Woggers Team - JOIN US!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    Great ladies!!!! A new chanllange? I'm still working on the previous one. I wogged by myself today. We got a new puppy and my son just couldn't bring himself to leave her alone. But......hes not being there, actually worked out better for me. For the first time I pushed myself to jogg the farthest I've jogged since my Navy days!!!!! I wogged for a total of four miles and I jogged about 3/4 of each lap. If you guys remember me telling you, each lap is 8/10th of a mile. The reason why this is so hard for me is because our sports park was built on a small slope. It's probably nothing to the young people but to this old lady, its hard running up that little slope.........hahahahaha

you are doing great Marty.....You are really pushing yourself. That is so great for you. Keep up the great job. I know what you mean, any little incline is so hard for me too.
    My day has slipped by and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out for my wog. I am still hoping, but the girls..... they often set the schedual for the evening. I will try to get at least 15min.
    I hope the rest of you are having better luck.
    take care.
    Kim
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Did anybody here read the book "Fast Food Nation"? I just started it and it seems pretty good so far.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    no but i've heard of it...lemme know what you think of it when you're done. I need something new to read
  • kimss
    Options
    hey jenna,
    my 3 yr old just loves your castle... everytime she is on my lap and we pass by it, she just screams and points and sks if we can fo to the castle.:bigsmile: too cute....:happy:
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    What about you, Abby or Amy or Rachel and anybody else I missed?

Hi!
    My exercise minutes for this week are:
    Wogging - 161 minutes
    Other exercise - 100 minutes
    Total exercise minutes - 260

~Abby

133914.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • PinkShoes
    PinkShoes Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Abby, I do both (treadmill and the road)

Maybe try a different place to run outside - a change of scenery may be helpful. Or you could mix up wogging with a different kind of cardio exercise. Dancing is a really fun cardio workout! You could join a class or use a cardio DVD. There are a lot of great DVDs out there. I look them up on Amazon and read the reviews.

~Abby

133914.png
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha I have more pics, I'll post them so she can look at them :happy:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Abby, I do both (treadmill and the road)

Maybe try a different place to run outside - a change of scenery may be helpful. Or you could mix up wogging with a different kind of cardio exercise. Dancing is a really fun cardio workout! You could join a class or use a cardio DVD. There are a lot of great DVDs out there. I look them up on Amazon and read the reviews.

~Abby

133914.png

Dance Dance Revolution!!!!!!! Sorry, I am obsessed with that game. It's a great way to burn calories without even thinking about it.:happy:
  • fitgal411
    Options
    So yesterday we're still working on remodeling the building. My friend and I moved all the tables this time! One of the guys said, "wow! You ladies are strong!" :blushing: I felt so proud of myself! I did the Ab Challenge exercises, and I walked 20 minutes (probably a lot more because we had to move things all around the building and back!):happy:

Don't lose focus over the weekend!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: I'm here for everyone (while trying to make myself stay on track!)
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I used to do DDR back in the day lol I don't have it, but if I did I def would do it just to burn the cals. I'm dreading the gym this morning for some reason. I really need to start going back to the gym (yesterday was my first day in about a week and a half)...I'm paying for the darn place, you'd think that'd be more motivation than anything lol :smile: There aren't any fun classes this morning...so I guess I'll just do some more interval training
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I used to do DDR back in the day lol I don't have it, but if I did I def would do it just to burn the cals. I'm dreading the gym this morning for some reason. I really need to start going back to the gym (yesterday was my first day in about a week and a half)...I'm paying for the darn place, you'd think that'd be more motivation than anything lol :smile: There aren't any fun classes this morning...so I guess I'll just do some more interval training

If you're dreading the gym - DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!:wink: Do some at-home exercise videos or take a walk outside. No one is forcing you to go to the gym. There are plenty of other ways to exercise out there.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I'm just having a rough time right now. I didn't mean to offend you or annoy you.
    It's not just the gym, I actually meant "exercising" in general. I was just venting about how I frustrate myself...it was just a random thought at the time. I guess I shouldn't post stuff like that.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I'm just having a rough time right now. I didn't mean to offend you or annoy you.
    It's not just the gym, I actually meant "exercising" in general. I was just venting about how I frustrate myself...it was just a random thought at the time. I guess I shouldn't post stuff like that.

