THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 20!!

Options

Replies

• nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lulu..
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Wow to all the posting

WELCOME BRALI01, BILLIELOVER79, AND JAMIEDAWN
    You will love this group - a great deal of motivation, support, and knowledge goes on here. Ask questions, vent, talk and most of all enjoy.

Lulu - HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Like the new picture

CrazybeeRX - keep plugging away girl. I learned one step at a time and my first step was logging as I was eating and reading the posts

Sheila - Good - luck with the tests. Keep us informed what is going on. Got the pm - thanks.

Adopt4 - sorry about your pain girl. Hope it is getting lots better. Congratulation on the pound.

Prayerfulmom - 31 miles wow. How FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi - GREAT GREAT JOB ON ALL YOU HAVE DONE GIRL - YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! I am fine - thanks for asking. Body recovered within 24 hours. The funny thing was a girl that took pictures showed them to me last night. I did not recognized my back side in one of the pics. It was eye shocking.

NitaG - Hi - Congrats on the addition to family. How are you doing.?

Cyndeebee - I am fine. Body recovered nicely - work is wearing me out from the heat and humidity but I am great.

Healthymom - thank - you. nice to have the parents close.

LI4G - I passed the idea of TPing kid's room on to my daughter - she laughed forever. She thought it was great. Wants you to post pics
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Now a little about myself for the new ones.

My names is Lisa. I am a mother to two and grandmother to five - soonto be six at Christmas time. Five of them live in Montana - 1604 miles away. The new one will be just 10 miles away from me. I work night shift on Sunday night through Wednesday night as an order selector at an Autozone Distribution Center. Love my job but right now heat and humidity is draining. It was 110 heat index here today - will be everybit of 95 degrees plus humidity still tonight at 10 pm.
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    First off....Happy Birthday Lulu

Welcome all new members, I'm still pretty new myself but so far I love this group. Lots of posts to keep up with lol.

I haven't had a chance to read all the posts yet, so I'm going to do a real quick update here and read them later on.

I am now employed. I haven't worked since I had my daughter a year ago. I started looking for work when she was 8 weeks... I just now got a job. It's doing what I love... it's a dog rescue agency... Lot's and lots of manual labor, and walking... I can't wait.

Still at my 160 mark. Nothing more, nothing less. Going strong with my working out. I walked 1.31 miles today pushing my daughter in the stroller. Usually we do 3 but it was just too hot. I'm doing good on my calories. Not having AC in the summer makes me not want to eat sometimes so I guess that's a plus. I'm keeping my eating when I'm bored down a lot. I love food. My challenge however is when my boyfriend comes home this weekend for his home time off the road (he's a truck driver) I have to not give in to temptation and go out and get fast food with him, and if we do I need to make better selections. We'll probably have pop in the house... and I don't know if I can handle it, plus he's a smoker and he already told me doesn't want me to start back just because he's home. But I know that I can do it. Well that's it for now... I have some reading to catch up on.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi Paw,

I'm Debbie. Congrats on the new job. I hope you really enjoy it. I see you've been looking for a job for awhile. Sometimes we have to wait for things to line up just right for the best things for us. So maybe your wait was worth it if you really love this job.

When your boyfriend comes home maybe he can help support you by going outside or for a short walk when he smokes so you won't be tempted. Hopefully he is one who will support your efforts by do that and by eating healthy while he is with you. I am pretty sure that he doesn't eat healthy when he is on the road. Maybe you can cook a couple of meals and have them in the fridge and when he says I'm hungry lets go eat. You can say I have a great dinner in the fridge let me warm it up for you. That way you both get a good meal and not too many calories.

Team members: when you are measuring food and it says you can have a cup of beans or hamburger helper, how do you meaure that? In a dry measuring cup or a liquid measuring cup? They really do have a slight difference in amounts. Also I had someone tell me before that if you rinse your ground beef in hot water after browning it, you get rid of most of the fat on the meat. I have been doing that hoping it helps on the fat and calories. If that is a crazy idea tell me so I will stop and not be crazy LOL

Happy Birthday Lulu
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Debbie...I'm sure that rinsing ground beef would definitely reduce the fat. I knew a woman that cooked ground beef by boiling it. I thought that was strange, but I ate one of her casseroles, and you couldn't tell the difference. (But I still fry ground beef...)

