Options
    My favorites from the 90s:
    Frente!
    Del Amitri
    Fleming and John
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    The best ones usually end up strung out and skinny. Aerosmith anyone? I know they started out in the 70s but I turned 4 in 1990. Still one of my faves
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I actull know dream theater. And probably have a frente tape up in my attic. Lol
    Loved smashing pumpkins, beck, goo goo dolls blink 182 green day lit
    Does boyz to men count as a band. More of a group.
    I loved the 90's. It is what I work out too.
    Best times in the 90's I was in my teens to my twenties. Best times of my life!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Tool and Portishead
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    forgot about Tool.

s**t me too, only my favourite band ever!!! Doh! I was on a bit of a grunge trip and totally forgot about them
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Keep in mind, I'm not saying they're horrible, even though I'm not a fan. My biggest beef is that somehow, Kurt Cobain gets all this credit for being gods gift to music. He was only a part of a movement, not the movement.

Pearl Jam released Ten a month earlier than Nirvana released Nevermind. While it took a little bit longer for Ten to gain steam, that release clearly played just as big a role in the success of the grunge movement.
    [/quote]

Ten was Pearl Jam's first album, but didn't Nirvana release Bleach (although not popular at the time) out years before both Ten and Nevermind? Too many years and beers ago for me to recall if that's right or not. :laugh:
    [/quote]

I'm not trying to get in on the debate, but you are correct about "Bleach" it may actually be a late 80's release
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Mine favorites are: Blur, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Limp bizkit, deep blue something, spin doctors, oasis, presidents of the united states of america, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, soul coughing, sublime, stone temple pilots.

yeah this... my teens and early twenties all the way
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I actull know dream theater. And probably have a frente tape up in my attic. Lol
    Loved smashing pumpkins, beck, goo goo dolls blink 182 green day lit
    Does boyz to men count as a band. More of a group.
    I loved the 90's. It is what I work out too.
    Best times in the 90's I was in my teens to my twenties. Best times of my life!!

i have dream theater as one of my songs for working out
  • drgummibear
    drgummibear Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How about Weezer?
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    great now i found myself digging through all of my old CD's today, thanks a lot, i found radiohead and 2 live crew, great times with 2 live crew, my friend and i were having our own party at a hick party which they don't approve at the time of partying like this, whiskey and beer only and then lets fight, whatever, anyway, he had a huge stereo system in his truck and he put in my 2 live crew disk and cranked it on "hey we want some p****y", i couldn't stop laughing my chest hurt so bad i couldn't even stand up, crying like a mad man.
  • runlaugheatpie
    runlaugheatpie Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    How about Weezer?

oh yeah I love Weezer!
  • elcyclista
    Options
    Tool
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    We need some SOOOUUULLLL up in here......Jodeci, BBD, BoyzIIMen, Shai, Silk, Chris bender, Joe, Ginuwine, R.kelly, Rome, etc..
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    We need some SOOOUUULLLL up in here......Jodeci, BBD, BoyzIIMen, Shai, Silk, Chris bender, Joe, Ginuwine, R.kelly, Rome, etc..

I heard 'Stay' by Jodeci for the first time in years the other day.....man brought back some memories.
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm actually listening to Regulate by Warren G right now. Good ol 90's
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I had my first thought when I read the topic title. Now after reading the entire post, I'm sure my initial reaction was correct.

"Were there any good 90's bands? I don't think so . . . "
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Mine favorites are: Blur, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Bush, Limp bizkit, deep blue something, spin doctors, oasis, presidents of the united states of america, radiohead, smashing pumpkins, soul coughing, sublime, stone temple pilots.

Now that's a good list.
  • greeentea
    greeentea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Third Eye Blind, Barenaked Ladies, Eve 6, Dave Matthews Band, Everclear, Blues Traveler.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    my favorites :

Soundgarden
    Alice in Chains
    Nirvana
    STP
    Toad the Wet Sprocket
    Mazzy Star
    Temple of the Dog
    Mad Season
    Radiohead
    Third Eye Blind
    Pearl Jam
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I listened a lot of everything, but these are ones I could recall off the top of my head as being "most listened to."

Beastie Boys!!
    Alanis Morissette
    Jewel
    Semisonic
    No Doubt
    Kotton Mouth Kings (LOL, yes I loved them!)
    Foo Fighters
    Radiohead
    Blink 182
    Green Day
    Portishead
    Third Eye Blind
    Eve 6
    NHOI (aka Never Heard Of It) <---FAVE local band that kinda made it big but not "BIG"
    Spice Girls & BSB! (Haha)
    Korn & Limp Bizkit
    Weezer
    NIN

Slightly Stoopid and Sublime! (How could I forget them!)