That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• ElzbthStths
    ElzbthStths Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You have an apple or an orange and it tastes just like candy to you, because you have gone so long without eating candy or sweet desserts, that now fruit tatstes more sweet than candy.
    YUM!
  • monainmn
    monainmn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    That moment when everything in your closet looks like a tent on you...
  • cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I've had one big "moment" I was out to dinner with my family for my birthday and because the restaurant was so busy they sat us at a booth... which I'm terrified of booths, but we didn't have an option. So I sucked it up and had my Mom and my hubby go in before me and I braced myself for what was going to be a horrible dinner of being cramped up... and I slid in and ..... I fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blondegirl1319
    blondegirl1319 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    everyone's moments are so encouraging and uplifting to me, i just keep smiling at every one i read!!

one of mine is noticing that i can bend over to tie my shoes now without it killing me!! lol
    also noticing some muscles forming in my arms and legs..and feeling my pelvic bone again!!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    There is NOTHING that I'm looking forward to more than when my jeans are too big and when I feel comfortable in shorts again! Florida summers are just too hot to suffer through in jeans and I've got about 15lbs til I'll be comfortable enough to wear them again! Congrats to everyone's successes so far! This thread was a great idea, SO motivating!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I can button my jeans and not have to suck in my stomach.....
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    That moment when you spring into the gym instead of holding your head down in shame, fear or lack of confidence.
  • lynnjenn1985
    Options
    That moment when you can walk to the regular side of the store and not the plus size. Also being able to REALLY curl up on the couch and not have rolls in the way!

Love this!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I'll post this one.. it was several years ago before I gained the weight back but it was a big one..

I was working retail at Christmas, and I saw a thin pretty girl out of the corner of my eye, and I stepped back because I thought I was standing in her way. And then I turned and realized I had caught my own reflection in a MIRROR. OMG.

I hope I have moments like that one again. :smile:
  • Amelie220
    Options
    That moment when your cardiologist tell you that you have a NORMAL heart.... When you had 3 deformations for the past 20 years.....
  • Ruthiejas
    Options
    I have only just started my journey but I am so looking forward to some of the moments described on here. I know it is going to be tough but all I have to do is read some of these amazing moments and I know I will be inspired again. You guys are great, real motivation, thank you!
  • ashhills
    ashhills Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    you can see your collar bone

AMEN! And when you can actually FEEL your hip bones.
  • KimmySue72
    KimmySue72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That moment when...

Your husband hugs you and can put his arms all the way around you and link his fingers together...

Your six-year-old son says, "mom, your arms and legs look smaller than before".

You can sit comfortably in a restaurant booth for the first time in YEARS!

You realize that you can cross your legs.

Your belly no longer rubs the steering wheel in the car anymore!

LOVE THIS THREAD!!! :laugh: :happy:
  • Llorraine11
    Llorraine11 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    when people dont recognize u.. man what a feeling
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I noticed today that the belt I got at Christmas is on the last notch and it is still too big!!! :) And my hands look skinnier and my fingers look longer.
  • beckyluvsgeckos
    Options
    You can pull your pants down without undoing the button and zipper. :D
  • kmganz
    kmganz Posts: 16
    Options
    That moment when you realize your saving money because your body washes and lotions last longer.

Yes!! I totally noticed using less lotion - it was an awesome feeling!
  • jessicaann05
    Options
    My engagement ring that was almost too tight to wear at Christmas barely stays on my finger now...

Still many more of these moments left on my journey. Congrats to all! :)
  • hbart500
    hbart500 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    That moment when you are sitting down in a sports bra and workout pants, look down to see no rolls!
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    That moment when your friends call you a "skinny *****". :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!