Hey, Jenna, post all you want! :happy: I didn't get offended at all. I was just making some suggestions. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.. As long as you're still exercising, you'll do great, but you may need to take a short break. Just to relax and stop thinking about eating and exercising. You'll feel better after.:smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yeppers, completely agreed, I took a week-ish off from the gym and didn't focus much on counting my cals last week either...but meh, I need to push through it :smile: Gotta get back in the game :wink:
  • kimss
    Options
    Hi girls,
    well my frustration is the oppositet from yours today. I want to get out there and walk, but I can't.
    it seems that either someone comes to visit, and I can't just say, "Hey,I need to go run, see you later?" and if it's not that, the kids are demanding and I'm trying to potty train the 3yr old. I cleaned up 2 potty messes yesterday. and had go out and buy a new " little green carpet cleaning machine".
    . So as you can see, I didn't get out to wog yesterday. So I planned that I would go out this morning, instead,Rachel woke up with a dry diaper so we thought,"perfect time" but, I spent 2hours trying to get her to " potty on the big girl potty" , NOTHING!!!!! we did everything we could think of, and finally we were starving and needing to eat and just frustrated so we gave up. 10 min. later she came and told me she needed her diaper changed... and she filled it...I am so frustrated...:grumble: :noway:
    But, now I have a full tummy " vege eggwhite omlete "and I wish I could go out, but I need to wait until my food settles. so It will be another 1-2 hours.
    I'm hoping that it doesn't reach 90 degrees today, too. I't is already 85 at just about 1pm. so it might.
    well, that is my day,' so far.... oh yea I got on the scale this moring and am back at the 155. but will it hold? I do this every week. I make it to this point and then by Mon. I'm back up to 157. I'm really going to try to hold this weight down. this weekend.

wish me luck!!!!!!:smile:
    Hey Jenna, I'm going to show her your pic's in a min.
    good luck on finding your groove..... you'll get it, I know you can do it.
    Rach.....So who ended up winning this week?
    "IT WAS YOU !!!!!!!Great Job and Congrat's !!!:flowerforyou:
    I hope everyone else is having a great weekend, that's why we haven't heard from you....
    talk with you soon.
    Kim
  • kimss
    Options
    hey Jenna,
    I just showed Rachel your pics. she loved all the colores of the castle... she also liked TinkerBell, then I showed her your pic, with the green shirt, and she pointed and said, "She's Tinker bell too. "

Thanks, she loved them.
    see ya, Kim
  • abuelita60
    abuelita60 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had every intention of going out for my wogg, but I am too tired. Ended being designated driver last night and didn't get home until 0200. Then I really didn't get no sleep cause of the loud snoring, drunk talking my husband does when he over does it. I"m off to my nephews b-day party in a few minutes.......I think I can........I think I can..........well I'm going to make a big effort in not eating too much....
  • kimss
    Options
    Ok, I finally got to wog!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
    I only did 52 min', but its so hot and I ran 30min of it, So I think I did OK.
    After missing out on yesterday, and I'm going out tomorrow, I will be 1 day short of my goal for the week.
    I hope you all have a good weekend.
    Have fun at your party Marty.....
  • fitgal411
    Options
    I had too much caffeine today. A whole bottle of Pepsi, actually. Plus an ice cream bar and some sort of strawberry tart thing. Oh well. I'll do better tomorrow. Today was my break.

All right, I have a challenge! At least half of our exercise minutes have to be some sort of strength training. Lifting things, ab exercises . . . whatever. Strength training is just as important as cardio. How about we start it this Thursday, since it's already a few days into the week?

Let me know what you think!:happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha that's so cute! I used to be obsessed with tinkerbell when I was little so that's a compliment haha

I'm glad she liked the pics, I posted them just for her :happy: