30 day shred starting on Monday 20th Feb...any takers??

Options

Replies

• kristi_asco
    Options
    i just bought mine today @ costco & i'm starting it tonight! :happy:
  • samanthla
    Options
    I just started on Sunday. I'm using 5 lb weights and its kicking my butt! I thought I was in better shape than this haha. I took my before pictures, hoping for some good results. Are you ladies doing before and after photos too?

Good luck ladies!
  • Soniatantu
    Soniatantu Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ill join you. I started level 2 today, but I have been doing it almost everyday. I did level 1 for two weeks. I am thinking of spending two weeks on each level.
  • KristenStone
    KristenStone Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This will be day 3 for me-totally a kick in the *kitten*....haha

I'm in!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll join in, too. My husband & I haven't stuck with it for more than a few days, so I think this every other day thing might really help. Can't wait to get started tonight!
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I forgot that I had loaned my 30DS dvd to my niece, so I did Ripped in 30 instead. It is basically the same, though. My eight year old daughter did it with me, and i followed it with a 1.5 mile run. I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow!!

Are we going to be posting our weights and measurrements??
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    I am in. I started this tonight. I was going to start my own thread (for tracking) but then I saw this one (might still start my own for tracking anyway).

Will try to get measurements and photos for before and after.

Starting out I am a 5ft 11in male. Weighed in today at 231. (Down 8lbs this year and down 39lbs since January 1st, 2011)

Not sure if I will make this an AM workout and do elliptical in the evening or vice versa.

My biggest question is the calorie burn to track this. Anyone able to guesstimate? (for the purposes of eating back calories to not starve the body....and slow the metabolism)
  • micha1984
    Options
    I did it at 6 this morning and then ran 2 miles this afternoon :) feels good so far! We shall see if I stick with the 30DS!
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well done guys!! I done day 2 today and then walked to work. my butt and legs are in so much pain!! but its good pain, enjoy the burn gggrrrr:laugh:
    I've taken some 'before' pics last night :noway: NOT good! so hopefully the comparason for the after pics will be good!
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    My biggest question is the calorie burn to track this. Anyone able to guesstimate? (for the purposes of eating back calories to not starve the body....and slow the metabolism)
    I did L1 last night with my HRM on and burned 250, but this is my second time around with the shred and I'm fitter now than I was the first time. Back then I was burning around 280-290 each time.
  • dublinrose
    dublinrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done...wasn't sure if I would make it through. I woke up this morning with aches all over from yesterday but I went ahead and did it and it was fine...its making the decision to do it thats the hard part, once you start its fine.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done...wasn't sure if I would make it through. I woke up this morning with aches all over from yesterday but I went ahead and did it and it was fine...its making the decision to do it thats the hard part, once you start its fine.

I will tell you the first 3 days were hell, pain, aches, yesterday was the worse. GOOD NEWS: I woke up this morning and for the first day was not in pain. So keep pushing through you can do it!! I promise it will get better
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I just started on Sunday. I'm using 5 lb weights and its kicking my butt! I thought I was in better shape than this haha. I took my before pictures, hoping for some good results. Are you ladies doing before and after photos too?

Good luck ladies!

I took before photo's and did measurments, kinda of embarrashed at how they look :( so hoping this helps some
  • gvsu4msu
    Options
    This AM was D2L1 - I think I will try to do these workouts before work (at 6-:630AM) Then I can do my elliptical workouts in the evening.

Best part of the first workout was my 5yr old "joining" me in doing them. She loved doing these with daddy.....she even wanted to use the 1lb weights. She lasted about 10 minutes.

I am realizing something I already know...my legs are not as flexible as they probably could be. I expect this will change over time.
  • lisali01
    lisali01 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I have a hard time staying motivated to continue but Im hoping you all will keep me motivated to continue. I've had the dvd for while now and have not done more than a week. Just finished doing Day 1 level 1 and hoping to finish to day 30.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    I would like to join in. I have a hard time staying motivated to continue but Im hoping you all will keep me motivated to continue. I've had the dvd for while now and have not done more than a week. Just finished doing Day 1 level 1 and hoping to finish to day 30.

You can do it!
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Im in I started LVL1 last night - and I died, even after lifting 12lb weights in chalean extreme I was DYING with my 5lb weights, especially on that side lung with a lift move !!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I will keep pushing thru though - I am not decided on wheter ill do it everyday though - I like the idea of every other day.

Im also doing C25K, So maybe Ill add in some additional cardio on tuesdays and thursdays (zumba, turbofire?)
  • ange44
    Options
    Just done day 1 of 30 ds. It's as difficult as I'd remembered!!!! Now getting on the exercise bike.
  • Tudrase
    Options
    My dvd has just arrived in the post :-D going to start tomorrow
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    would love to as i should be recieveing my today hopefully =)