what book or books are you reading now and how?

Options

Replies

• norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Lords of the Underworld
    and on my nook

love my nook :)
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm reading George Orwell's book "1984". It's amazing. :) I'm not reading on a kindle or anything - I like to read the old-fashioned way, lol.

I've probably read 1984 more than 20 times.
    It's my favorite book, I love George Orwell.
  • JersryGirl31
    Options
    The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm apparently on a historical romance novel kick right now and am about to start the 5th book in the Hansen series by Kris Tualla. After that I might reread The Hunger Games to refresh myself for when the movie comes out. But if I don't then I'll probably just choose a book at random on my Kindle since I get a handful of free ones every day and my Kindle is totally replacing my physical book library. Hell I'm even repurchasing books that I physically own just so I can have them on my Kindle. It really helps when you're in the military and move a bunch to just be able to have your library with you all the time.
  • TheLastBeginning
    TheLastBeginning Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire which I hatedddd (not sure how they made it into such a good musical!) Now I'm reading Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and How to Find Your Soulmate Without Losing Your Soul by Jason &Crystalina Evert. And how? Well Wicked and Never Let Me Go were paperbacks and How to Find Your Soulmate is hardcover :)
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    "Wheat Belly"...and "The Primal Blueprint" on my NookColor:-)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I read that title and was a bit confused until I figured out that you meant "what format?".

I refuse to read books on electronic devices, so it's real books all the way for me. Right now, I'm reading:

In The Woods by Tana French
    Spooner by Pete Dexter
    The Fortress Of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem
    Dog Blood by David Moody

I also just got my shiny, new BBC versions of the first two Sherlock Holmes books in the mail.

Took me a bit to get it too. I read hard cover. Robin Cook is my author of the moment along with Anne McCaffery.

Silly me was gonna say when I am taking a nice bubble bath or relaxing before bed
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just Over the Mountain by Robyn Carr
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
  • jiggy_gibby
    Options
    Hunger Games - Paperback
    Cook Yourself Thin Cookbook- Paperback
    Constructing the Ancient World: Architecture of Greeks and Romans- Hardback

Books on tape: The Odyssey by Homer- in my car commute (finished The Iliad right before Christmas)
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "What You Need to Know About Cervical Cancer." Yeah, not exactly a best-seller, but it's at the top of my list right now.
  • kellicarter11
    kellicarter11 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Game of thrones by George RR Martin
  • Eliza117
    Options
    Re-reading the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, paperback
    My Chemistry textbook, hardback
    The Matchmaker of Kenmare: A Novel of Ireland by Frank Delaney, iPad
    The Historian by Elizabeth Kosteva, iPad
  • charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I started one more time the "Foucault's pendulum" by Umberto Eco. I 've started it almost 3 times before but never managed to read more than 100 pages. :noway:
    This time I will try to be more dedicated, and try to find out why so many people like it! :laugh: :laugh:
    I think I'm having the same trouble as I had with Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" where I couldn't remember all the names!!!!:grumble: :grumble:
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    LOVE this thread!! I don't normally read more than one book at a time, but for some reason, I have several going now.
    Read the Hunger Games series last year and loved all of them so i decided to try some of her other books. I just finished the series The Underland Chronicles also written by Suzanne Collins. It's probably a middle school reading level, but I really enjoyed it and finished all 5 books in one weekend.
    Also working on World Without End by Ken Follett. LOVED his Pillars of the Earth!!
    I'm pretty much always working on some part of Tolkien and am currently re reading The Hobbit for the billionth time!!
    I am reading them on my Kindle which, much to my surprise, I love. I will never give up my actual books and I still read them also but I like the convenience of my Kindle.
    Thanks for the new book ideas I have gotten from this thread...Amazon thanks you also for my shopping spree!!
  • myers0machine
    Options
    The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding book by Arnold Schwarzenegger am reading now
    and the only other book ive actually finished is the Boy in the Striped Pajamas by john boyne
    i usual start a new book then get half way then start a new one aha so thats the only two books ive ever read
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I read that title and was a bit confused until I figured out that you meant "what format?".

I refuse to read books on electronic devices, so it's real books all the way for me. Right now, I'm reading:

In The Woods by Tana French
    Spooner by Pete Dexter
    The Fortress Of Solitude by Jonathan Lethem
    Dog Blood by David Moody

I also just got my shiny, new BBC versions of the first two Sherlock Holmes books in the mail.

Took me a bit to get it too. I read hard cover. Robin Cook is my author of the moment along with Anne McCaffery.

Silly me was gonna say when I am taking a nice bubble bath or relaxing before bed

LOL, I was gonna say "upside down in bed". That actually happens more often than I'd like to admit.

Oh, and I'm also reading a book about krav maga, but I consider that more research than actual reading.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward in paperback
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I started one more time the "Foucault's pendulum" by Umberto Eco. I 've started it almost 3 times before but never managed to read more than 100 pages. :noway:
    This time I will try to be more dedicated, and try to find out why so many people like it! :laugh: :laugh:
    I think I'm having the same trouble as I had with Gabriel Garcia Marquez's "One Hundred Years of Solitude" where I couldn't remember all the names!!!!:grumble: :grumble:

Most versions of One Hundred Years have a "family tree" posted on the first page, it helps. :smile: