDING if I exercise.:bigsmile:
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    We bought a motorcycle not too long ago and its for the childrens mircle network. This is our first time doing something like this but for sure support this network.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    An attainable goal for me for this week is going to be to get 5 workouts in!! This is a challenge because this week has been so busy plus I start another class on Monday!

What is everyone elses?
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    An attainable goal for me is to stay within +/- 100 calories of my daily goal. I may not be eating all good quality foods as I find my rhythm with the new job but I know I can still stay within my calorie range. So, even if I have to stop and get food somewhere, I might make the smarter decision and get a fresh salad from the supermarket by my house instead of drive through grilled chicken and french fries to stay within the range. I just can't say no to french fries. Ever. Anywhere. I don't think it's in my DNA. :wink: They don't have french fries at the salad bar, so I'm good.
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Mine is eating hard candy. It always makes me go over my calorie limit, sooooo for a whole week I will not eat one mint or candy! (now I just have to throw out that big bag of mints that's sitting on my counter!:laugh: )
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get the chart up, I'll try tonight.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My attainable challenges will be to log in all my food/exercise this week and drink my 8+ glasses of water. I've gotten off track the last few weeks and I need to refocus. Back to the basics for me :blushing:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    An attainable goal for me is to stay within +/- 100 calories of my daily goal. I may not be eating all good quality foods as I find my rhythm with the new job but I know I can still stay within my calorie range. So, even if I have to stop and get food somewhere, I might make the smarter decision and get a fresh salad from the supermarket by my house instead of drive through grilled chicken and french fries to stay within the range. I just can't say no to french fries. Ever. Anywhere. I don't think it's in my DNA. :wink: They don't have french fries at the salad bar, so I'm good.

I make "french fries" for me and my family all the time....cut up enough potatoes for the 4 of us into fry shape, wash, dry, toss with 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season salt to taste, broil each side for 7-10 minutes - til they are almost ready to burn - my whole family loves them....hope you like it too!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options

I make "french fries" for me and my family all the time....cut up enough potatoes for the 4 of us into fry shape, wash, dry, toss with 1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season salt to taste, broil each side for 7-10 minutes - til they are almost ready to burn - my whole family loves them....hope you like it too!

Thanks, Chrissy! I'll try to give it a shot. I've got some potatoes sitting on the counter just begging to become french fries! :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Even better is to use sweet potatos! Reg. potatoes are a no no. Those all sound like great goals. As for the hard candy, Walmart in the US has a great selection of sugar-free candy like Werther's, mints, etc. I have them almost daily too, but take the 40 cals (for 5). I went over a bit yesterday, but as long as I'm in the near range, I'm happy. Tonight we are going for dinner after my son's Grad Convocation. GREAT, just when I started back on track. I am really going to try to have the willpower. It's hard when you just don't know what to order that'll make it less cals. And then to log it!:grumble: It's a busy day, hope I have time to at least walk on the treadmill....:drinker:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    kath - we tried sweet potatoes and they were for no other better term - nasty - the kids will eat the red potatoes but not touch the sweet potatoes....they were mushy
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did good at eating only what I had logged...

Right before work (im a line cook) I had some rice and carrots... By the time I got to work I was soooooooo hungry!! So I had a like 2 or 3 chicken wings (wing night last night and im the wing girl), I was still REALLY hungry so I like 1/4 of a bun with freshly made jam (which was just a little sour so I LOVED it!). After I didnt feel hungry but man did I want to eat!! It was a hard fight especially when things got slow! But I drank and drank my water and kept myself busy! I did dishes.. I went to the bathroom, I drank water anything!! I wish I had gum! I needed something! But im proud that I didnt give in! :bigsmile: I did go over my cals a bit yesterday but I was still under my maintenance cals! So that was alright!

Today I am trying to eat 6 small meals. Will see how that goes!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    carrie - you should be proud that you didn't give in! Every little thing we accomplish piles up in to a huge mound of success!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Thanks chrissy! You always make me feel so great and your such an inspiration!! :flowerforyou: