what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• BrittanyH8588
    BrittanyH8588 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am reading Mockinjay the 3rd book in The Hunger Games on the regular book form it comes in at the store lol Hard cover!!!!
  • RachCVT
    Options
    flowers for algernon on my kindle
  • lanibrynn
    Options
    H is for HOmicide - paperback
    Tribulation Force - Nook
    Spying in HIgh Heels - Nook Iphone App
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Dragons of Summer Flame by Weis & Hickman ( working my way through my husbands massive Dragonlance collection :) (paperback)

Chainfire by Terry Goodkin (paperback)

and of course the wonderful old standby Pride & Predjudice by Jane Austen (paperback)
  • gem_cat
    gem_cat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    wow, everybody's been reading The Hunger Games. I love the books and can't wait for the movie!

I am currently reading Weight Watchers' Weight Loss That Lasts. I found it in a book sale for only 3 bucks.

I'm halfway through Stephen King's Nightmares and Dreamscapes before i found the weight loss book so after this I'm back with my sci-fi.
  • craig1970
    craig1970 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm reading Crossfire by Andy McNab in hardback. Weighs a ton in my rucksack!
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Pride and Prejudice in paperback - for the 1st time. Don't know how I got thru high school without reading it.
  • paulamhunt
    paulamhunt Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Stephen King is my favorite author. :happy:
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    "The Nasty Bits" ~ Anthony Bourdain

next: re-read of "Watership Down" and then "The Hunger Games." Which better be as good as everyone's made it out to be!

Wow, Watership Down, one of my first and favorite books. I have read it many times but not in quite a while. I may have to dust that one off again.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    "Tipperary" by Frank Delaney
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

Hey I just bought the hunger games are they any good ?
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am reading the 3rd book in the Hunger Games, Mockingjay on my Kindle.

Hey I just bought the hunger games are they any good ?

THEY'RE AMAZING!!!!!!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Quick note to readers looking for a movie/book connection-

The movie "John Carter of Mars" is coming out in March, 2012. It's based on the Edgar Rice Burroughs book 'A Princess of Mars' - first of a series of Mars books. There are free copies out there for Kindle users and the ERB foundation has pdfs/ebooks available on their website.

If you like old-fashioned pulp science fiction you'll like this series.
  • messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    On my ipad2 I'm reading City of Bones and Catching Fire (The Hunger Games book #2). On paper back I'm reading To Kill A Mockingbird for like the 20th time.
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Loved the Holmes series..... and then there is the Father Brown mysteries, also very good reading.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Reading 'The Husband' by Dean Koontz.
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm reading "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay. Almost done, and I highly recommend it!
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have several going at the same time:

-Just finished the 2nd Hunger Games book, about to start the third.
    -Audiobook for commuting: Here's the Story: Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice by Maureen McCormick (she played Marsha Brady)
    -Chasm City (Revelation Space) Alastair Reynolds
    -At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter on my Kindle. Almost finished and I have no idea what to read next.
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I read the Sherlock Holmes series on my Nook color a few weeks ago, on vacation. Now i am reading A Tale of Two Cities, and just finished up with David Copperfield. It was ****ens 200th anniversary, and i felt these were worth a read again. I havent read them since high school when they were reqiured 40 years ago. I am enjoying them this time..... i did not enjoy them when i was 16 however. LOL My favorite auther is Maeve Binchy.