Congratulations on the new job, Paws. It sounds very exciting.

Second last day of school for my young lady. I'm more excited than she is...

House cleaning day for me. Tomorrow is shopping with my parents, so I won't get much done then.

Take care...
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

LuLu - I listened to your son's music is really cool... My step brother who is blind was here and said it sounded really good...tell him to keep up his great work....you have to be so proud of him....and of coarse HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! hope you had a great birthday...

welcome to T H E TEAM, Brall01, Billielover79 AND Jamiedawn This is a great team...good luck in all of your weight loss... My name is Sheila I am married to a wonderful man Kenroy and we just celebrated our 9 yr anniversary we have 1 daughter together Casandra 8yrs old and I have 3 kids from previous marriage oldest 21 Dustin and he has a son (my grandson) 7 months, Neko who will be 19 july 16, and Daughter Julia who will be 17 Julia 6th. If you read my profile I have a lot of health issues in which I am trying to over come so far since I started MFP in March I have lost 44 pounds. feel free to friend request me.

Lisa - how are you feeling after you walk?? I really hate not having my computer cuz I cant check in as much as I was.. I miss posting more offten...

Kristi - Your doing awsome Keep up all your hard work...

Yesterday I walked out to my mailbox to get our mail and low and behold the mailbox wasnt there!!! really I found the mail in the weeds and i found the door to the mailbox but no box!! some kids was prob driving down the road with a bat!!! and hitting mailboxes.. darn teenagers!!! or could have been a drunk driver?? whoo knows butt my money is on the teenagers...so I have to go buy a new mailbox and put it in so i can get my mail agian!!!

i will try and check back in later...

sheila
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Hi Paw,

I'm Debbie. Congrats on the new job. I hope you really enjoy it. I see you've been looking for a job for awhile. Sometimes we have to wait for things to line up just right for the best things for us. So maybe your wait was worth it if you really love this job.

When your boyfriend comes home maybe he can help support you by going outside or for a short walk when he smokes so you won't be tempted. Hopefully he is one who will support your efforts by do that and by eating healthy while he is with you. I am pretty sure that he doesn't eat healthy when he is on the road. Maybe you can cook a couple of meals and have them in the fridge and when he says I'm hungry lets go eat. You can say I have a great dinner in the fridge let me warm it up for you. That way you both get a good meal and not too many calories.

Team members: when you are measuring food and it says you can have a cup of beans or hamburger helper, how do you meaure that? In a dry measuring cup or a liquid measuring cup? They really do have a slight difference in amounts. Also I had someone tell me before that if you rinse your ground beef in hot water after browning it, you get rid of most of the fat on the meat. I have been doing that hoping it helps on the fat and calories. If that is a crazy idea tell me so I will stop and not be crazy LOL

Happy Birthday Lulu

Thanks for the ideas. I hope that I like this job too. It seems fun. I only work 4 hours in a shift but it's all outside and in the heat. So I'm glad lol. And it's perfect for when I start school back up again. No my boyfriend doesn't eat good on the road but when he comes home he usually wants real food unless we're out running around. But we don't have the money for fast food so I'm hoping that will play a role in not doing it lol.

I've always rinsed my ground beef off. I looked in the cup that I drain into one time and it occurred to me that was going into my body... so not only do I drain, but I rinse now.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Morning all. Yesterday I did the eating dinner before I left work. I was starving by bed time. But you know if that is what is going to do it then I guess that is the sacrafice I'll have to make.
    I got in a run, upper body workout, and commute to work today.
    Yesterday was a run, lower body workout, and commute to work.
  • pawprint061
    Options
    So.... I've been thinking about this for a few days now.... I just started this whole calorie cutting and working out thing a few weeks ago. Now... I don't know if this has happened to any one else, but my menstrual cycle seems all out of whack now... I've heard that people who lose a huge amount of weight can stop having one because the body is in shock or something, but I've only lost three pounds... any ideas?
  • nitag
    Options
    Morning all.. I am just about to leave for work but wanted to post now since I have a few meetings today... So many new people I am kinda lost with all the posts.. I will need to find time to read and try to get to know everyone...

