4th of July Challenge!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• dixon04
    dixon04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating your exvercise calories or your body will go into "Starvation" mode and you won't loose the weight! Also beware of excersice burn out, you don't want to over due it and strain your body! Then you won't beable to exercise at all! Also just remember that weight loss is a marathon not a sprint! You will achieve your goal, it just takes time!
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ahh im still stuck at the same weight today i know its not friday yet so hopefully i can pull off at least a pound. Im not sure if im gonna meet my 4th july goal or not 5 pounds in two weeks is alot.

goal=209
    current 214.5
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I think a bunch of us are going to miss our goal be a few lbs. It's ok, at least you're trying and sticking with MFP. You've lost 9 lbs! That's so awesome! I think you're doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work and before you know it, you'll be at you'll goal weight :smile:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement:happy:
    i actually read a post today about eating my exercise calories.... i'm having a hard time eating my 1200 now! lol...but i just need to get out of that eating-more-is-bad mentality! :blushing:
    i've been working hard at it this week so hopefully it'll show from now on ... lol:wink:

keep up the good work guys!:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Man, I wish I had a problem eating my cals lol I'm always hungry. I'm allowed to have 1470 each day without exercise. I'm always so hungry if I don't exercise and eat the exercise cals.

You'll do just fine! :happy: Keep up the good work! Good luck :smile:
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ok the dreaded weigh in day lol. but Im down to 214.1 hey .4 of a pound is better than nothing lol. Plus this bring my grand total to 10 pounds lost which is very exciting. I'm almost positive I wont make the goal. So I think I'm going to revise it to 212.

current weight 214.1
    goal weight 209
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    i didn't weigh myself this morning:ohwell: Completely forgot to do it..totally slipped my mind and there's no way i'm stepping on the scale tonight lol esp after just eating dinner. So hopefully tomorrow morning says I'm down a pound or two..or three... *knocks on wood* cross your fingers for me lol
  • angelascott919
    Options
    One more week to go and I am almost there.

I hit a bit of a plateau and wasn't exercising as much as I should have been but after two days of going to the beach at the lake to swim. I have lost another pound and I only have 2.2 more to go to reach my 4th of July goal.

Today I am going to a festival with my husband and inlaws and will be walking all day but there will be lots of bad bad bad food. I'll have to look for the not as bad stuff.

Next week I will have to be sure to exercise and eat healthy and I know I can lose those last two pounds and be able to say goodbye to the 300's and hello 200's.

I think I will set my next goal for my birthday which is in September (along with my 11th Anniversary). Just not sure what weight I want to be at by that time. Anyone have any ideas of what would be a good goal? Suggestions are welcome.

Well everyone have a great week and I will see you here next week to report making my goal. (Gotta be positive)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I know how ya feel. I hit another plateau myself. It's prob bc I wasn't exercising as much as I normally do. :ohwell:

It's great to hear you only have 2.2 lbs to go til the 4th!!! Great job!

Hope everyone else is doing well this week! Keep up the good work!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi challengers- How is everyone? I'm great ! I'm unofficialy down to 293. I will post it on my ticker Sunday. This means I met my 4th of July goal of 295. I'm estatic !! I hope everyone has a great day ! Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Great job Cindy!

I finally got down to 153lbs! which means I'm only 3 lbs away from my 4 of July goal. I have 3 lbs to lose in 2 days lol. Is that possible? I'm thinking no?
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Kid, Now ,you do know dear that the less weight you have to lose the slower it comes off right? How tall are you? I'm 5'8" . My goal weight is between 150-160. We all did a great job !!!!! Even if your not going to meet the challenge weight thay you set up. We all ROCK !!!!!!!! Remember everyone this is a lifestyle now-NOT a race -there should be no finish line. Once we get to our goal weights the real hard part begins. Have a great day everyone !!!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    oh yea, I already know that lol. I've been stuck at 155lbs for about 3 weeks now lol. My weight is coming off extremely slow, so I have nothing to worry about it. I'm not doing this to diet, I'm doing it to change my life. I'm not looking to lose that extra 3 lbs in 2 days, I was just goofin around when I said that.
  • angelascott919
    Options
    Well here it is, one more day til the 4th and I am almost there. As of this morning when I weighed I am at 301.4. Although I have not met my goal of 300, I am very happy that I got this far in the time since this challenge started.

So I have now lost a total of 25 pounds since starting on MFP at the beginning of April. I have a way to go to reach my final goal but already I now feel better, have more energy and my clothes all fit a little looser than before.

So on we go to lose more weight, and most importantly get healthier.

Good Luck Everyone :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi everyone ! Congrats Angel !!! OK- I signed up for this challenge on May 9th. I weighed 321. My 4th of july goal was 305. I weighed in This morning at 291. :heart: So , I lost 30 pounds since the 9th of May. :heart: How is everyone else doing?? Cindy :heart:
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow, Cindy, that is amazing! I just managed to meet my goal today - 196 pounds. Of course, that could be different tomorrow...I like to be below a weight for a couple of days before I decide that I've met a goal :laugh:

Everyone have a great day!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 188
    Goal weight: 175
    Final weight: 183 :frown:

5 pounds in two months, not exactly stellar, but I'm the one who didn't stick to my plan and gave into temptaion, so I can't really blame anyone else. Besides, I"m still five pounds lighter than when the challenge started, and that's something!

I'm modeling a corset at the end of August for a friend of mine and she took my measurements yesterday. This means that I'm not allowed to change my body shape and size before then, but that's ok. I'll watch my weight, eat healthy and stay my same size and then come back with a vengance at the end! That leaves 4 months at the end of the year, I can lose 20 lbs in that! I may not reach 160 by the end of the year like I hoped, but it shouldn't be too far behind. :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Well, it's the 4th of July. I didn't make my goal, I'm off by 2 lbs, which is still good! Hope everyone did great and got to their goal or at least close to it!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!:happy: