40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,969 Member
    Options
    You know what, luvmy?? You are my INSPIRATION, today!!

I am very grateful for my health. Very. And, I continue to work my body because I think it is meant to be worked.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey all...heading out to ski again today....I thinks I like it! :love:

Beeps what's up with the protein bars? Inquiring minds want to know! Oh and what does HIIT stand for? :cry:

To the guy who lost 10lbs and Dr. adjusted your BP meds......AWESOME!!!!!! You'll be off them in no time! :drinker:

Gotta go.....keep up the good work everyone....you're doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    crew, on another thread, we work on 2-week-challenges throughout the year. You get to pick your challenge (whether exercise-oriented or nutrition-oriented) and, that GOOD news is that you only have to do it for 2 weeks. Yet, somehow, once the 2 weeks are up, you often find you just incorporate that *change*, permanently, into your lifestyle.

Soooooooooo, because I upped my protein intake in the Fall, the only way (I thought) for me to do that, successfully, was with protein bars and protein shakes. And so it was.

For the 2-week-challenge I am in, right now, I've decided to give up protein bars. Period. (I was up to 3 - 4 per DAY.) And, I've tried to eliminate my protein shakes, too, but I did have one today.

It's tough to give up the convenience of this stuff....because I work long hours and, even if I didn't, you won't catch me spending my (precious) time cutting up veggies! But, I've found a solution that was working (until today)....there's always tomorrow!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beeps, I love the idea of having two week challenges.

:flowerforyou: Scuba, I guess I should wait til I have met my goal before weighing every day. It is just so tempting.

I missed two days of workouts this week. Next week is the shut down week. I will sign up for the next session's classes then.
  • luvmypwds
    Options
    I'm glad I was able to inspire you. I hear of so many people hating exercise, and I gotta say, I'm so envious of all who can. When I hear about someone training for a marathon, etc., I get a twinge of sadness. Happy for them, but sad for me. So embrace your bodies and health!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Swissmiss, 2-week-challenges are THE BEST! Sometimes, when people consider a 30-day-challenge, it just seems so DAUNTING. But, 2-weeks?? No problem...I can do ANYTHING for 2 weeks!

Plus, you "choose your own" challenge. So, some weeks, I focus on fitness (i.e. in addition to my regular work-outs, I'm going to do 100 jumping jacks every day!) and some weeks (most, actually) I focus on nutrition (i.e. add green tea into my diet; or diss protein bars). After 2 weeks, you're done! And you start a *new* challenge...

But, somehow, those *old* challenges just turn into GOOD HABITS. It's WONDERFUL!

luv - even you embrace your body/health, just as it is, which sounds super-healthy to me!

Today is weights for me....and, my boss is out of the office this afternoon, so I might just *linger* a bit at my noon work-out!!
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    Greetings everyone! I am still ill with a flu I am on day 5, terrible and my weigh-in is Monday. I am feeling guilty not having enough energy to exercise but I know I have to get well first. Wish me good luck!

As soon as I get well, I will be posting more about my exercise routine! Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Okay, it's long steady-state cardio day, today. I need it. I ate JUNK this week.
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all. New "mature" runner here. Reading thru from the beginning but wanted to tag the thread b4 I lose it. Loving MFP so far. xD
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    I had a great week and weigh in on Friday....minus 1.5 pounds. Trying to improve my exercise consistency so I purchased a new exercise DVD which I will break in tomorrow. My youngest daughter loves my homemade blueberry scones so I made those today but with some changes; I used fat free half & half in place of the heavy cream and used half 100% whole wheat flour, so we'll see how they taste tomorrow for breakfast! If smell means anything they will be DIVINE; and all for only 240 calories! Not an every day indulgence but definitely a once in a while treat. I love, love, LOVE to bake and thankfully I have tons of people around me who love for me to bake too; not all in my family, thankfully so a lot of times the goodies leave the house.
  • fit4everyoung
    Options
    I decided to work out this afternoon despite feeling congested. I did 30 minutes of elliptical, 55 DVD No More Trouble Zones (adding 5 pounds weights) and 40 minutes of elliptical, which brought me total of 900 calorie burn. No exercise since Sunday of last week. Now is time to get clean-up with a steam shower. Hope I maintain my 107.0 pounds by Monday ;0)!
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sorry did not check in last week, got tied up with work and stuff.

