What do you put in your oatmeal?

Options
I have oatmeal every morning, no instant!!
I like putting 1tsp. brown sugar and blueberries like milk.top it off with flaxseed. enjoy!!!
How about you?

Replies

• MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I just tried oatmeal this morning and was wondering the same thing. I put one tablespoon of brown sugar, but think that is a bit too much. I also put cinnamon and vanilla. I like the blueberries and flaxseed idea though!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk, raisins and cardamom. YUM!

OR

maple syrup and raisins
  • rkennedy39
    rkennedy39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I put chopped Gala apples and cinnamon in my oatmeal. Maybe some walnuts if I have some
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning also. I don't do the instant, I start out cooking my oatmeal in almond milk instead of water, then I add flaxseed, cinnamon, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a Tbsp of natural peanut butter.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I added a banana to mine yesterday. :smile:
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I add 1 TBSP of better'n peanut butter and 3 oz of dannon lite and fit yogurt
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    mmmmm

I like the Bobs Red Mill steel cut oats. (you can buy them at Big Lots for a lot cheaper). I put peanut butter, craisins, raisins, honey, sliced almonds, & blueberries in mine. I make a large amount and freeze it in individual portions that I can take out the night before for the next morning. It heats up great and is very filling and yummy!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have 1/4 c. oatmeal, a sprinkle of sugar, and a tbs of peanut butter with hot water (sometimes soy milk). It is delicious and filling!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I like my oatmeal with cinnamon and half a banana.
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1 tsp natural peanut butter
    1 packet stevia
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder.

mix with oatmeal and water. so good!
  • tinattinat
    tinattinat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every morning also. I don't do the instant, I start out cooking my oatmeal in almond milk instead of water, then I add flaxseed, cinnamon, a scoop of vanilla protein powder and a Tbsp of natural peanut butter.

That sounds good! Do you add all that while it's still cooking or once it's done?
  • porcupinegirl32
    porcupinegirl32 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1 tsp Unsweetened, unsalted peanut butter and 1 tbs sugar free blueberry jam.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Honey and blueberries
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    two tablespoons of extra chunky regular fat peanut butter, and a sliced up banana. you're welcome.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    1 tbs natural peanutbutter
    1/2 cup blueberries, 1 small banana, OR 2 tbs raisins (depends on my mood and what's in the house)
    1 scoop protein powder (if I'm not also having scrambled egg whites on the side)
    Splash of nonfat milk
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    PB with 1T of semi sweet mini chocolate chips if I am wanting something a little sweet :happy:
  • stonejh1
    Options
    strawberries. they're coming into season and are on major sale at every store near me. they're sweet enough to keep me from adding anything else.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options

That sounds good! Do you add all that while it's still cooking or once it's done?

I add everything except the peanut butter while it's still cooking. the pb I stir in at the end
  • clwatlington
    clwatlington Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So, oatmeal is a recent addition to my breakfast routine. I just got to the point where I like it enough to eat it. I use half fresh pressed apple juice and half water and about 2tsp of brown sugar and dried cranberries. Makes taste yummy!
  • worej
    worej Posts: 108
    Options
    Flax seed was going to be my suggestion, but you know that one already. :) Sometimes I put a little molasses in as well.