Why are you proud of yourself today?

Options

Replies

• Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i printed out my food journal and posted it on my fridge, and actually stuck to the plan today! :smile:
  • kris472
    kris472 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today because I really wanted to be lazy and order a pizza, but instead I cooked a healthy dinner.
  • mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm proud of myself today for tring to do "man" push-ups and was able to do 10 without stopping!
  • shepherdbl
    shepherdbl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A week ago it took me 20 minutes to swim 4 laps. Today I swam 8 laps in that time. Yay!:smile::smile:
  • Hornet4Life
    Options
    I woke up at 5 am and met my running buddy to do 4 miles :) GO US!
  • caseymoo91
    Options
    Im proud of myself for signing up to this site and hope to get great tips and get to my target weight in 3-4 months time :)
  • DeniseAS
    Options
    Okay, I was so excited and happy after my cardio appt. today that I wanted to cry.

I certainly prove that eating better and exercising makes a big difference.

I though this was just a follow up with a discussion of my last summers run of many tests
    which is was, but they also did a rapid NON-fasting blood test.

I was a bit disappointed in their scale as I weighed 157 at 11:30 with clothes on because
    my scale says I weigh 149, but. The good news is I lost 9 lbs. in 7 mo. since I last went
    to see him. I was 166. I almost died when I asked my weight history since I have been
    seeing a cardiologist and my highest weight was 178 almost 2 years ago. YIKES!

So, here are my numbers in comparison to July 26, 2011

Total Chol: 185 to 153 (don't forget this was also NON fasting) could have been a better number - EEEEEEE
    Trig: 157 to 62 (holy crap)
    HDL (good) 50 to 57 (thanks to exercise I'm guessing)
    LDL (bad) 104 to 84 (yes)
    Chol. ratio 3.7 to 2.7 1% is huge he said
    AND...
    Blood sugar 103 to 97. Now I did have a check of this with my primary in the Fall and it was 119 so this is huge BECAUSE
    I'm no longer consider pre-diabetic!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!!!!! happy dance.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I keep trying! Keep Keep Trying! Even when I am not feeling it! Because I know in a month or a year, I will be glad I did not quit.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Because I resolved to burn 1000 calories a day and eat half of them back and I have done it every day so far.
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    Options
    that i worked out today even though im sore as a MF!!!!
  • JustAnotherCollegeGirl
    Options
    I'm proud because for the last month and a half I've been doing tons of strength training and cardio 5-6 times a week for 45-60 minutes and the scale was just increasing (even though I haven't been overeating ...most days. and I eat healthy) and the scale FINALLY! dropped 6 pounds :) Whoo hoo!!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This may sound lame, but it's what I've got for today: I'm proud that I exercised when I really didn't want to. Too often (pre-MFP), I could talk myself out of getting on my machine, but today, as much as I simply wanted to log my calories, I got on for an hour!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Okay, I was so excited and happy after my cardio appt. today that I wanted to cry.

I certainly prove that eating better and exercising makes a big difference.

I though this was just a follow up with a discussion of my last summers run of many tests
    which is was, but they also did a rapid NON-fasting blood test.

I was a bit disappointed in their scale as I weighed 157 at 11:30 with clothes on because
    my scale says I weigh 149, but. The good news is I lost 9 lbs. in 7 mo. since I last went
    to see him. I was 166. I almost died when I asked my weight history since I have been
    seeing a cardiologist and my highest weight was 178 almost 2 years ago. YIKES!

So, here are my numbers in comparison to July 26, 2011

Total Chol: 185 to 153 (don't forget this was also NON fasting) could have been a better number - EEEEEEE
    Trig: 157 to 62 (holy crap)
    HDL (good) 50 to 57 (thanks to exercise I'm guessing)
    LDL (bad) 104 to 84 (yes)
    Chol. ratio 3.7 to 2.7 1% is huge he said
    AND...
    Blood sugar 103 to 97. Now I did have a check of this with my primary in the Fall and it was 119 so this is huge BECAUSE
    I'm no longer consider pre-diabetic!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!!!!! happy dance.

Wooo Hooo!!!!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm going to workout today despite this fading cold bothering me still. Today I noticed the "skinny indent" high under my cheekbone. I can tell my face is losing weight :)
  • patita65
    Options
    I'm proud of myself because in the last 18 months I have lost 31kg (70 lbs) and keep getting so many lovely comments from my friends about how good I'm looking...it helps that I can now fit into sensational clothes, rather that frumpy plus size clothes. I still have 14kg to go and even though I've plateaued for a couple of months, I haven't given up!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I am proud that I got my butt out of bed at 4am and worked out and that I did a 1hr zumba class this afternoon.........moving everyday!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    1. I haven't cheated even once today.
    2. I burned 600 calories in my workout at the gym, and I haven't missed a workout yet all week.
    3. I have had six sixteen ounce bottles of water today, and I'm working on my seventh.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    What a great topic! It is nice to see everyone saying something positive about themselves, we tend to be our worst critics.

I am proud of myself today because for the first time since I was a kid, I tried running. Mostly walked, but ran here and there too. It's a start!
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I feel good about sticking to this food plan I've put together for inflammation and have followed it so close I've lost 34 pounds so far. I feel good about being committed to it. So, I feel good about improving my health, and it really works for me!

I feel good that I committed to a year long project with a friend that started January 1 and will end December 31.

I feel good that I bought an exercise bicycle and am actually using it and that my heart and lungs can feel the difference as I improve on it. I have committed to using it.

I feel good about making commitments and following through.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    At the doctor's office this morning, even before he came into the exam room, I heard the doctor in the hall asking his assistant, "Is this weight right? It's down 16 pounds." He was very pleased with my progress and asked me how I had done it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!