Looks like everyone has been doing great.

Managed to keep up with the 2lb a loss weight, last week and this week, which i am really pleased with. Been eating too many biscuits and sweets, but keeping under my calories. I can feel it when i work out, really need sor myself out and eat a little healthier.

Workouts have been swimming after work every night and some push ups and weights in the morning.

I have used been asked to do the cycling part of a team triathalon for charity which is on my birthday in April, so not long to get my bike out and start training. Really looking forward to it, i will be 45 and the first time i will have done anything like that.
  • KennyPollard
    KennyPollard Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    woo!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    It's a rest day, for me. And, tomorrow, too....as we are travelling today to meet my new baby nephew.

Husband has a bad cold, so he has to stay home....first "family day" ever (tomorrow) that we won't be together as a family. Oh well!

Oldest son is bringing his gf and heading to hometown after his work-shift. I'll take the little 2 and drive down after lunch. I'm excited to see my parents/siblings and to HOLD A BABY. Haven't done that since his brother was born 2 years ago! I'll get ALL MY baby kicks in, for sure!

I'll still be tracking my food, remotely, but I won't be posting. So, have a GREAT rest-of-your-weekend, folks and we'll read all about it when I'm back to posting later Monday night.

Cheers!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beeps, hope you had a wonderful trip. I have been present for three of my grandchildren's birth. They lived over 3 hours away but the drive was worth it to be able to hold a newborn.

It looks like everyone here is doing well. Lots of exercising and eating healthy.

We have the week off from classes at the YMCA. This is the week that we sign up for the next session. I am thinking that I may get some time with my husband since I will not be going to any classes right after work. Only problem is he likes to go quite late at night and doesn't leave until the Y closes. I don't want to get home at 11:30 because I have to get up so early the next morning. I am not signing up for Zumba this time. I ran into the instructor this weekend and told her that I was dropping out. It just won't burn enough calories for me anymore. Spinning, however, is a different story. Wonderful burn. So, I am signing up for spinning four days a week.

Happy Monday Morning to all !!!
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    So THIS is where the cool kids are :)
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Oh my, so many new posts!!! That's great!!!!! Sorry been MIA, again!!!! I have been busy at work and at home and of course my Zumba classes. I am starting a Zumba Gold (lower impact) this week in addition to my other 4 classes. I continue to exercise of course, teaching and my own workouts. But lately, perhaps due to some stress, I have been eating more junk, candy and all...getting back on track today.

Beeps, have a great time in HI!!! Well, yes, the Dr couldnt see anything in the xrays so he thinks I might have a little sprain somewhere on my L foot. I have been trying to take it easy but it is hard LOL not hurting as much. Hopefully getting better and whatever it is will heal. I hate to be injured, hard for me not to exercise let along teaching my classes the way I like it.

Gotta go for now. Have a fabulous day!!! Welcome to all the new members!! Post away!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Nothing better than 2 days spent kissing and cuddling a newborn - he is AWESOME!! And, I was snap-happy with my kids and him, too.

Sweet!

But, I've missed exercising....will be glad to be back at it, tomorrow. With husband away at conference, it will be a very busy week! And, work is kind of swamped, too, as i try and clean off my desk prior to holidays.

(Not complaining.....just explaining.)
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone-

Just checking in... Things have been going well for me, as I have found time to workout daily. It has been a wonderful combination of cardio, strength training and flexibitly workouts each week. I am very pleased.... not only has it been good mentally for me but my weight is down to a place I haven't seen in at least 5 years and I feel strong.

I hope you are all off to a wonderful week.

-Cara
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hey Cool Kids - Nice to here about how you all are doing. I completed my 2nd week of Insanity and took the fit test for the 2nd time today and saw overall improvements, so that's good. Took my son to the State Fair on Saturday and I did indulge in fair food. Had a fried crab ball (called "Devil Crab"), deep fried Oreos (awesome!), a gyro, and some wok fried soba noodles w/ teriyaki chicken which was actually full of fresh vegetables. Stomach wasn't too happy the next day though. :smile: It was a fun time, I knew in advance I wasn't going to eat well, and what's the point of going to the fair with no fair food, so no regrets and back to my regular eats this week.