• PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Tuesday: 2/2 days within calorie goal
  • kvreeken
    kvreeken Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Day 8 under calorie goal.

I've decided on my husband's insistence that I go from maintenance to gain 1/2 pound a week until I'm up 2-3 pounds. My post picture was taken BEFORE I lost 15 pounds. And I believe being in the 118 range is a better healthier weight for me than the 114-115. Although I started MFP when I was at 131 the February before I weighed in at 141. So I think he is in a little bit of shock.
    I lost muscle with some of my weight loss and need to re-establish a rear-end. It's gone along with the little chest I used to have. :-)

That would normally seem great....she can eat more. But guess what? When you give me an inch I tend to CRAVE a mile. I do better when I know that "don't even consider it" is my train of thought.

Anyhow, enough about that! Good luck to all. On to day number 9.
  • DLJ_77
    DLJ_77 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I survived Day 9...barely. Damn shamrock shake got me again! Needless to say, I hit the gym at 10:30PM and all is well! I didn't let Fat Tuesday get me:). I hope everyone else is staying strong too!
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Day 5 for me... and it's been really hard, but I've done it! I've got a number I'm waiting to see on the scale, then I'll increase my daily calories by a couple hundred so it's not quite so challenging!
  • macdemac
    macdemac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well ... starting this week! So far 3 from 3!

I have been going reasonably well but had a BAD weekend ... ate too much!

4452714.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kvreeken
    Options
    Day 9 just barely made it even with moving to gain 1/2 pound a week. Can't stop foredging in the refrigerator. I think I need to stay away from the house today!

DLJ_77 it's a good thing Shamrock shakes are seasonal!!!! :laugh:
  • Andaw
    Andaw Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, I pretty much burned the same calories and I took in last week and guess what?..... I didn't loose weight!! I'm determined that this week I'm going to burn more and eat less so that the scales will be kinder next Monday.
  • steadyloser
    Options
    I am with you !
    I have been below for three days now ,lost 1.5 lbs.
    I live in Ohio & our winter has been very mild.
    I have been out walking everyday.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't know about where you live but February is cold and miserable in Detroit, Michigan USA.
    I do not know if that is part of the problem (needing warm comfort food) but I was over my calorie goal 4 times last week and I just need a uncomplicated 7 day challenge. Simply stay the hell below my calorie goal for 7 frikkin' days. Anyone with me?

I was in Detroit February 4 years ago :) I live in Ireland. I try to stay under my calories every day, have gone over a couple of days but try to make up for it the next day :)

xx
  • juliahorse
    Options
    HI
    Can I join?
    Been over calories every day since the beginning of the year - but need to get focused and back on track.
    Not a bad start to the day and done some exercise already
    Biscuit tin empty and just had last bit of cake so fingers crossed I can get through the day!!!
  • macdemac
    Options
    I am convinced that we all can eat and exercise consistently to improve our health and lifestyle.

I just had coffee (skinny milk) with a friend and he had pre-ordered raisin toast for me before I arrived. It is hard to say no so I ate it but now have to manage the calories out for the remainder of the day. BURN BABY BURN!

I also have good friends coming for dinner on Saturday night which will be tough. I love a glass of wine and a beer but have not had ANY alcohol for 3 weeks now and to sustain that effort on Saturday night will be very, very tough. Wish me luck.

;-)

4452714.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • macdemac
    Options
    One more quick pointer before I head off to BURN ...

I have been using weighitup.com.au recipes to plan my menu for the week. I pre-load the recipes into MFP so I know what my planned calorie intake is and then I manage my calories in and out. If I have EXTRA then I know that I have to exercise more or eat less at the next meal. I don't always succeed but at least I know the impact of a piece of toast, as an example, and then can do something about it.

Not knowing the impact of some food s the thing that kills me because I just don't know the calories, etc., of every food.

Works for me so I hope you find this useful.

:smile:

brettm
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I just joined, and will be starting my challenge tomorrow! Can't wait!

I've been going over my cal limits ALOT lately, and it is starting to show on the scales!
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    Wed 3 days out of 3 for me. Yay! :wink:
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    Thurs 4 out of 4....bit more challenging today
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Hello!

Day 1 for me here -I went 24 cals over...so I will try again tomorrow, and keep on till I get my 7 days! :bigsmile: At least I was WAY closer than I have been!

Have a wonderful Friday!
  • kvreeken
    Options
    Day 10 success! On to day 11 TGIF all....
  • PSGPolly
    Options
    This challenge really helped me keep focus thanks. I lost 1.8kg this week ...last couple of months I had losses around 200grams :happy:
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    Friday check in -

Yay! I did it!! Day 1 done, and on to Day 2...so far so good!
  • luvmybeebees
    Options
    :happy: Saturday check in

Day 2under cals!