I myself am doing OK and only OK.... Not much mention about Texas except last night my husband told me he really didn't want to go this time around.. I don't blame him, it's hot and not to mention dangerous on those boarder towns... He isn't sure when he is leaving, guessing 2nd week of July but that remains to be seen.. I'm still praying the company he is working for here in NV gets a job and soon...

Diet and exercise - Ugg.. Don't want to talk about it.. I am maintaining thats it... I need to start fresh with a new mind set and I'm having a hard time finding it...

Ok, I'm outta here..

Bye for now...

Anita
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    pawprint - usuallly women that stop their cycle entirely are in starvation mode. but your period becoming a bit irregular as your body adjusts is normal. remember, it's not just about the weight, but your activity level and how you're eating. or it might not be related to it at all.

lulu - happy happy bday to you! and many more!!

Going back to the chiro today, I swear they fix one thing and break another just so you have to come back. But at least I can get around, just can't work out. So that's a bonus. Sleeping is a problem,though, so I hope this adjustment works. If not, I'm finding a different chiro.

Decided to measure my cream cheese for my bagel this morning, to make sure i wasn't underestimating it, had always logged I used 2 TB, but in reality it was a little less than 1! Whoo-hoo! The calories aren't significant, but I'm just excited that I overestimated how much I was using, rather than underestimating. Progress. I'm also pleased to report that the capris I bought that were tight but wearable because they are stretchy, I put on this morning and they are actually a bit loose straight from the dryer. Either they stretched out and stayed that way, or I"ve firmed up. Hurray.

I have to toot someone's horn here, I went to losingit's yesterday, I haven't seen her in probably 2 weeks. She's been wogging outside. Her stomach is FLAT, I mean like I couldn't stop staring at it. And according to her, she's not really lost any weight, but man, the difference is incredible! So if you want to know how to tighten your stomach - she's the woman! :love:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise - Ugg.. Don't want to talk about it.. I am maintaining thats it... I need to start fresh with a new mind set and I'm having a hard time finding it...

Anita, there's nothing wrong with maintenance and giving your body a break. You have done SO WELL and have come so far - don't sweat it now if you are just maintaining. Letting your body rest from exercise is also not a bad thing. Focus on maintenance calories and fueling your body with good stuff. YOU CAN DO THIS.
  • nitag
    Options
    Adopt4 - That is exactly what I am going to try to do.. I just so badly want to be healthy and even more healthier at the end of summer and by October.. Thanks for the encourgement.. It means so much..
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Here is food for thought for those giving it a break and maintaining:

In the sports training world you work up for 3 weeks then back off a week. The body needs a rest. Makes since for our world too.

For those who are bible believing: the farmer plants for 6 years and then gives the land a rest the 7th. Personally, I have one off day a week in both activity and calorie counting. This does me service to not stress about my disease restrictions. Even the nutritionist agrees with it.

Just a thought...
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    :smile: This is the support string for me! Your posts are very motivating to read.

I am a maintainer. I lost 75# over the last 9 years:happy: and for the last year or so I have been just maintaining. It wasn't until a month ago that I started to weigh myself weekly (prior it was several times per day).

Today I really didn't want to exercise when I woke up this morning. At mid morning, I really...really wanted chocolate:love: ....my body evidentally wanted an apple :sick: (my desk only had an apple in it...no chocolate in sight). Then I went for a quick walk around the parking lot and had some coffee. That helped. Since I didn't exercise when I woke up this morning I did 45 minutes of elliptical over my lunch hour. It was so extremely painful to motivate myself to go exercise today but, I DID IT. :drinker: When it was over, I felt like I had accomplished something (check mark...that task is now done for today).

Day's when we are not motivated to exercise are hard. I tell myself that I only have to do 20 minutes and then if I want to quit, I can. I know that I will feel better afterwards and, the best thing...I don't want the chocolate this afternoon!

My ultimate goal is to eat clean. To feed my body healthy stuff. If I make it through today....I will be at 2 days of eating clean. I'm also trying to up my Water intake and decrease my Diet soda habit.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    when I first went to log my coffee in the morning and how much coffee cream I used, I thought I used 2 tablespoon per cup. Well guess what, I measured and I use 5 tablespoons PER cup. SO I've only drank 1 cup instead of two this week. BUt it uses up 200 calories. Today I had a cup of hot tea. not as satisfying but it was ok and allowed me to have what I wanted for breakfast today. Guess it is always give and take. Can't have a starbucks cause it is 600 cal, barely any coffee cause of the 200 cal. YUCK.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey Everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a while, but it's been kind off crazy for me. Last Friday, I fell while getting out of the shower. Yep, right on my knee I just had surgery on, so I had to go to the emergency room. I didn't do any 'real' damage, other than more bruising and swelling, as if I was lacking that at all! So, it's been a little rough for me the past week. And now, I have a stomach bug or something, not really sure. Went to the doc today, and she said she "thinks" it's a bug, but not sure...wow, that really helps! :laugh: Been running a fever, so we'll see.
    Anyway, congrats to all who's been doing so well!
  • aprilrenee71
    Options
    when I first went to log my coffee in the morning and how much coffee cream I used, I thought I used 2 tablespoon per cup. Well guess what, I measured and I use 5 tablespoons PER cup. SO I've only drank 1 cup instead of two this week. BUt it uses up 200 calories. Today I had a cup of hot tea. not as satisfying but it was ok and allowed me to have what I wanted for breakfast today. Guess it is always give and take. Can't have a starbucks cause it is 600 cal, barely any coffee cause of the 200 cal. YUCK.

Whoa----I don't know what kind of cream you are using but I could never live without my coffee in the morning...Coffee itself has 0 calories. I use a half teaspoon of sugar (real sugar) and sugar free vanilla international delight creamer. I used to use the regular stuff then switched to fat free and now sugar free but still have not given up the little teensy bit of sugar. I also heard that coffee will raise your metabilsm. Spelling??? Starbucks has a lower fat sugar type of coffee you may want to try. I hope this will help you cause I know I would have a horrible day without my coffee.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Welcome SR88201

LI4G - Congratulations on the flat stomach. My weight is all right there it seems like. If I could lose 30 pounds in stomach I would be set. What is the secret?

Adopt4 and Anita - I agree with you. Because of the heat and humidity at work, I am trying just to maintain on Monday through Wednesday and hit the exercising a lot harder on weekends if at all. I agree with giving the body a break.

Sheila - I am fine - my body - feet and legs and even sleep wise recovered within 24 hours from the walk. I was the only person who walked that showed up for work Sunday night. I am happy with myself all except what I ate during the walk. No tthat it was bad but probaly way over done the sodium intake. Working on that now but I learned from my mistake there. Not fretting or beating myself up over it.

PawPrint - Congratulations on the job!!! Glad to hear you like it - makes it all the better. Good - Luck with the smoking.

Prayerfulmom - enjoyed the thought and it makes sense

DWray44 - OHH NOOOO! Sorry to hear you fell. Hope you are getting a long better.

Well work is tough right now cause of the heat index. Definitely getting my water in. Having to do heavier orders in the heavier parts. But it has been developing my arms more so the pain is paying off. I have to laugh at people here cause they get so jealous - People can't give a compliment - they have to give an insult. A girl that was hanging with me has dropped off calling me because of my weight loss. I have not said a word to her about her weight. And when we talk about weight, I always offer to walk with her or buy her a salad for lunch. But she is always TOOOOOOOO BUSY!!!!!!!! to start exercising or eat healthy. But I am losing weight in all the wrong places and in all the wrong ways - I will gain it all back plus - she has told many. We will see. I am kinda enjoying my size 8 - 10's Just had to share. I also told my boss I had dropped 10 more pounds since my last drug test did he want me to go again?